I did it myself with the help of my father-in-law. I did all of the prep, diamond plate, mechanical and electrical work and he sprayed the paint. We used a 2 part urethane primer and final paint so it would have good UV protection and durability. I used POR first as a basecoat under the urethane primer. For the top, we used a 2 part urethane paint for fiberglass and I used a 3M product for the fender flares (flexibility). I still need to make some side steps so I can bang the snow off my boots in the Winter.
I never thought black headlight rings but I agree with you. I will need to find a pair and put those on. The "carpet" is actually Bedrug truck bed liner; they recently came out with a Jeep kit and it fits perfectly. It took me maybe 2 hours to install front, back and cargo. I prepped the pan first removing any surface rust, applied POR, then a primer and a flat black final coat so when you sit in the Jeep, the inside rocker panels and footwells are flat black.
Not readily available as we used several different paints (my father-in-law is retired scientist/chemist) that use to work for 3M. Except for the fender flare paint, we used 2 part urethane. We added a flattening agent to custom make the desert storm tan. The gray primer was something he had left over from restoring his 1952 Power Wagon. I do have the can for the satin black. The paint code on that is HRF296 which is a Hot Rad Flatz urethane chassis satin black that we used on the top, bumpers windshield wiper arms, etc. I used a 3M product for the fender flares (rattle can) made by Bondo specifically for bumpers. I will see how that holds up over time but all indications are good so far.