All HDR pics in here - Page 84 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > All HDR pics in here

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-09-2011, 08:25 AM   #1246
dblplay1212
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Could anyone be so kind to make these HDR? I need the help in selling the gf on why she needs a nice camera for V-day.

dblplay1212 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 02:43 PM   #1247
girlinajeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I love black and white so i decided to make this one.

Unread 02-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #1248
ScottD06X
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblplay1212 View Post
Could anyone be so kind to make these HDR? I need the help in selling the gf on why she needs a nice camera for V-day.

Best i can do with a single photo. Technically, you need 3 or more exposures to get the right effect.

ScottD06X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #1249
sibastiNo
1998 TJ Wrangler 

hurray for HDR!
sibastiNo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 09:57 PM   #1250
dblplay1212
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD06X View Post
Best i can do with a single photo. Technically, you need 3 or more exposures to get the right effect.

HAHA! That's awesome! Thanks so much. So when you say you need 3 pics, are there cameras that will take all 3 at once?
Unread 02-09-2011, 10:16 PM   #1251
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

HDR is best used for scenes that have too much dynamic range for the sensor. Much of what is done with HDR programs is just messing with contrast and such, and is not getting the true use of HDR. Using HDR on that dog for example, really does nothing for the picture. Adjusting tone, color, white balance in Photoshop would probably do more for it.

Some of the "HDR" effects, like the grunge stuff do give photos (that don't actually have a high dynamic range) an interesting look, and like doing it to.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #1252
dblplay1212
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My fiance's sister is a photographer, so I'm going to have her sit down with me and teach me how to do all of this. Those two pics of my pup are awesome. Thanks so much for doing them, guys.
Unread 02-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #1253
jlsalani

2004 TJ Wrangler 

here is a quick shot with only 1 picture

jlsalani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #1254
ScottD06X
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblplay1212 View Post
HAHA! That's awesome! Thanks so much. So when you say you need 3 pics, are there cameras that will take all 3 at once?

Not at exactly the same time, but quickly one right after the other.

I'll probably get corrected by someone who knows more about this, but this is how i understand it

A lot of DSLR cameras will take 3-5 pictures a second with the flash off. Many of them also have a Bracketing setting that lets you set up a range of exposure from underexposed to over exposed (-2 to +2). When set up the camera on a tripod or other really stable surface and capture these multiple shots, you can then take the photos and layer them on top of each other in a program like Photomatix. The reason for the tripod is to ensure the images will align up. The program uses the range of under exposed to over exposed photos to generate the HDR (High Dynamic Range) photo that you cant really get with only 1 photo with a set exposure.
Unread 02-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #1255
ScottD06X
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
HDR is best used for scenes that have too much dynamic range for the sensor. Much of what is done with HDR programs is just messing with contrast and such, and is not getting the true use of HDR. Using HDR on that dog for example, really does nothing for the picture. Adjusting tone, color, white balance in Photoshop would probably do more for it.

Some of the "HDR" effects, like the grunge stuff do give photos (that don't actually have a high dynamic range) an interesting look, and like doing it to.
I really like the detail that you were able to pull out of this photo.
Unread 02-12-2011, 09:05 AM   #1256
jeepdog5
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Photoshop CS5 has a great built-in utility to create HDR effects...Merge to HDR Pro.
jeepdog5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2011, 09:08 AM   #1257
dblplay1212
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not at exactly the same time, but quickly one right after the other.

I'll probably get corrected by someone who knows more about this, but this is how i understand it

A lot of DSLR cameras will take 3-5 pictures a second with the flash off. Many of them also have a Bracketing setting that lets you set up a range of exposure from underexposed to over exposed (-2 to +2). When set up the camera on a tripod or other really stable surface and capture these multiple shots, you can then take the photos and layer them on top of each other in a program like Photomatix. The reason for the tripod is to ensure the images will align up. The program uses the range of under exposed to over exposed photos to generate the HDR (High Dynamic Range) photo that you cant really get with only 1 photo with a set exposure.
Thanks for the explanation.
Unread 02-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #1258
sibastiNo
1998 TJ Wrangler 

for those of you who are really serious about photography, this is a good explanation. might be a little too confusing for someone who isn't experienced with digital photography. High Dynamic Range
sibastiNo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #1259
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I really like the detail that you were able to pull out of this photo.
Just a little photoshop, no HDR stuff.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2011, 09:35 PM   #1260
TDTJ1297
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I know true HDR's require more than one photo but I was just messing around using single photos. I like how I caught the sun light coming down on the first one

TDTJ1297 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.