Camping pics W/Jeep - Page 66 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Camping pics W/Jeep

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!

Unread 04-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #976
lanky14TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This weekend in the Allegheny mountains at my camp. Not roughing it, been building our cabin for many years now. Still camping though !!

image-3566947772.jpg   image-1071390112.jpg   image-4017380364.jpg   image-2946720703.jpg  
lanky14TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #977
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

beautiful

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #978
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevy View Post
another trip out a couple weeks ago. My son slept in the tent and I set up a hammock. I had just purchased a used Clark Jungle Hammock and wanted to try it out.

Hey man how do you like that kind of hammock set up? Thinking of getting something like that myself

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #979
Jevy
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuzeppelin View Post
Hey man how do you like that kind of hammock set up? Thinking of getting something like that myself
lets just say that I love it enough to have sold my roof top tent. I've been through several hammock set ups until I found one I was totally satisfied with. I've been hammocking for the past probably 5-6 years. If I hadn't discovered them I doubt I would be doing any camping at this point.

My M416 with Roof Top Tent [URL="http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/84244-Jevy-s-humble-M-416-build-thread"]Build[/URL] Thread
Jevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #980
Oper8or
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnotikrobot View Post
Welcome to the hammock district.

Been hammocking for about a year now. What you guys using? Home made here 1.7 syl. Suprised you didnt have a tarp up.
Oper8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #981
Oper8or
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
another trip out a couple weeks ago. My son slept in the tent and I set up a hammock. I had just purchased a used Clark Jungle Hammock and wanted to try it out.
You on HF? Just wondering.
Oper8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #982
JessyV
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG811
Headed south while the weather was perfect, only it was for work.
Oh, and yes ...
I get paid to take kids camping !!!
WOW!
Where did you go?
Looks amazing!
JessyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 05:57 AM   #983
budmanm3
2012 JK Wrangler 

Jeep Beach Weekend

forumrunner_20130427_075630.jpg
Unread 04-29-2013, 03:39 AM   #984
ljrunner05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
lets just say that I love it enough to have sold my roof top tent. I've been through several hammock set ups until I found one I was totally satisfied with. I've been hammocking for the past probably 5-6 years. If I hadn't discovered them I doubt I would be doing any camping at this point.
I've been hammock camping for about 5 years but it's always been with my ENO (Eagles Nest Outfitters) Doublenest. I've got the rainfly and a custom set of webbing and cinches to hang it with. It's a great setup but I've been looking pretty hard at the Clark Jungle Hammocks. Have you camped in an ENO before? Any comparisons?

I guess to stay on topic I'll add a quick pic.

Usually we are hammock camping in Gatlinburg, but we were there with family for my dad't birthday and it was just easier to get a large cabin. But hey, at least we had the jeeps!
Dana 44 with Yukon Chromoly Axles / 2" Rusty's Lift Kit / XRC Front Bumper / 12,000 Pound Badlands Winch / Wilderness G2 Swing Away Bumper and Rack / 17" Gear Alloy Blackjack Wheels / 35" Falken Wildpeak ATs / Xeon Flat Flares
ljrunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 05:59 AM   #985
Jevy
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrunner05 View Post
I've been hammock camping for about 5 years but it's always been with my ENO (Eagles Nest Outfitters) Doublenest. I've got the rainfly and a custom set of webbing and cinches to hang it with. It's a great setup but I've been looking pretty hard at the Clark Jungle Hammocks. Have you camped in an ENO before? Any comparisons?

Usually we are hammock camping in Gatlinburg, but we were there with family for my dad't birthday and it was just easier to get a large cabin. But hey, at least we had the jeeps!
Number 1....I hate you!!!! I love Gatlinburg and usually get to go once a year but no camping. I've never been in an eno but I've been around folks that have them. I've had several hammocks and still have more than I really need. Right now my go to setup is a Butt in a sling Camper XL with their buginator netting. It's a single layer 11' long hammock that is VERY wide at 72". Don't get me wrong I like the Clark and think it'll probably be my go to for colder weather. I plan to try the Clark out when it gets hotter to see how/if I like it for warmer weather. I've read that alot of folks don't like the Clark in hot/humid weather. I'm a cold sleeper so that may mean I can go without an UQ. I guess for now the only thing I can say for certain is it's great in cooler weather and allows a very comfortable laying but the Camper XL is just awesome. Plus they are relatively inexpensive and are easy to re-sell online due to their popularity/demand.

fyi there's a hammock hang on the Natchez Trace next month sponsored by hammock forums. You may want to look into it if you want to try various hammocks out.

Here's a couple pics from this past weekends trip over to the Ozarks in Arkansas. The picture is deceiving. My hammock is actually 1/3 or 1/2 of the way over the water below. I think I had the best campsite in the state of Arkansas this weekend. The rest of the set up is Jacks R Better 3 season quilts, Wilderness Logics 12' tadpole tarp with their mesh snake skins(which are incredible!!!!)

My M416 with Roof Top Tent [URL="http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/84244-Jevy-s-humble-M-416-build-thread"]Build[/URL] Thread
Jevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #986
ljrunner05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Number 1....I hate you!!!! I love Gatlinburg and usually get to go once a year but no camping. I've never been in an eno but I've been around folks that have them. I've had several hammocks and still have more than I really need. Right now my go to setup is a Butt in a sling Camper XL with their buginator netting. It's a single layer 11' long hammock that is VERY wide at 72". Don't get me wrong I like the Clark and think it'll probably be my go to for colder weather. I plan to try the Clark out when it gets hotter to see how/if I like it for warmer weather. I've read that alot of folks don't like the Clark in hot/humid weather. I'm a cold sleeper so that may mean I can go without an UQ. I guess for now the only thing I can say for certain is it's great in cooler weather and allows a very comfortable laying but the Camper XL is just awesome. Plus they are relatively inexpensive and are easy to re-sell online due to their popularity/demand.

fyi there's a hammock hang on the Natchez Trace next month sponsored by hammock forums. You may want to look into it if you want to try various hammocks out.

Here's a couple pics from this past weekends trip over to the Ozarks in Arkansas. The picture is deceiving. My hammock is actually 1/3 or 1/2 of the way over the water below. I think I had the best campsite in the state of Arkansas this weekend. The rest of the set up is Jacks R Better 3 season quilts, Wilderness Logics 12' tadpole tarp with their mesh snake skins(which are incredible!!!!)

Gatlinburg is awesome, no doubt about it. I get up there a couple times a year. Luckily my GF is living in Ohio right now, so it's a great place to meet for a long weekend. Let me know next time you go and I may drive up from Chattanooga and meet y'all up there for some wheeling!

That is a bit longer then my doublenest. It's only 9' 4". About the same width tho. It's basically my summer hammock as well, I haven't had the money to get an underquilt. Just adding a thin pad to the bottom and a mummybag really helps. I've been in it down to about 30 degrees and been fine. I've been looking for something that will get me through the cold winter camping and the jungle hammocks just might do it. I need to join hammock forum, I've seen it mentioned but never really taken the time to check it out. I've got a group of 10 of us that hammock camp and rock climb together during the summers and fall, but I'm always up for meeting some new people.

What's the mesh snake skin?
Dana 44 with Yukon Chromoly Axles / 2" Rusty's Lift Kit / XRC Front Bumper / 12,000 Pound Badlands Winch / Wilderness G2 Swing Away Bumper and Rack / 17" Gear Alloy Blackjack Wheels / 35" Falken Wildpeak ATs / Xeon Flat Flares
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #987
ljrunner05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I feel like I killed this thread. Quick someone post some pics of camping with jeeps!
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #988
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrunner05 View Post
I feel like I killed this thread. Quick someone post some pics of camping with jeeps!
Got ya covered.
2013-04-16_17-09-51_85.jpg  
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #989
kryder
1983 CJ7 

This was at Lake Richardson on the Rubicon in 88
img_0021.jpg  

Last edited by kryder; 10-31-2013 at 08:38 AM..
kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #990
Machinist
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ol skewl....NICE!!!
Machinist is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.