Bestop Half Top - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Bestop Half Top

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #16
bolski
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Are you able to ride with the seats all the way back? Seems to me like you'd have to skootch them forward a little.

Unread 08-09-2010, 01:32 PM   #17
Sgt_Utz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarwall View Post
i dont know, i have the soft top version using my factory surrounds i havent seen the other surrounds you are talking about, but i feel like mine fit well, i am thinking of selling mine, its hard for me to use it with a growing family, and I only have a fiance and a new puppy hah.
The poster above has the version I'm talking about. If you look at the instructions on the "hardtop" version, the door surrounds are just a bent bar, and you have to bolt a bracket that connects to only the bottom of the roll cage instead of both sides like the factory surrounds. There is also another bracket that is bolted to the surround, and the other end bolted to the tub... The "softop" version tells you to wrap it around the surrounds just like the factory softtop. Why would they even design such a poor product when the factory door surrounds work just fine?

See where the top meets the door? Such a poor fit and poor quality! I hear nothing but leaks and that you have to slam your door with this version.
Picture
Sgt_Utz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #18
kbarwall
1985 CJ7 

oh, gotcha, yea mine fits a lot better than that, you can see by my pics, as far as the seats, you can have them all the way back no problem, thats how i drive.
kbarwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #19
Nyteryder3
2005 TJ Wrangler 

does anyone have any pics or know of anyone running the halftop without the rear roll cage? I know this is potentially dangerous but just trying to get an idea if it's something I wanna do
Nyteryder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #20
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Tags
bestop

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.