Camping pics W/Jeep - Page 52 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Camping pics W/Jeep

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #766
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDaveX View Post
[IMG] Packed up and ready to go home. I hate this part.

How about some more info on your class c rv. Been thinking alot about getting a class c to haul the Jeep around to the offroad parks. How well does it handle towing your TJ? What brand and how long is your car hauler?

midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 12:55 AM   #767
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
How about some more info on your class c rv. Been thinking alot about getting a class c to haul the Jeep around to the offroad parks. How well does it handle towing your TJ? What brand and how long is your car hauler?
It's an '06 we bought in Feb of '07. It is a 26' Four Winds 5000 with the Triton V10. It has one big slide out.

I bought this one because it is the smallest class C that FW made with the E-450 chassis. It has the same chassis as the 30 footers, but without the long rear overhang. I figured it would gain me a little more as far as towing and packing stuff in it. The next smaller one is only on the E-350 chassis.

It tows the Jeep just fine. The trailer is a 18' dovetail.
I have not had any major problems with it at all. We like it.

TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 06:57 AM   #768
PGHCHAMP
2008 JK Wrangler 

http://swpaoffroaders.spruz.com/
PGHCHAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #769
Awesome
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It's an '06 we bought in Feb of '07. It is a 26' Four Winds 5000 with the Triton V10. It has one big slide out.

I bought this one because it is the smallest class C that FW made with the E-450 chassis. It has the same chassis as the 30 footers, but without the long rear overhang. I figured it would gain me a little more as far as towing and packing stuff in it. The next smaller one is only on the E-350 chassis.

I'll just add: my parents had the 30 footer with the E-450 and the Triton V-10. We hauled a Durango around the mountains with it just fine. Gas mileage was non-existent, but it worked. We flat-towed though. I am curious, why would you use a trailer for a Jeep? It adds weight.
”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #770
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks for the info. How are the MPG when you are towing the Jeep? Its a nice looking RV. We are looking at RV in the 26' to 28' range.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #771
jeepinhokie
built not bought

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcall View Post
Nice looking dog Please don't make him ride in the Trasharoo

BTW do you have any idea if one of these would work on a WJ with no rear tire on the back. I'm wondering how long the straps are . I figure it could be rigged to the roof rails on even carried on top I guess.
I watched a video of a guy with a trasharoo on his tire. he slid backwards while on a fairly steep climb. tire hit a rock, crushing a glass bottle in the trasharoo; the bottle then slices all the way into his spare tire.

certaintly a fluke, but it happened once, itll happen again.

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #772
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Unread 07-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #773
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie

I watched a video of a guy with a trasharoo on his tire. he slid backwards while on a fairly steep climb. tire hit a rock, crushing a glass bottle in the trasharoo; the bottle then slices all the way into his spare tire.

certaintly a fluke, but it happened once, itll happen again.
Tip of the day, don't bring glass bottles with you!
Unread 07-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #774
marcall
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69 View Post
Tip of the day, don't bring glass bottles with you!
I always go cans.
marcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 09:50 AM   #775
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
We flat-towed though. I am curious, why would you use a trailer for a Jeep? It adds weight.
I flat towed for years before I finally bought a trailer. Why I trailer?

1. Any major breakage I can still get it home.
2. Trailer tires are much cheaper than 35" MT's
3. The trailer comes in handy for a whole bunch of other stuff at home.
4. The wife says it makes a great dry patio if it rains while camping.
TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 10:29 AM   #776
Awesome
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I flat towed for years before I finally bought a trailer. Why I trailer?

1. Any major breakage I can still get it home.
2. Trailer tires are much cheaper than 35" MT's
3. The trailer comes in handy for a whole bunch of other stuff at home.
4. The wife says it makes a great dry patio if it rains while camping.
That makes sense. We weren't towing an off-road vehicle. I mean, it was, but we didn't use it for that.

Anyways, latest camping pic with the Jeep: (no pics of the campground that include the jeep though)

”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany
Unread 07-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #777
jawalterusmc
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
I'll just add: my parents had the 30 footer with the E-450 and the Triton V-10. We hauled a Durango around the mountains with it just fine. Gas mileage was non-existent, but it worked. We flat-towed though. I am curious, why would you use a trailer for a Jeep? It adds weight.
I have a 99 Fourwinds 22ft on E350 and V10 and tow my jeep on a 16ft dove tail with electric brakes. The two most important reasons I tow is (1) save on the odometer on the Jeep (and trailer tires are cheaper than my BFG's), and (2) I can "always" get my Jeep home if I break something that cannot be fixed on the trail....accidents happen. We can also tow my Explorer on it if we are not going off roading and the wife wants a nicer ride once we arrive at our destination. I just don't like racking up the mileage. Gas mileage difference is miniscule at best when you are talking about a motorhome. The peace of mind is worth it to me. I only go camping/off roading once a month and usually keep to the SE...Georgia, Tenn, Ala, NC, etc. Take it when we visit family during large family gatherings and there is insufficient space for everyone to sleep.....gives me an opportunity to escape the chaos (in laws)
Unread 07-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #778
dooboy2112
2000 WJ 

Ocotillio Wells

dooboy2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 11:37 PM   #779
MCObray

Unread 08-02-2012, 12:00 AM   #780
Awesome
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCObray View Post
*snipped*
Man, those tents are so cool. I wish I had a rack so I could get one.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.