Camping Trailers/Roof Tents picture thread. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Camping Trailers/Roof Tents picture thread.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 02-22-2010, 09:55 PM   #16
TedderX_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMojave View Post
I'm looking for "expedition trailers" not campers and I was attempting to make a picture thread.
JF has some good ones, however my favorite offroad trailer I've found so far was made for an FJ-40( i mean, it is DAMN nice. I'll post pictures if anyone is interested).

Check out expeditionportal.com They catagorize theif forum per model(ford, chevy, Jeep, etc). but most everything there is designed for expo'ing. It's a good site.

Oh Crap! Handle- Standard Equipment

Quote:
"If you need a knife to open your knife, you've bought the wrong knife". -Tedder

Last edited by TedderX_; 02-22-2010 at 10:22 PM..
TedderX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2010, 11:18 PM   #17
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 12:38 PM   #18
scarbogarage
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Drednot, I like that trailer. That is what I want!!!!
scarbogarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #19
DocMojave
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Here is a great older thread with a lot of pictures.

I think one of the cheapest ways to get into this is by starting with a M101 Cargo Trailer. The M101CDN trailer used by the Canadian Army was built by Iltis, which I believe is a military division of Volkswagen. Ive seen them advertised for $500.00 (Group buy!!!) too bad they're sold out.

Unread 02-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #20
nwiTJdave

I found this build thread a while from someone on this forum. I think they did a remarkable job.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/dawsons-m-416-build-616811/index4.html

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #21
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMojave View Post
I think one of the cheapest ways to get into this is by starting with a M101 Cargo Trailer. The M101CDN trailer used by the Canadian Army was built by Iltis, which I believe is a military division of Volkswagen.
The M101CDN 1/4 ton trailer was actually manufactured by DEW engineering in 1992.It is a nearly identicle copy of the US M416 from the '60s
It was for the Canadian Iltis "jeep" that was licence built by Bombardier for the Canadian Army. The original Iltis was made in Germany by Volkswagen for the German Army.The Germans used a different trailer.

DEW Engineering - About DEW

Not to be confused with the US M101 trailer that was a larger, heavier 3/4 ton unit for the M37 Dodge 3/4 ton

Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #22
Nightwalker
1979 CJ5 

That vehicle is actualy pretty neet.

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Red"]"Give Life" Donate a pint of blood.[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

"This place is like a fine drug.

It's easy to start, hard to quit, you lose sleep over it, you lose money because of it, and you put up with alot of **** from some people associated with it. But no matter what you never wanna give it up."

Can't sleep?
Join [url]http://www.nightcrew.org/index.php[/url]
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #23
gotmike
1977 FSJ Cherokee 

here's mine...
trailer: free
35" tires: free
steel for upgrades: free
seeing the wiplash victims as i pass: priceless!!!

gotmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2011, 08:49 PM   #24
DocMojave
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmike View Post
here's mine...
trailer: free
35" tires: free
steel for upgrades: free
seeing the wiplash victims as i pass: priceless!!!

Cool, almost looks like a Pikes Peak type trailer.
Unread 07-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #25
gotmike
1977 FSJ Cherokee 

i did get a bit of inspiration off of the original pikes peak trailer build thread... but i didn't build the original trailer... just modified it... added the tool boxes, lifted it... cleaned it up... added some armor... that type of stuff... it's probably not going to be as extreme as the pikes peak units... but something like them... (still need it for hauling trash on the weekends... lol...)
Unread 07-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #26
woodscavenger
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am not sure but I think if you look around on Craigslist you can find someone who created a trailer from a 40's-50's pickup. Those were stepside beds for the most part. Find a shrotbox type and I think you would have a nsmall nice looking trailer for pretty cheap. I am not sure of the track width.
woodscavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #27
Pullsout
1993 YJ Wrangler 

how can you take these kinda trailers up on trail with you. I mean a hard trail with hills and rocks all over the place? Not trying to sound like a smart *** just curious cause you have me intereseted in one now.
Pullsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #28
gotmike
1977 FSJ Cherokee 

one... they have to be easy to back up... or unhook and move by hand (so balance is a biggy)
two... they have to have enough ground clearance to keep from dragging everywhere...
three... they have to be stout enough that they don't fall apart if they get banged up on something... you'll probably end up dragging it over at least one rock...
four... it has to be light enough that it won't get so hung up on something that you can't move it... at all... by hand... or at least with a handyman jack...
Unread 07-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #29
DocMojave
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullsout View Post
how can you take these kinda trailers up on trail with you. I mean a hard trail with hills and rocks all over the place? Not trying to sound like a smart *** just curious cause you have me intereseted in one now.
Check out the YouTube videos on Pikes Peak.
Unread 07-10-2011, 11:12 PM   #30
youngdog17
2001 WJ 

Any one know what brand the vary first 2 pics are? the dark green and the all white with the overland roof top tent?
youngdog17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tents , trailers

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.