Camping pics W/Jeep - Page 63 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Camping pics W/Jeep

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #931
vagov
2004 WJ 

vagov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #932
mclovinal
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoojeep View Post
Luxury camping

That's pretty legit! Did you tow that with that JK? I've seen those bigger military trailers all over the place, but I think they'd be too heavy to pull with a TJ. I'm still hunting a M416.
Unread 03-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #933
wahoojeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclovinal View Post
That's pretty legit! Did you tow that with that JK? I've seen those bigger military trailers all over the place, but I think they'd be too heavy to pull with a TJ. I'm still hunting a M416.
It tows great with my JK. I'm planning on swapping the surge brakes to electric, and that will save a ton of weight. I actually sold my M416 to buy this one. The M416 was fine, but sleeping in the camper with AC and Heat is good for my old body. Another pic...

RCPFA

2005 LJ, 2007 JKU, 1978 J10
wahoojeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 10:08 AM   #934
Awesome
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclovinal View Post
If anything, the four-doors can safely pull even less weight than a TJ can because the four-doors weigh a lot more and the brakes are the same.

You can pull an M101 or an M416 as long as they have brakes, or you don't load them up very full.

Wahoo, did you cut the top off of a truck camper to do that? I like it.
”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #935
wahoojeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
If anything, the four-doors can safely pull even less weight than a TJ can because the four-doors weigh a lot more and the brakes are the same.

You can pull an M101 or an M416 as long as they have brakes, or you don't load them up very full.

Wahoo, did you cut the top off of a truck camper to do that? I like it.
JKU's are actually rated to tow 3500#, TJ's were rated at 2000#. The upgraded tow rating is mostly due to the wheelbase. My JK has upgraded brakes, but I have no trouble stopping even with the surge brakes disabled.

It is a Callen camper top on a M101a2 trailer. A buddy built the top for his trailer, then went a different route. It sleeps two kids, two dogs and me.

RCPFA

2005 LJ, 2007 JKU, 1978 J10
wahoojeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #936
lanky14TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm so ready to get the new TJ down to camp! Love all the pics
lanky14TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2013, 02:07 AM   #937
Punisher8738
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Lake Arrowhead State Park. Had a great time taking my fiancé and her 7/9 year old niece and sister on their first camping trip.
image-4273348897.jpg   image-2605653811.jpg  
Punisher8738 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #938
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Camping with the Jk and new trailer.
2013-03-30_08-30-17_7.jpg   2013-03-29_11-07-37_153.jpg  
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 09:53 PM   #939
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

^ very nice combo!
TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 12:55 AM   #940
Awesome
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Did you put a lift and a frame underneath that tent trailer, or did it come that way?
”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany
Unread 04-03-2013, 05:32 AM   #941
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
Did you put a lift and a frame underneath that tent trailer, or did it come that way?
Bought it that way. I'm putting air bags on the jeep to level it out.
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #942
Awesome
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fueljunkie View Post
Bought it that way. I'm putting air bags on the jeep to level it out.
That's cool. I didn't know they made the smaller ones that tall with frames underneath.

Also, you may want to reconsider air bags. A load-leveling hitch will work just as well, and won't add anything to your Jeep that will get damaged off-road.
Unread 04-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #943
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG811 View Post
Home made my friend ...
Took months and every time I post a picture someone asks to see more ... That and there is always a joke about chucking a wheelie !!
The swing away brackets are just square. The wheels bolt onto spacers (like what you'd bolt onto your tailgate to space the rear tire out further.
So the point is I can run with one spare and two jerry's or four jerry's and or two spares.
The locking points have since been adjusted and makes NO NOISE at all. Compared to my mates TJ with a ARB rear swing away mine is SILENT.
I leave the spares on cause it's the only one I've ever seen ...
That's an awesome build!

Tell your mate to try adjusting things on his ARB rear swing away. Mine is totally silent - no wobbles - no shakes - no squeaks and no rattles. Something isn't set right if he's having headaches.

Love my ARB but will be doing extensive modifications to make it work with the Brute kit... only one spare though... will be making a trailer out of the old bodywork so that will have a second and third spare mounted front and rear (balance )
Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #944
sluff28
2001 XJ Cherokee 

sluff28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #945
SSZLN
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher8738 View Post
Lake Arrowhead State Park. Had a great time taking my fiancé and her 7/9 year old niece and sister on their first camping trip.
Nice Trailer!
SSZLN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.