All HDR pics in here - Page 62 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > All HDR pics in here

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 07-13-2010, 04:04 PM   #916
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerX3 View Post
I see that you and white balance have yet to be acquainted.
Actually the WB looks pretty good in this shot. In what way do you find it to be off?

"Confidence is that feeling you have before you fully understand the situation."
AZJeepNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 05:30 PM   #917
ChargerX3
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJeepNewbie View Post
Actually the WB looks pretty good in this shot. In what way do you find it to be off?
True, that is probably your best shot of the series. The others are quite blue though. Easy fix in PS or LR.
ChargerX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 05:44 PM   #918
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerX3 View Post
True, that is probably your best shot of the series. The others are quite blue though. Easy fix in PS or LR.
Those aren't mine, but I see what you mean about the other ones.

I'm not sure what I posted in this thread, but here are some of mine I hope I didn't post already.

"Confidence is that feeling you have before you fully understand the situation."
Unread 07-13-2010, 07:44 PM   #919
BlueXJ00

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I'm not sure what I posted in this thread, but here are some of mine I hope I didn't post already.

those are all great pictures but what is this a pic of?! they building a bridge or dam or something?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuffers View Post
You forgot the splints for busted fingers and shrink tube for all the frayed wires grounding out inside the door
BlueXJ00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 08:36 PM   #920
HighFive
1981 CJ5 

Quote:

[/IMG]
Holy ****! I'd **** myself driving over that bridge in the jeep!
Unread 07-13-2010, 09:19 PM   #921
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueXJ00 View Post
those are all great pictures but what is this a pic of?! they building a bridge or dam or something?!
Thanks, and yes. That's the new Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge, still under construction. In that photo, the main supporting arch had been just completed after several years of construction. Welders are up there connecting rebar, and that's a trail of welding spark falling into the Colorado River. Total luck that I caught this shot. I was driving on the dam on my way home from Vegas, admiring the view as always, then saw the welding sparks and knew I had to stop. Made a lot of money from that shot.

Here's a couple more.

Amazing feat of engineering, this bypass. HDR is really good for this sort of thing too.

Unread 07-13-2010, 09:38 PM   #922
BlueXJ00

2000 XJ Cherokee 

thats incredible! great pictures and great timeing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuffers View Post
You forgot the splints for busted fingers and shrink tube for all the frayed wires grounding out inside the door
BlueXJ00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 10:39 PM   #923
RockinRedXJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

^^^Awesome photos

rymanrph - Thanks, but its a friends car so I could not tell you.

Today on an old road
RockinRedXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 07:28 PM   #924
Xerxes
1999 TJ Wrangler 

^ that is amazing ^

The sky was awesome 1hr ago so I took pics. Turned this into an HDR. How's it look?

|::Sahara Owner::|
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #925
7goldeneagle9
1979 CJ7 

Just wondering if everybody gets what an hdr picture is? YOU CAN NOT MAKE AN HDR BY PLAYING IN PHOTOSHOP. Now with that said an hdr picture is a group of several pictures taken with different exposures combined to create a picture with an almost surreal look of all the elements in the picture. Examples.......................................... .................................................. ............................................
Picture I did in photoshop. kinda looks like an hdr but IT"S NOT. Just messed with alot

original......

photoshoped HDR FAKE

Real HDR's

The pictures used to make the HDR

I hope this will shead a bit of light on what and HDR is and how its made. Note my pictures have a photomatix water mark on them it's because i have the FREE version you can download off the net. So now you've seen how its done go download the program take a few different exposures with your camera and make your very own.
7goldeneagle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 11:47 PM   #926
Chelsea
The clocks ticking, pops.

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7goldeneagle9 View Post
Just wondering if everybody gets what anhdr picture is? YOU CAN NOT MAKE AN HDR BY PLAYING IN PHOTOSHOP.
I know... hardly any of these are real HDRs

WANTED:
-Jeep Comanche OEM drip rails
Chelsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 02:43 AM   #927
danielbuck
Uncle Buck

2006 TJ Wrangler 

"hdr" is not the correct term here, for what most people are calling these images.

What yall are doing is "tone mapping", or some other sort of similar effect of brightening shadows and darkening highlights with a soft blend radius. Maybe you start out with a multi-exposure HDR (a "real hdr"), maybe you start out with a single exposure. But regardless, the effect yall are doing is "tone mapping" the image, and the ringing and odd contrast and saturations is from the tone mapping, not the multi-exposure aspect of the original image. The purpose of an HDR image holds values brighter (and/or darker) than your screen or print can display (brighter than 255 white, and darker than 0 black), with a higher bit depth, more "latitude". Tone mapping makes the dark areas brighter, and the bright areas darker so that it all fits into the color scale of your print or your monitor. The odd ringing and saturation present is just from the algorithm used to compress the values.

If all you want is the tone mapped effect (ringing around shadows and highlights, and odd contrast/saturation), there's usually no need to start out with a multi-exposure HDR, unless you are in a high contrast situation (like shooting a dark car with a sunset behind the car) where you loose shadow and highlight detail completely in one or more channels. (or possibly if your camera gets really noisy in shadow areas that are going to be brought up by the tone mapping. that might be another reason to do multi-exposure) But if you get a good proper single exposure, having a brighter and darker exposure is not going to gain you much latitude/range in your image, since you already have good highlight and shadow detail in your single exposure.

So calling any of these images "real hdr" or "fake hdr" is a moot point, it doesn't matter. None of them are HDR. Some of them may have started out as a "real" multi-exposure HDR. But in my opinion, multi-exposure or single exposure, it doesn't matter. In my opinion, tone mapping either of them usually looks silly when taken to the extreme that most people seem to do I much rather see an image with a good exposure, and if highlights are to bright and shadows are to dark all in one image, there are more elegant ways to control the contrast than with the harsh tonemapping that everyone seems to love for some reason

Last edited by danielbuck; 07-17-2010 at 03:06 AM..
danielbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 06:46 AM   #928
Xerxes
1999 TJ Wrangler 

hey I did my last one using 5 images of different exposures, and had to edit some things via Photomatix after it tried merging to HDR, cuz it does a ****ty job at it, sorry.... So does Photoshop at making HDRs. But lets not forget photos are an art. To each his own. No need to jump on everyone and complain. I agree an image only edited in Psd is not an HDR, and it must consist of 3 or more images of different exposures blended together, isnt that what MOST people here are doing with Photomatix? Do we need to be professional photographers to post in this thread? I guess I'll stop screwing everything up.......

Seriously though, its not easy to do and I suck at it..... Im still learning...... but I hate when people have to jump on everyone because its not perfect..... That is all.

Unread 07-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #929
jwcardy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82NoMe View Post

Click to enlarge
can anyone tell me where i can find some more info on this jeep?
-wes
2008 WK...stock... XK/WK OWNERS GROUP #7
corn fed 2004 neon srt4
boosted 2004 s2000
jwcardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2010, 06:11 PM   #930
Xerxes
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcardy View Post
can anyone tell me where i can find some more info on this jeep?
-wes
did you ask the guy who posted the image? I think its either his or his friend's

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.