Black Rubicon with flat black Rubicon decals - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Black Rubicon with flat black Rubicon decals

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-12-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
MoparToYou
2014 JK Wrangler 

Black Rubicon with flat black Rubicon decals

Has anyone done this? I'm looking for something real subtle, like flat black Rubicon decals on a black Rubicon. If you've done it lets see what it looks like,

Unread 06-12-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparToYou View Post
Has anyone done this? I'm looking for something real subtle, like flat black Rubicon decals on a black Rubicon. If you've done it lets see what it looks like,
you know, I was just thinking about this the other day, about taking a black marker to my rubicon decals. I'm not a huge fan of stickers, but I kinda like the Rubicon stickers. maybe making them black (on a black jeep) would make them nice and subtle If I have some time, I may do this some day.
Unread 06-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
SkyHigh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
you know, I was just thinking about this the other day, about taking a black marker to my rubicon decals. I'm not a huge fan of stickers, but I kinda like the Rubicon stickers. maybe making them black (on a black jeep) would make them nice and subtle If I have some time, I may do this some day.
I thought about this several years ago...kind of give them the ghosted look.

Why wouldn't you just order the black Rubicon and Jeep decals that come on a white Rubi? Marker is going to look terrible.

I planned to order the silver ones that come on the black rubis to put on my Silver 03...but never did before I sold it.
Unread 06-12-2010, 07:58 PM   #4
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHigh View Post
I thought about this several years ago...kind of give them the ghosted look.

Why wouldn't you just order the black Rubicon and Jeep decals that come on a white Rubi? Marker is going to look terrible.

I planned to order the silver ones that come on the black rubis to put on my Silver 03...but never did before I sold it.
would the marker look terrible? One pass might be uneven, but several passes would probably work. Idonno, I was just gonna give it a shot, knowing that it would probably eventually fade. I suppose if it does look bad, I could just remove them and get black decals
Unread 06-12-2010, 09:29 PM   #5
MoparToYou
2014 JK Wrangler 

Saw this on another forum. A Rubicon decal like this might be more subtle. This looks nice, but I'd like to see the whole Jeep instead of just a close up of the hood.

Unread 06-13-2010, 07:01 AM   #6
Diablosjeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I saw one of the new Challengers that was black with flat black stripes at the stealership, and it look amazing!! So I would have to think on a black Jeep it would have the same effect.
RED Jeep Club Member #666
Diablosjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2010, 08:28 AM   #7
ccolley68
1997 TJ Wrangler 

We have a 2010 Challenger R/T, black, with the flat black stripes and the classic package with the old school rims and decals in old 70's style cursive. It looks amazing. You have to catch the light just right to see them. It would be the same for the Rubicon logos and IMO would look incredible.

Just my 2 cents, but that shadowed 'Unlimited' decal posted above is terrible. It looks like something that should be on an 89 YJ (no offense YJ guys). Go with the flat black, no shadowing, no outline, no border, no color, no nothing, and you have to look at it just right and not everyone will see it, and it will be really awesome.
ccolley68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2010, 11:56 AM   #8
austinaubinoe
2000 XJ Cherokee 

^^ my neighbors challenger has the same paint scheme. Dodge really did a good job on the challenger, but I heard the interior could use some improvements. The taillights on those things are just to nice.
austinaubinoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2010, 12:53 PM   #9
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbuck View Post
would the marker look terrible? One pass might be uneven, but several passes would probably work. Idonno, I was just gonna give it a shot, knowing that it would probably eventually fade. I suppose if it does look bad, I could just remove them and get black decals
Black markers generally have a purplish color to them, especially when on a true black backround.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #10
MoparToYou
2014 JK Wrangler 

If I do this I'll have to take the Wrangler decal off, and remove the Trail Rated badge, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I think it would look better debadged with a flat black Rubicon decal.
Unread 06-13-2010, 03:06 PM   #11
97TJosh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I don't have a Rubicon but the Jeep decal is flat black. It matches my fender flares, soft top, and every other thing I painted black. You can see it in this picture.

I love CODMW2
97TJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #12
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

a little update. I pulled off all my stickers a while ago, and just ordered a set of replacement Rubicon stickers, but instead of white I ordered them in black.

Not sure if they are matte black, or if they have a crisp shine to them. Hopefully they are matte black. I'll take a photo of it when they arrive and I get them on.
Unread 08-26-2010, 11:52 AM   #13
CsKWarEd
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TJosh View Post
I don't have a Rubicon but the Jeep decal is flat black. It matches my fender flares, soft top, and every other thing I painted black. You can see it in this picture.
Similar idea with mine... I love the subtle sticker.

Unread 08-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #14
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Did the same thing with the flat black look.
dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2010, 06:22 PM   #15
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got them on (a week ago), they are quite shiney, so they are actually quite difficult to see! I was hoping they would be a matte finish and a little easier to see. I imagine once the jeep gets dirty and washed a few times, or when the sun fades it a little bit it'll stand out a bit more.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.