Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Calling all Camo Jeeps!

71K views 87 replies 62 participants last post by  Gcraig 
#1 ·
im going to be painting my jeep camo and i would like to see what everyone else has done so that i can collect ideas and figure out exactly what im gonna do.... here isthe jeep as she is now

See less See more
#63 ·
Yes and no. To be honest, this camo had never been wrapped on a vehicle before that I could find. When I spoke to the guys at MetroRestyling about it, I was under the impression that the pattern was larger. After I got it, I can't say I was completely happy. I've got GenRight armor, flares, and fenders that won't get covered as they are Monstalined. I've also got 6" high rocker guards, and a Hyline Offroad hood vent panel going in. By the time I'm done, there won't be a lot of it showing. I'm hoping for a nice contrast between the camo and the black of everything else. We'll see...

#64 ·
craigbru said:
Yes and no. To be honest, this camo had never been wrapped on a vehicle before that I could find. When I spoke to the guys at MetroRestyling about it, I was under the impression that the pattern was larger. After I got it, I can't say I was completely happy. I've got GenRight armor, flares, and fenders that won't get covered as they are Monstalined. I've also got 6" high rocker guards, and a Hyline Offroad hood vent panel going in. By the time I'm done, there won't be a lot of it showing. I'm hoping for a nice contrast between the camo and the black of everything else. We'll see...
oh its gunna look sick!

#76 ·
Call it what ya want... snow camo, urban camo, etc..... I love the way this camo job came out! Took me 2 separate weekends to get it finished. Base layer was white and I added grey and black. I was trying to find a gray in between the lighter and black but it dried almost black so I gave up on it.

before:

Most recent pic... The grill is next... will be same hammered black as windshield.

Total cost under $100 for materials and rattle cans. It's all flat exterior paint so it'll be easy to touch up when scratched.

#78 ·
i bought it with a black/white color scheme, came home from iraq with a ton of new parts and painted it urban camo. spray paint tends to fade out and chip off, so when my soft top ripped (thanks to the garage door) i got a "new" hard top and took vacation from work to see if i could pull off my current "multicam" paint scheme. i think it turned out pretty damn good. those hard top upper doors are not cheap though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.