'93 Jeep Wrangler Renegade in Bronze (YJ) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > '93 Jeep Wrangler Renegade in Bronze (YJ)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 10-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
Abercrombie

'93-'94 Jeep Wrangler Renegade in Bronze (YJ)

I am looking to purchase a '91-'94 Renegade for my DD in the near future. I honestly like all of the colors I've seen so it's not a big deal but upon reading about the Renegade model on Wiki, it says " Initially, all Renegades were White, Black or Red. In 1992, Blue was added, in 1993, Bronze."

I have seen plenty of White, Black, and Red with a decent amount of Blue. However, I can not find a picture of a Bronze Renegade YJ anywhere. Did they actually produce and sell them in that color in '93-'94 or is it just a mistake?

Thanks!

Last edited by Abercrombie; 10-14-2013 at 04:10 PM..
Abercrombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
Abercrombie

Bump.
Unread 10-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
tacjeep99

I have seen only one, and that was back in the mid 90s. It was a very good looking color. To me it looked more of a Copper than Bronze though.
tacjeep99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 01:26 AM   #4
Abercrombie

They seem to be the unicorns of the Renegade line. I can't find a picture of one anywhere.

I'm actually having trouble just finding a Renegade near me at all. I've only found a '92 black one for $4,000, which I'm considering. I was hoping for blue, red, or maybe "Bronze" if I like how they look but it seems these are extremely hard to find. I'll be selling my little Chevrolet Cavalier to fund this purchase so I'm going to have to stick to YJ territory. I like the TJ Saharas but the only YJ Saharas I can find are the Green ones and I just don't care for that color scheme. The only other color they came in was, what I would refer to as, "Sand", right?
Unread 10-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #5
tacjeep99

I think Sand was the other color.
Unread 10-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #6
Abercrombie

Yeah, it looks like they only made Green and Sand in the YJ Saharas. Not really too crazy about either.

I'm still trying to find a picture of a Bronze Renegade if anyone has one. I'm curious to see it.

Anyone have any tips on how to find a Renegade? I've only found one near me in Knoxville, TN and I can't get in touch with the guy so the search is not going well so far.
Unread 10-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #7
tacjeep99

I checked my 93 Wrangler Brochure and it shows a color "Light Champagne Metallic" listed that could be considered Bronze. That color was only available for the Base and Sahara models, not the Renegade. There was no specific color of Bronze listed. What you are after may not exist.

The 92 Brochure shows a "Bright Copper Metallic" color listed and it appears to have been a 1 year only color.

In response to your comment about locating a Renegade, I think with the passage of time the Renegade you are after is becoming a rare bird. I don't think many were sold to begin with and consequently not many are left after 20+ years. I think you will just have to beat the bushes for one.

Where I live, I have seen maybe 2-3 of those early 90s Renegades in the last several years. The ones I have seen were either white or red.
Unread 10-17-2013, 12:23 AM   #8
Abercrombie

It's extremely confusing. I know the Renegades were only available from '91 to '94 which means there aren't that many out there and probably 80%+ of them are either Red, Black, or White. Blue ones are rare from what I can tell and Bronze even more so, if they do exist.

I googled it and seen several posts of people saying they had seen Bronze (some referred to it as Gold or Copper) Renegades but have yet to find one with pics or an actual owner posting. It's only people who were "considering buying one" or just came across one. As I said, I like all of the four colors I've seen so I'd be happy with either.

I would, however, like to see the Bronze if it does exist. My first Jeep was an '04 Sahara in Khaki Metallic and it was a color that never got old and looked great with anything added to the Jeep. Black always makes me a bit uneasy as it always seems to have paint swirls and every tiny chip in the paint is highlighted. White is sort of the same since it's hard to keep clean.

I'd probably rather have a Red or Blue one, unless I can find a Bronze Renecorn and it looks better. I doubt I'll have many options, though, as it seems there is only one within 4-5 hours of me and it's rough to attempt to buy a vehicle located that far away. It could be a big waste of time and money to drive there if the seller is dishonest and then you have to trust a vehicle you are unfamiliar with to drive all the way back.
Unread 10-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #9
Abercrombie

Bump.
Unread 10-22-2013, 05:31 AM   #10
Abercrombie

ttt
Unread 10-22-2013, 05:40 AM   #11
jrod250
2011 JK Wrangler 

This is what I refer to as a "big foot sighting" you hear about them, but never actually see one
jrod250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #12
Abercrombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod250 View Post
This is what I refer to as a "big foot sighting" you hear about them, but never actually see one
I'm not giving up. lol I will find one.
Unread 04-17-2014, 06:31 AM   #13
92copperjeep
1992 YJ Wrangler 

We just purchased a modified '92 Renegade in the Copper Metallic color. The body is in pretty rough shape. We are in the process of restoring the body on it and picked up a tub from a '95 so we could swap out the tub. How will this effect the rarity or value of the jeep? Our plans include using Monstaliner for the entire thing and we have contacted them regarding a possible color match (fingers crossed). We want to make this a fun 8.5" lifted daily driver.
92copperjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.