All LCOG JEEPS - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > All LCOG JEEPS

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 11-11-2009, 10:17 AM   #31
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZScooby View Post
REDLYNER, how do you like those Pitbulls?? How are they on the road?? I've been seriously considering them.
They are unreal off-road! They stick to rocks like glue, even when wet. They clear mud out instantly as well.

However, they are not all that great if you are daily driving your rig. Mine were too heavy to balance, so they vibrate over 50mph. Since I work from home, it is not that big of a deal.

Oh, they are loud! But jeeps are loud, so the tire hum doesn't bother me.

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #32
AlTheKillerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetha View Post
Did you trim the rear fender/tub area on your Jeep? I'm planning on using RE3.5 coils + 35 inch tires, and I can see my tires rubbing in the back.
i havent trimmed it but i do rub on the back of the well (not much though) and will need to widen it when i get longer control arms
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #33
nsjeep
2006 TJ Wrangler 

With OME HD springs

With OME ZJ/LJ springs and winch up front
nsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 05:32 PM   #34
SgtHatred
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsjeep View Post
With OME HD springs

With OME ZJ/LJ springs and winch up front
sorry no pic but that looks really good man
SgtHatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2009, 07:16 PM   #35
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddis View Post
I figured I might as well join in. PS it's not done yet so no flamming please.
RC 2.5" 1.25" BL and Trimmed flares on 35" MTZ's
Side view
No flaming here! The only criticism I have is why such little pictures? It looks really good and I want to see more of it!
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #36
4x4lover
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Great lookin rigs guys..

I cant wait till i get back to start building on my jeep.

Saddis- how much of the flares did you trim off? would you have rubbed if you didnt trim any?
Unread 11-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #37
saddis
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4lover View Post
Great lookin rigs guys..

I cant wait till i get back to start building on my jeep.

Saddis- how much of the flares did you trim off? would you have rubbed if you didnt trim any?
I cut 1.75" off front and back flares and yes I would rub without the trimming. I have not bumpstoped my axles yet so I do rub when flexed out as of right now. I working on the stops this weekend.
Here is some pics of trimmed flares.

Unread 11-12-2009, 05:43 PM   #38
95yj_bstick
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i like the idea of LCOG and i have a 2.5 RC susp lift ready to go in. do you guys think that 33 or 34x9.5's would fit under 2.5 inches of lift?
Unread 11-12-2009, 07:10 PM   #39
Jay-P
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95yj_bstick View Post
i like the idea of LCOG and i have a 2.5 RC susp lift ready to go in. do you guys think that 33 or 34x9.5's would fit under 2.5 inches of lift?
It's a little different for the YJ. You would have to do some trimming and/or install some TJ flares.

Plus you also have to factor in if your going SOA or SUA. SOA would be the way to go with a LCOG build on a YJ.
2.5" springs SOA would net you more then enough room for 35's... But imo, being that high defeats the idea/purpose of a LCOG build. Better off with no lift YJ springs set-up SOA, and trimming.
Unread 11-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #40
95yj_bstick
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-P View Post
It's a little different for the YJ. You would have to do some trimming and/or install some TJ flares.

Plus you also have to factor in if your going SOA or SUA. SOA would be the way to go with a LCOG build on a YJ.
2.5" springs SOA would net you more then enough room for 35's... But imo, being that high defeats the idea/purpose of a LCOG build. Better off with no lift YJ springs set-up SOA, and trimming.
i'm planning on keeping it SUA on account of i'm a senior in HS hopefully going to college next year so SOA is out of the question. would i have to trim just the flares or fenders too? would a 1/2" lift shackel help this?
Unread 11-13-2009, 06:49 AM   #41
AMCya
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hi all..............this is my first post. After lurking for weeks and reviewing all of these LCOG threads, I came up with a lift and tire combo that we are going to install on the wife's LJ. Thanks for all the pics and info!! It's been tremendously helpful!!

I'm not sure that it is totally considered a LCOG (since I'm adding the BL), but here's what I've come up with, 1.25BL (Installing this weekend with MML), 2.5" RC Suspension with 35 X 12.50 MTZ's. I'm planning on having it finished by the end of the year, I will post pics after it is completed.

Steve

Last edited by AMCya; 11-13-2009 at 07:01 AM..
AMCya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #42
4x4lover
2003 TJ Wrangler 

AMCya- yeah make sure you post up some pics, im very interested.
I cant decide if i want to go LA or just keep it small and simple and go low and tube fenders

Thanks for the post and info guys
Unread 11-13-2009, 01:46 PM   #43
Jay-P
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i'm planning on keeping it SUA on account of i'm a senior in HS hopefully going to college next year so SOA is out of the question. would i have to trim just the flares or fenders too? would a 1/2" lift shackel help this?
Fender trimming would be a must to fit big tires. The lift shackel would help yes.
Unread 11-13-2009, 05:30 PM   #44
TJ-xtreme
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
just do the tj flare conversion and be done with it, with your 2.5" lift and some TJ flares you should have plenty of room for 35's. I would also recomend the 1/2" lift shacles, but in the front only. staying SUA is a good idea, your suspension will be more stable and this keep axle wrap under control....

hope this helps and good luck....
2001 TJ Sport w/ D44, 2.5" Susp. lift,1" BL w/ MML, 35x12.50 BFG KM2's on 15x8 Soft 8's, Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper and Rocker Guards, S/B SRC Rear Bumper, Xenon 4" Flat Flares, JKS Disconnects, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, OBA System, Optima Blue Top, Hella Lighting. More on the way... ;}
JEEP= Just+Empty+Every+Pocket.....
EAT-SLEEP-JEEP OlllllllO TJ-XTREME
TJ-xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 06:45 PM   #45
Jay-P
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ-xtreme View Post
just do the tj flare conversion and be done with it, with your 2.5" lift and some TJ flares you should have plenty of room for 35's. I would also recomend the 1/2" lift shacles, but in the front only. staying SUA is a good idea, your suspension will be more stable and this keep axle wrap under control....

hope this helps and good luck....

35's are not going to fit with just a 2.5" lift and TJ flares on a YJ. Well they would fit but you would not have much room for flexing. And staying SUA leaves too much hanging under the axles imo.
Jay-P is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.