Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Abandoned, neglected jeeps rotting away...

2M views 10K replies 796 participants last post by  SKT 
#1 · (Edited)
There are plenty of Jeeps out there just rotting away in junkyards, fields, in the woods, or the desert...so post up the pics!!

Condition is irrelevant...barely there, or 100% complete.

They don't have to be yours...if you find 'em, post 'em up!

Please share any stories, rescues, details, and/or locations that you can. If you have a build thread to one that you have saved, post up a link instead of using this thread for your build-up.

If you know where an old, crusty Jeep is sitting, please snap a photo of it when you can, and share it with us.

I think these old Jeep pics make for better wallpapers than the blinging new ones so feel free to save any of them that you want!

Feel free to post up ANY type of Jeep/Willys

Here are a few to start us off:

Tire Land vehicle Plant Wheel Vehicle

Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Plant Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Ecoregion

Tire Sky Plant Vehicle Wheel

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

See less See more
#8 ·
I'm gonna try to talk the owners into letting me take this off there hands next time I'm up their way. It's been sitting for about 12 years, but looks like it could still run. Overall its in really good shape with minimal rust, all the lights are intact, engine is intact, and the keys are still in the ignition! Sorry bout the crappy cell phone pics...

Reactions: Mywjisthebest
#1,054 ·
Dont make it to florida very often. If i do, i ussually forget to bring my extra YJ grilles. If ever headed to "goode ole ken tuck" let me know i got a couple spares. I thought about making a wall piece for my son with extra parts. He's a jeep head at age two. I know we arent the only ones think of jeep decor. Is there a thread for this? Mabye there should be. Love some of these pics. Funny how these owners wont let go thier jeeps. (i wouldnt either).

#114 ·
#19 ·
google image search on the subject is depressing :(

#20 ·
This thread makes me want to cry.....If any of you guys know where i can get a willys 1941 that needs restoration lemme know. My parents have always wanted one and id love to give it a second chance at life.

#27 ·
Great thread, love the pictures. I'm sure each one has a story to tell.

#390 ·
lol....the story for a lot of these seem to be "Aw **** it. Somebody give me a ride home..."

#37 ·
That '7 looks a little too nice to be stuck in a junkyard.

:(
If it's the 7 I'm thinking it is, it's a cash for clunkers vehicle. It's rougher than it looks, floorboards have lots of rust, but here are MANY good parts on it. It shouldn't have ended up there. The real PIA is that the yard can't sell it, only parts. Because it's a C-for-C, they can't sell the body, frame, or motor. So there it'll sit, rotting away. Shame. Funny thing is, the yard doesn't even know it's there. I went in asking about some of the parts on it and they claimed they don't have one. I argued with the manager for about 10min. because I kept asking about the black '86 and kept correcting me about the red '96. I finally showed him a picture on my phone and he just shrugged and said he can't do anything with it because it's a C-for-C.

Is this one at the same yard? I didn't see it there. All I found was a black '90, a TJ, and the '86 CJ. All are C-for-C. I have a major need for a tub and frame and that one would be perfect.