Anyone have photos of a JK with 20" wheels? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > Anyone have photos of a JK with 20" wheels?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 06-27-2007, 09:02 PM   #46
freedom5
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If the 20's were on 55's it would good.

freedom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2007, 10:33 PM   #47
98tjsahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadTJ
what if the 20" rims were painted black, or black steelies?
20" steelies do not exist for jeeps. At least not that i know of.
Unread 06-27-2007, 11:02 PM   #48
red7

I think there is merit to the 2:1 ratio (Tire diameter:wheel size). I've seen 20's wrapped in 40"+ tires and it looked fine just as 16-17's look fine with 35's. 18's with 35's start to look a little out of place on Jeeps which is why mine will immediately come off my Sahara once it comes in.
red7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2007, 05:43 AM   #49
1BadTJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TjSahara
20" steelies do not exist for jeeps. At least not that i know of.

thats why i started the sentence with "what if"
Unread 06-28-2007, 02:34 PM   #50
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
lol Ok I just bought a JK and while I could handle the ribbing or all out disdain for my Jeep if I put big rims on it, I was and am seriously considering putting 22s on it, but if it would in ANY way shape or form resemble that Sahara that had it's pic posted, I would be mortified. I'm not going to take it off road, I live in the city and well offroading just isn't my thing, but I had been considering black 22s with 285 50 22 Terra Grapplers.

Now, can anyone show a pic of a vehicle with 22s on them or could anyone tell me just how short the sidewall is on a 50 series tire? I really don't want to go really low profile and sacrifice the ride quality, nor do I want to have any fitment issues (rubbing, etc).

Then why in the world did you buy a jeep? Especially a wrangler? if you wanted an suv to put rims on why not something like a Ford Exploder? or an H3?
Unread 06-28-2007, 02:45 PM   #51
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's
Then why in the world did you buy a jeep? Especially a wrangler? if you wanted an suv to put rims on why not something like a Ford Exploder? or an H3?
For the same reason most people buy any vehicle, because I liked it best. Jeep, H3, Explorer, etc, etc all are totally unecessary city vehicles, but I like it so I bought it. Techinically it would have made more sense to by a Toyota Prius, but what makes sense and what you like don't always have to be the same do they?

Frankly, all the people who question anyone for buying a Jeep for reasons other than pure offroading, ought to get over yourselves. lol We all buy and enjoy cars for whatever reason we want, I could care less why you bought yours, why do you care why I bought mine? lol

And to further infuriate the purists, forget 20s, my 22's should be in next week.
SaharaBlackNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2007, 05:31 PM   #52
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
For the same reason most people buy any vehicle, because I liked it best. Jeep, H3, Explorer, etc, etc all are totally unecessary city vehicles, but I like it so I bought it. Techinically it would have made more sense to by a Toyota Prius, but what makes sense and what you like don't always have to be the same do they?

Frankly, all the people who question anyone for buying a Jeep for reasons other than pure offroading, ought to get over yourselves. lol We all buy and enjoy cars for whatever reason we want, I could care less why you bought yours, why do you care why I bought mine? lol

And to further infuriate the purists, forget 20s, my 22's should be in next week.
Well, while I don't think a little chrome is bad, stick with moderation. The only vehicles where low profile tires look good are on sports cars.

You don't put blinging wheels on jeeps or other SUVs for the same reason you wouldn't put a bumper mounted tire carrier on a corvette. It just doesn't look good, whether you're a fellower jeeper or not, you'll get from everyone.

I won't bash you for any mods you make. At least something all of us share in common is we like to build up our vehicles, not stay stock like everyone else. That, at least we share in common. And I'll give you credit for that.

Post up a pic when you get them mounted. Not sure how the handling will turn out, but I'm interested to know, since I've never driven a vehicle with 'super-low profile tires'. Make it a tech post or something.
These are my tire/wheel combo, and I like it. It works for me. Do what works for you.

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2007, 05:41 PM   #53
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadTJ

this ones not bad, i saw it around town before i saw it on the forum, its very intimidating with the 4" lift and 20's.
agreed. This is as big as wheels should ever get on a tire that size. That doesn't look bad, IMO.

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2007, 07:05 PM   #54
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'll definitely put up a pic when it's all said and done. I'm up for a bit of ribbing. In the end whatever we do to our Jeeps should make us happy, not everyone else. I'm hoping it won't look retarded, but boy if it does that's 3k worth of shortbus I'll be driving on. lol And I did go slightly less ghetto and order the rims black not chrome. The Terra Grapplers that'll go on the rims shouldn't be too low profile though, but since nobody else that I could find had the same tire/rim size I guess I'm flying a bit blind and I might be eating some crow in a couple weeks.

Oh and I tend to be sarcastic a bit, and usually say things with a bit of humor, but I tried not to include too many lol's for emphasis, because I was told by a friend I used them way too often. In general I couldn't be happier about discovering this and the JK forum. Great resources.
Unread 06-29-2007, 06:01 AM   #55
Grimscale
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman9089
You don't put blinging wheels on jeeps or other SUVs for the same reason you wouldn't put a bumper mounted tire carrier on a corvette.

You would if your corvette looked like this.

http://chicago.backpage.com/automoti...e=oid%3A528188
Grimscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2007, 07:48 AM   #56
360wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by afguy
Only thing missing is the hood scoop thing that makes it looke like an H3.

may be he wants to be able to do a brake job with out taking the wheels off
[URL="http://www.fullcircle4x4.com/"]full circle 4x4 610-970-9977[/URL]
360wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2007, 07:51 AM   #57
360wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Scout
NOT mine

this is the guy i was taking about
[URL="http://www.fullcircle4x4.com/"]full circle 4x4 610-970-9977[/URL]
360wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2007, 04:45 PM   #58
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360wrangler
this is the guy i was taking about
Ok if mine looks anything like this when the wheels and tires are put on I'll eat the 3k and go back to stock. lol

That's just a bit too low profile and too big a rim even for me. Now if someone goes and tells me those are 22s I'm going to have a heart attack. I'm pretty sure that's the "Dub" wrangler and they're closer to 30s. Please, please, please be closer to 30s. lol
Unread 06-30-2007, 11:00 PM   #59
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

a short story about my search for new rims for my 2007 FJ(yes i know, i still own my jeep)it came stock with 17s, i wanted to go to 15 or 16s, did a couple of test fits, neither cleared my brake calipers.so i stuck with 17s, also went with steel chrome, very strong functional and not very bling. here are 2 pics, one of my FJ, the other of both my TJ, and FJ after some serious wheeling that day

Unread 07-07-2007, 11:58 AM   #60
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Ok I'm not tech savy enough to imbed the pics myself and hopefully I won't get in trouble for including a link to another site (if it's not allowed let me know and I'll delete it), but here's what it looks like on 22s.

http://my.project-jk.com/showgallery...500&ppuser=601

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.