All HDR pics in here - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > All HDR pics in here

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-09-2010, 08:39 PM   #826
ItsaFinRubicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueXJ00 View Post
so ok i am a Photochallanged. but my basis understand of this HDR stuff is the you upload 3 of the same pics at different exposers into some program and bleand them together to get one amazing looking photo?! so is it like taking parts of each and adding them to another one like do you say take the jeep for the darker pic and add it to one of the lighted pics and so on. or is it just like laying the 3 photos on top of eachother and changing the deapth of the final pic?!

and just another quick question... whats the most basis camera i'd need for something like this. i see that some of you are useing a Canon Rebel XTi. well i am not really into photograph so i dont plan to spend $1400 on a camera. so whats a decent camera that i can do this with that won't cost me more than my first car?!
I'm using a 7.1 megapixel camera that i found at a concert lol. but best thing to do is compare them online or going to best buy and talking to one of them. i'd try to stick with a name that you've heard or used before that you like the most expensive camera i bought was 180 just because the girl friend likes it cuz it had pink poka dots on it lol. but i know you can test them out at best buy and such so i'd go there. and if you find one you like but seems a little high try finding it on newegg or another site. and for the HDR question try using photomatix pro. and if you need help i can help a little just pm me.

[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/itsafinrubicon-build-thread-1012286/"]2004 Jeep Rubicon[/URL] [SIZE="2"][/SIZE] ::[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"]|R.C. 4"|PSC|Smittybilt|35" KM1|QTec|R.C.|[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Dtowngoalie;9869864]rausch frock rauschhhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=ajamison;11841284]trails frock trailssssss![/QUOTE]
ItsaFinRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 08:47 PM   #827
BlueXJ00

2000 XJ Cherokee 

i have a canon powershot sd850 is. ironicly i found it at the local Mall haha. amy way an 8.0 megapixel camera and i think i just figured out how to change the exposuer. so hopefully i be posting some pics! thanks for the help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuffers View Post
You forgot the splints for busted fingers and shrink tube for all the frayed wires grounding out inside the door
BlueXJ00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #828
ItsaFinRubicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

well unless you have something standing still and have a tripod so the camera does not move at all good luck lol. you can use a program such as photomatix and upload 5 copies of a single image and you can have the difference of the exposure to an amount you want so you don't have to change the exposure on the camera and need a stand still image or a tripod
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/itsafinrubicon-build-thread-1012286/"]2004 Jeep Rubicon[/URL] [SIZE="2"][/SIZE] ::[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"]|R.C. 4"|PSC|Smittybilt|35" KM1|QTec|R.C.|[/SIZE]

Unread 06-09-2010, 10:58 PM   #829
BlueXJ00

2000 XJ Cherokee 

this should be interesting...
Quote:
You forgot the splints for busted fingers and shrink tube for all the frayed wires grounding out inside the door
Unread 06-10-2010, 07:10 AM   #830
ItsaFinRubicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

if you have any questions just pm me

Unread 06-10-2010, 09:24 AM   #831
rpiereck
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueXJ00 View Post
and just another quick question... whats the most basis camera i'd need for something like this. i see that some of you are useing a Canon Rebel XTi. well i am not really into photograph so i dont plan to spend $1400 on a camera. so whats a decent camera that i can do this with that won't cost me more than my first car?!
I bought my rebel XTi back in 2006 when it was the latest and greatest and spent less than $700 on it. But then of course you start buying more and more lenses... The XTi is obsolete now, you can probably buy one for less than $500 on eBay. Hell, give me $500 and I'll sell you mine with a handgrip, and two batteries!

I'd say the most basic camera you should buy is any camera that allows you to mount it to a tripod, and also allows you to adjust the exposure level of the shot you are taking. Most cameras nowadays do that, only the cheapest, crappiest ones won't. I am sure you can find a camera around $200 or less that has those features, but you get what you pay for...

The biggest advantage of a DSLR camera (like a Rebel XTi), versus a smaller point-and-shoot digital camera is that the image sensor is so much bigger, so you have better definition on the same amount of megapixels. My 10-megapixel Rebel XTi produces much better pictures than my buddy's 15-megapixel point-and-shoot just because my image sensor is almost three times larger than his, and the lenses in front of the Rebel XTi are of better quality too, even if I have a cheap lens on.

JKS Adjustable control arms - JKS 1.25" Body Lift - JKS 1" Engine Mount Lift
Old Man Emu 4" coils - Rancho 5000 shocks - Teraflex front adj trackbar - RE rear track bar bracket
33/12.5x15 Wrangler Duratracs - Tabor 12k Winch - Hella 500F Foglights
Hella Supertone Horns - Uniden CB radio

rpiereck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 10:02 AM   #832
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

the other benefit to using focal style lenses with a SLR camera is the focus effect where generally only the thing you want in focus is in focus and everything else is out of it.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #833
cbrookerd
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i have a canon rebel xsi dslr.....12 megapixels.....cost me around 600 bux about 3 months ago...great camera, easy to use, packed with features for a small price
cbrookerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #834
RealDealWK

Some using soft light:

Others:

NC State ENGINEERING

"What a wretched man I am. Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord." -Romans 7:24-25
RealDealWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #835
JC_Sahara

2000 TJ Wrangler 

can someone no click me?
JC_Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #836
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That's an awesome image, JC00TJ. As a slight nit, I'd turn down the blue channel a bit.

"Confidence is that feeling you have before you fully understand the situation."
AZJeepNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2010, 06:02 AM   #837
JC_Sahara

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJeepNewbie View Post
That's an awesome image, JC00TJ. As a slight nit, I'd turn down the blue channel a bit.

Hows that? thanks for the comments man
Unread 06-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #838
AZJeepNewbie
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC00TJ View Post

Hows that? thanks for the comments man
Awesome! Glad I could help.

Post some more!

"Confidence is that feeling you have before you fully understand the situation."
AZJeepNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #839
JC_Sahara

2000 TJ Wrangler 

haha will do! I want to get some flex shots out on the trail and post em up.. going next week =D
Unread 06-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #840
BlueXJ00

2000 XJ Cherokee 

ok so these are my first 2 attempts at HDR ever so try not to be to hard on my but let me know what you think?!

Quote:

Last edited by BlueXJ00; 06-16-2010 at 02:59 AM.. Reason: i re did the bottom picture.. i liek this one better the Blue "Pops" more!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.