All HDR pics in here - Page 128 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > All HDR pics in here

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 11-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #1906
Blue70
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie564 View Post
Most photomatix images i see here looks like crap - over-processed and unrealistic. If you know what you're doing PS is unbeatable in image post-processing. I also like Lightroom.

I'd like to point out though that I'm using Photoshop CS6, which is a huge improvement in HDR mapping from the previous version
Most "HDR" images i see here looks like crap - over-processed and unrealistic.

Fixed it..

Like someone else said, I think it's more the people using the programs rather than the programs themselves....

This is a nice HDR.. As it should be.. maybe the shadows areas on the rock on the left brought out a hair too much, they are now lighter than the surrounding area, but still nice.

I have no idea why people do this

Blue70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #1907
JK_Driver

2010 JK Wrangler 

They do it because It's different and artistic. I personally like the more natural look in HDR photos. There are some exceptions though. I use HDR Efex Pro 2 to make my HDR images, I haven't heard anyone mention that program yet.
Unread 11-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #1908
Blue70
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_Driver View Post
I personally like the more natural look in HDR photos. There are some exceptions though.
As do I, seems that the Natural HDR is becoming the one that is "different" now, as most I have seen in the last few years look a lot more like my second example.

I bet that a lot of newcomers would not even notice that my first image example is a HDR image.
Blue70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #1909
homebrwd
2004 TJ Wrangler 

These are my thoughts exactly, as I brought up a few pages ago. Most of these are surreal. Artistic? About as artistic as instagram, there is nothing artistic about surreal HDR shots, I'm sorry but there just isn't.
homebrwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #1910
dukie564
1995 XJ Cherokee 

God I hate instagram photos...
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-danger-cart-xj-1297118/
dukie564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 04:42 AM   #1911
JK_Driver

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70 View Post
I bet that a lot of newcomers would not even notice that my first image example is a HDR image.
I'll bet you are right on that statement! They probably think that is what HDR is .... Hideous Digital Renderings !!!
Unread 11-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #1912
HITMONEY
RubiKong's Trainer

2008 JK Wrangler 

Pics of Smurfette, Photo Credit to Motive Image..
dsc_2722a_hdr1.jpg   hdr2.jpg   dsc_2778ahdr1.jpg   dsc_2752a_hdr1.jpg  
YouTube Channel HERE
FaceBook HERE
HITMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 12:45 AM   #1913
3JeepBill

If the Smurf Jeep was being operated by Progress Energy, then I'd understand the electrical power station and distracting overhead wires for a background. But if not, surely there is a better, less distracting background than the one you've got.
3JeepBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #1914
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3JeepBill
If the Smurf Jeep was being operated by Progress Energy, then I'd understand the electrical power station and distracting overhead wires for a background. But if not, surely there is a better, less distracting background than the one you've got.
It's his jeep, let him take pictures of it wherever he wants.

Sent from my Comanche using my iPhone
ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #1915
3JeepBill

Personally, I don't give a ratz where he takes the picture. However, assuming that the idea of the layout is to showcase the beautiful build that the vehicle is, then my suggestion still stands that the vehicle should have been photographed somewhere that enhances the photo; not be a distraction and therefore a detraction.

This thread is full of constructive criticism: camera sux, process sux, etc. Obviously, each and every one of those criticisms could have been answered along the same lines as your mindless response of, "...it is their Jeep, process, camera, so let them do what they want." Be that as it may, in this case, location sux.
Unread 11-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #1916
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3JeepBill
Personally, I don't give a ratz where he takes the picture. However, assuming that the idea of the layout is to showcase the beautiful build that the vehicle is, then my suggestion still stands that the vehicle should have been photographed somewhere that enhances the photo; not be a distraction and therefore a detraction.

This thread is full of constructive criticism: camera sux, process sux, etc. Obviously, each and every one of those criticisms could have been answered along the same lines as your mindless response of, "...it is their Jeep, process, camera, so let them do what they want." Be that as it may, in this case, location sux.
If you don't care where he takes the picture then why did you even comment in the first place? Don't you have anything better to do than bully people on jeep forum?

Sent from my Comanche using my iPhone
ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #1917
3JeepBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3JeepBill View Post
...But if not, surely there is a better, less distracting background than the one you've got.
Bullying

This just started as a critique of the photograph; a mere suggestion. Note that this thread has about 128 pages of similar critiques (bullying?).

I'm moving on. Have a great day.
Unread 11-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #1918
thonyg523
1998 TJ Wrangler 

this is from my phone to the computer so it doesnt look as good, its also my first time using HDR...but anyway here it is.
hdr.jpg  
thonyg523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #1919
3JeepBill

There is a Jeep in the driveway:

Unread 12-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #1920
Awesome
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3JeepBill View Post
There is a Jeep in the driveway:
Holy crap that is the best use of a greenhouse I've ever seen. Is that connected to the house? That is so awesome. I'd spend so much time in that room.
”This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.