Anyone have photos of a JK with 20" wheels? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Anyone have photos of a JK with 20" wheels?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-07-2007, 01:10 PM   #61
_Yeti_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Ok I'm not tech savy enough to imbed the pics myself and hopefully I won't get in trouble for including a link to another site (if it's not allowed let me know and I'll delete it), but here's what it looks like on 22s.

http://my.project-jk.com/showgallery...500&ppuser=601

Hmm..

10char

Unread 07-07-2007, 02:14 PM   #62
adurbin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
For the same reason most people buy any vehicle, because I liked it best. Jeep, H3, Explorer, etc, etc all are totally unecessary city vehicles, but I like it so I bought it. Techinically it would have made more sense to by a Toyota Prius, but what makes sense and what you like don't always have to be the same do they?

Frankly, all the people who question anyone for buying a Jeep for reasons other than pure offroading, ought to get over yourselves. lol We all buy and enjoy cars for whatever reason we want, I could care less why you bought yours, why do you care why I bought mine? lol

And to further infuriate the purists, forget 20s, my 22's should be in next week.
Ban this imbisel!!!!
Northeast Tennessee Jeep Club Member #1
adurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2007, 05:40 PM   #63
D0ntTr3ad0nM3
1994 YJ Wrangler 

He does bring up a good point, its your vehicle you should do what you want to it.

Same is true for those who decide to put chrome on their Jeeps, or any other mod that although others dont like, looks good to them.

If someone wants to make their Jeep more like the Hummer offspring it resembles, go ahead. Its not my money or my Jeep.

Though OP I must say I'd hope you arent taking the Jeep off-roading with those things. I would hate to see a pair of Dubs scratched up on a rock.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
D0ntTr3ad0nM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2007, 10:58 PM   #64
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adurbin
Ban this imbisel!!!!
It's rather ironic that someone calling someone else an imbecile spells it wrong. lol Thanks for adding so much to the thread. I certainly respect anyone elses opinion, even if they think it looks terrible, to each their own, but your response was sophmoric, lame and completely unoriginal. Two Try harder next time genius.
SaharaBlackNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 08:35 AM   #65
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

while i dont care for the way your jeep now looks just because its not my style and i pray that the next thing you put on it isnt a tin can ricer muffler, it dosnt look bad at all, its just extreeeemly different.

good luck with your jeep, maybe you can prove us wrong here and put 37's on it, it might look really good (to us)

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 10:06 AM   #66
NorCalTim
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Scout
NOT mine

Pardon me while I purge to get rid of this nausea
Unread 07-08-2007, 10:09 AM   #67
NorCalTim
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6
i pray that the next thing you put on it isnt a tin can ricer muffler
I affectionately refer to those as "Fart Cans". Nothing like pulling up next to those little cars at the stop light in my Honda Odyssey, giving them a nod, and then smoking them (with a full family in the van.) Funny though, they always pull off before the next light.
Unread 07-08-2007, 12:38 PM   #68
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

lol I'm not a big fan of imports, my other toy is a 73 camaro, and I'd never dream of putting a ricer muffler on either. So at least there I think we all agree.
Unread 07-08-2007, 02:43 PM   #69
ncjeepinyj

Quote:
For the same reason most people buy any vehicle, because I liked it best. Jeep, H3, Explorer, etc, etc all are totally unecessary city vehicles, but I like it so I bought it. Techinically it would have made more sense to by a Toyota Prius, but what makes sense and what you like don't always have to be the same do they?

Frankly, all the people who question anyone for buying a Jeep for reasons other than pure offroading, ought to get over yourselves. lol We all buy and enjoy cars for whatever reason we want, I could care less why you bought yours, why do you care why I bought mine? lol

And to further infuriate the purists, forget 20s, my 22's should be in next week.
OK, no one else has said it yet so i will. This guy is obvoiusly just a troll trying to get under everyones skin, lol and doing a good job of it.
Unread 07-08-2007, 04:21 PM   #70
drew and not u
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncjeepinyj
OK, no one else has said it yet so i will. This guy is obvoiusly just a troll trying to get under everyones skin, lol and doing a good job of it.
Or maybe he's got a perfectly valid point and conveyed it in an unoffensive manner. I would never in 1000 years put anything chrome near my jeep, but why should I care if someone else does. I'm also all about flaming something for doing something legitimately stupid (eg. working under a vehicle with no jack-stands), but last time I checked, freedom included the right to poor taste.
drew and not u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 05:24 PM   #71
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncjeepinyj
No, I'm not a troll, it'd be rather foolish to spend nearly 40k on something just to get under everyone's skin don't ya think? lol I simply like a different style than most of board. So, while I respect everyone's right to give their opinion on the jeep (notice I haven't complained about people hating it), when someone expresses an opinion that is more a swipe at me, than at the jeep, I'll comment. My only point in the post you quoted was, that I'll buy whatever I want, regardless of someone not liking it. Being told I shouldn't have bought it for this reason or that simply because my taste is different than what most people like is rather ridiculous. I definitely wasn't trying to get under everyone's skin, and I definitely don't think I've been rude to anyone. And aside from 2 people no one's been rude to me in this thread, even though most expressed a dislike for what I did and said so.
Unread 07-08-2007, 09:35 PM   #72
Chris_Hearn
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalTim
I affectionately refer to those as "Fart Cans". Nothing like pulling up next to those little cars at the stop light in my Honda Odyssey, giving them a nod, and then smoking them (with a full family in the van.) Funny though, they always pull off before the next light.
thats really something to be proud of street racing with your family in the car. what a great parent you must be
2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0L, 5 spd, AEM Brute Force Intake, MangnaFlow Cat-Back exhaust, 4" pro-comp lift, 16X8 AEV wheels, 305/70 MT BAJA CLAWS, 4 KC hilighters, off road bumpers, nerf bars, eclipse avn 7000 dvd/nav. polk speakers,cb radio and PA system, warn 9500ti winch, seat covers, jks quicker disconnects, door guards, new rocker guards, and clear corners, lockers and new steering is in the mail, tub is linex'ed

03 Sonic Blue Cobra
Chris_Hearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 12:44 AM   #73
red7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Hearn
thats really something to be proud of street racing with your family in the car. what a great parent you must be
Dude, he's talking about an Odyssey mini van I seriously doubt he's doing 1/4 mile runs while his kids are watching the backyardigans on the DVD player.

Saharablack-I'm impressed that you've kept such a good attitude through all the comments. Though my tastes are different, if I were getting slammed after dropping a few grand I'd be very defensive but you've taken it well. Enjoy your ride!
red7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 05:15 AM   #74
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by red7
Dude, he's talking about an Odyssey mini van I seriously doubt he's doing 1/4 mile runs while his kids are watching the backyardigans on the DVD player.

Saharablack-I'm impressed that you've kept such a good attitude through all the comments. Though my tastes are different, if I were getting slammed after dropping a few grand I'd be very defensive but you've taken it well. Enjoy your ride!
Hey, I just figure we've all got different tastes. Ya can't please all of the people all of the time right? lol And while most here seem to dislike what I did and express it, with a few exceptions nobody's actually personally attacked me, so I say flame on. I love how it looks and that's really all that matters. Plus I knew what was coming when I put up the pics, but they were relevant to the thread and I'm not one to discourage people voicing their opinion's, even if they're negative, so long as they're not making ignorant personal attacks.
Unread 07-09-2007, 06:39 AM   #75
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Hearn
i really wouldent consider doing anything in a Honda mini-van street racing...

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.