All Jeeps w/ MCE Flat fenders - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > All Jeeps w/ MCE Flat fenders

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 10-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #46
NBFarmboy
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Looks Nice with the color match!!!
Great Job
Can't tell from the pics, did you sand the fenders smooth or leave the texture??

"Bullfrog" 88 XJ 4.0, Doorless, 2" lift, 33-10.5 tires, very cut fenders...
NBFarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 11:38 PM   #47
GIJOE1914
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks! Yeah they were sanded smooth then sprayed and drilled for lights
GIJOE1914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #48
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

My yj with 3.5 flares

Sent from my iPhone because I can!
image-1440176055.jpg   image-1036349976.jpg   image-3941266931.jpg  
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #49
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87
My yj with 3.5 flares

Looking good man. Have you decided to go 35s on it.
Unread 10-02-2011, 11:02 PM   #50
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepyj13

Looking good man. Have you decided to go 35s on it.
I am going to next spring I can get a set of 5 maxxis bighorn 35-12.50-15 for 950 at work! I am just waiting till I have my work bonus lol besides that my tires have like 14/32nds thread left and my wife would kill me if I bought them any earlier!

Unread 10-03-2011, 07:32 AM   #51
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

3.5" Gen II

TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:38 AM   #52
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

You want pictures...I gots some pictures....LOL I love these things but wiring issues, football, and beer did not allow me to take the jeep out to play. But here are mmy install and finals...Sorry I cant get them to resize and there are a few so it may take up some room. BTW they are the Gen I's.

I did over drill the pushins so I improvised and used the bolts and plastic flare nuts to mount them to the fenders. I kinda like it a bit better. More industrial look. I did not put the MCE decal on since I only got one but Mike if you don't mind I would like to have a buddy of mine make a set using the same green I have on my hood and windshield decals.
Diverdown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #53
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47cj2a View Post
The white wire on the LEDs is the ground the black is the power. that should get them to light up.

to get them to blink (like a turn signal) you will need resistors and diodes so they act like both a running light and a turn signal. Thats what i do for TJ's i am not too sure on the YJ system though.
I had a nightmare of a time trying to wire mine. I tried using something called magic blinkers for motor cycles to convert from regular to LED and those didn't work.

Everytime we would hook the side marker to the turn and parking light wires they would work as markers but freak the heck out and both flash like hazards when turning left or right and the odo would flash as well. We tried for about 10 hours to get them working correctly. I even had the #26 flasher relay installed the whole time (didn't know that when I replaced it 6 years ago I had gotten that one).

We finally wired them so the front lights are turn signals and the sides are markers.

Mike, who's Red Jeep is that in your pictures? I would like to know how they wired their 3/4 LEDs to get them to work right.
Unread 10-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #54
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Finished the install and turn signals this weekend.
image-1327733778.jpg   image-3429325020.jpg   image-1926748520.jpg   image-4060608120.jpg  
Unread 10-03-2011, 10:42 AM   #55
WAC_Jeeper

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great guys thanks for the pics and the orders!

Zac - What trail is that at Walker Valley? It has been years since I have been up there.

Dave - Where did you go Jeeping, looks like Naches?

Chris (Diverdown) - Of course it is ok to make some stickers with the matching green. I've thought about offering the MCE stickers in other colors as well in the future. If you do get the matching green, I'd be interested to see how they look on your Jeep. Also, if you need more of the standard b&w MCE stickers I can send them to you. Thanks. Also, sorry about the wiring. That red Jeep belongs to 47cj2a on this board, but he is working out of the country for a few more weeks so he might be slow to reply to any questions, just FYI. However, I know how he wire them up:

On the 3 wires heading to the front facing parking/turn light, find the one which supplies power for the parking light function, and then the one which supplies power for the blinker. Splice a length of wire into both of these wires to head up to the LED's. The parking light wire needs to have a 560 Ohm resistor installed/soldered in, as well as a rectifier diode. The blinker wire needs just a rectifier diode. Then, connect/solder the blinker and parking light wires together to make a single positive wire to go to the positive side of the LED. Run a ground wire from the LED ground to the ground wire on the Jeep. (If running 2 LED's per side, after this is set up for 1 LED on a given side of the Jeep is made, another set of + and - wires can be spliced to go to the other LED on the same side)

What this basically does is convert the 2-wire (single function) LED into a 3-wire (dual function). The resistor on the parking light wire will make the LED come on to about 1/2 - 2/3 or so intensity for the parking light function. This is still more than bright enough, they can be easily seen in the daylight still. Then, when the blinker is turned on, the LED will flash to full intensity (if the parking lights are on, it will blink from ~2/3 intensity to full intensity, back to ~2/3 intensity, and so on.) Adding the rectifier diodes BEFORE the parking and blinker wires are joined together will allow electricity to flow in ONLY 1 direction, wich will prevent backfeeding. (Backfeeding is what was causing your odometer to change intensities when flashing) Parts for making these wiring modifications are about $5 or less, but unfortunately it is something that has to be done to make the little LEDs function both as a parking light and turn signal.

Here is a good write up I found, which has part numbers and everything. This gentleman made his into a small circuit board, but you can also do this via in-line wiring.

Hope this helps explain things, let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Mike

97 TJ, MCE fenders and flares, heavily used and reliable on 35's.

MCE, LLC

Patented Off-Road Plastic "FLEXIBLE FENDER" - made in the USA - A Modern Twist on a Classic Icon

www.flexiblefenders.com

***LIKE us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bothel...547844?ref=sgm***
WAC_Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 10:58 AM   #56
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

It was on humps and bumps (the end that is by the v notch) we ran five different trails that saterday!

Unread 10-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #57
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Mike for the info on the wiring.

Brad had sent me a link for magicblinkers which look like a CMOS battery with 3 wires for the harness pigtail and 1 wire for the lights. From what their instructions said you use the common ground from the harness for the led's and the single wire for the hot to them. But they didnt work. I blew 6 fuses for the parking lights and 1 for the flashers.

So needless to say I gave up and wired them up so the fronts flash and the sides mark.

Oh and definately count on pictures of your decals in the green when I get them. I think I will use the single one for the back window on my jammer. Gotta advertise a killer product!
Unread 10-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #58
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAC_Jeeper View Post
Looks great guys thanks for the pics and the orders!

Dave - Where did you go Jeeping, looks like Naches?

Mike
Yes! Love the Cheeze. Camped at Long Meadow, ran Naches Pass and parts of Kaner.

Had a great time, fenders worked perfect.
TJDaveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #59
Rubiclone1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have them and LOVE them. I get many comments about them, and I love the way they flex and never show it.
2011-06-18_09-15-29_458.jpg  

Member of Tread Lightly
Member of United Four Wheel Drive Assoc.
Member of Blue Ribbon Coalition
Member of NORA
Owner 2005 Jeep TJ AKA "Rubiclone"
Built by Me, Driven by me.
30+ years of off roading adventures
Rubiclone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #60
WAC_Jeeper

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Rubiclone, very nice looking Jeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post
It was on humps and bumps (the end that is by the v notch) we ran five different trails that saterday!

Cool, looks like a fun trail that I can't remember if I ran before. It's been so long since Walker Valley I might need to head up there one of these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverdown87 View Post
Thanks Mike for the info on the wiring.

Brad had sent me a link for magicblinkers which look like a CMOS battery with 3 wires for the harness pigtail and 1 wire for the lights. From what their instructions said you use the common ground from the harness for the led's and the single wire for the hot to them. But they didnt work. I blew 6 fuses for the parking lights and 1 for the flashers.

So needless to say I gave up and wired them up so the fronts flash and the sides mark.

Oh and definately count on pictures of your decals in the green when I get them. I think I will use the single one for the back window on my jammer. Gotta advertise a killer product!
I hear you on the fuses, a while back when we

were experimenting with the wiring, there were several fuses blown and backfed. Luckily the TJ's wiring seems to be very resilient, once the wiring was corrected everything worked normally.

Thanks on the pics, looking forward to them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDaveX View Post
Yes! Love the Cheeze. Camped at Long Meadow, ran Naches Pass and parts of Kaner.

Had a great time, fenders worked perfect.

Sweet, Naches/Manastash is our favorite place to wheel! The scenery, challenge, and weather are all great (well, usually on the weather). Whistlin' Jacks over there is one of my favorite places to stop, many good Jeepin' memories there.

How was Kaner, is it getting slick yet? Did you make it to Ardvark hill?

97 TJ, MCE fenders and flares, heavily used and reliable on 35's.

MCE, LLC

Patented Off-Road Plastic "FLEXIBLE FENDER" - made in the USA - A Modern Twist on a Classic Icon

www.flexiblefenders.com

***LIKE us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bothel...547844?ref=sgm***
WAC_Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.