35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps) - Page 76 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > 35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps)

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-07-2011, 08:36 AM   #1126
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97flexy View Post
Its okay i like it when people question my ways. It makes them wonder if they screw'd up when building there jeep, I've been looking on here and 3" lift with springs and coils to fit 35's.... kinda redunk-ulous. I see LCG ride'n on almost full droop and being flexy as hell(rock buggy style). But you know everyone has there own way to build there jeep. and I know alot of folks are going to question and BASH my ways.
You must be referring to your locked D35.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #1127
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97flexy
I won't take it the wrong way, if you know how to get the top of the coil to stay seated please share, other wise on full droop I'l just deal with a spring come'n un seated for a bit, no biggy to me.
You have completely missed the point. You need longer springs which means, you are going to have to be lifted a tiny bit, or raise the spring perch, and add limiting straps. Unseating 4-6" is useless and 2" of uptravel is too. That's not LCOG, that's just low and done wrong.
Unread 08-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #1128
4wdjeepguy
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Swap for the 3.5" AEV springs. They are longer unsprung than my 4.5" RE's.
4wdjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #1129
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97flexy

Its okay i like it when people question my ways. It makes them wonder if they screw'd up when building there jeep, I've been looking on here and 3" lift with springs and coils to fit 35's.... kinda redunk-ulous. I see LCG ride'n on almost full droop and being flexy as hell(rock buggy style). But you know everyone has there own way to build there jeep. and I know alot of folks are going to question and BASH my ways.
That's because your "ways" are just completely incorrect. Period. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of what does and does not work properly and effectively, and what will and will not be durable. Spring unseating half a foot and a locked D35 are not correct and reliable methods of building a good rig.
Unread 08-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #1130
4wdjeepguy
2005 LJ Wrangler 

^ what he said
4wdjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #1131
emev0l
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlrubicon05 View Post
Swap for the 3.5" AEV springs. They are longer unsprung than my 4.5" RE's.

AEV only makes 3" and 4.5" springs for TJ's

They do have 3.5" and 4.5" for JK's

But your right, there unsprung length is great.
1970 Cutlass 442 468CID TH400
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
emev0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #1132
emev0l
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I drop my coils bout 4-6".... not too bad tho, I have coil retainers to keep the coils in there place.
I have less up travel than a stock Jeep cause my 100K mile springs are super saggy and I have a winch up front which doesn't help, I have 2" up travel til I hit bumpstop hard. I agree with you bout the longer track bar, it'll happen after the cage. & I did raise the front shock towers to allow extra room for the new shocks, I'l take some pics when I get a chance. The stock control arms do quite well with the stock track bar(flex wise), I do feel it bind a bit but nothing too bad, I'm starting to trailer the jeep to the parks so if I brake something(like track bar) its okay, than I'l buy a new nicer one. do you have any suggestions for a LCG track bar?
Longer track bar? Why would you want a longer track bar with stock springs?

Your track bar is made to center your axle under your jeep, the only time you run a longer track bar is when you lift your jeep. The higher you lift the jeep, the longer the track bar needs to be.

If you lift your jeep and run the stock front track bar in the hole that it came in from the factory then your axle will be off center and stick out more on the drivers side. That's why instead of buying an adjustable track bar a lot of people with 3" or less of suspension lift will drill a new hole closer to the drivers side of the current hole to center there axle.

The thing that I'm most worried about with your jeep is when your really flexing the front out and the spring is unseated and all the weight of your jeep shifts to the unseated side, and you flop.

I would also seriously consider running a rear sway bar, it's not hurting your flex with short arms and a track bar.
1970 Cutlass 442 468CID TH400
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
emev0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #1133
jakemnm848
2001 TJ Wrangler 

^^^ more pics of fenders please!

Sorry wrong page lol I was referring to the color matched metalcloaks.
jakemnm848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #1134
havoc64

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
That's because your "ways" are just completely incorrect. Period. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of what does and does not work properly and effectively, and what will and will not be durable. Spring unseating half a foot and a locked D35 are not correct and reliable methods of building a good rig.
Hey Heath! Nice rig, you got a build thread or more pics of that thing?

I lived in Bossier and Shreveport from 1984 to 1988. Was stationed at Barksdale. We lived in Quail Creek Apts lastly, but also on Valincia over in Shreveport. I bet it's changed a lot since then...

/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)
Yellow Jeep Club Member #64
-2004 Wrangler Rubicon-2 Inch BDS Lift-BDS Shocks and Steering Stabilizer-JKS Front Quick Disconnects-Smittybilt XRC Rock Crawler Front Bumper-Smittybilt XRC Rock Crawler Rear Bumper with Tire Swing-Smittybilt XRC-8 Comp Series Winch-MetalCloak Overline Front Fenders and Rockers-Factory Hard Top-Bestop Safari Top with no-Drill Channel-4.0 Straight 6-15" Mickey Thompson Signature Series Classic II Wheels on 35x12.50 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's.
- My Yella' 04 Rubicon Build Thread -
havoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 07:24 AM   #1135
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
snip...do you have any suggestions for a LCG track bar?...
make one... bout your best bet... i bought the jks builder tracbar and bent it myself to clear the diff. couldnt really find anything else that would clear with only 2.5" of lift and stock bump stops

you can kinda see it under there

youre wheelin on borrowed time with that much shock travel and stock susp, those bushings were never designed for that much deflection and that puts a ton of strain on the brackets... and to be honest, i find it hard to beleive youre even using all of it... IIRC the stock trac bar mount with the stock trac bar only allows like 6" on down travel. AND with my custom long arrm i max out my CV in the front ds at about 12" of down travel (so 14" from static ride height of a stock rig) and thats with a HP30 and much better pinion tracking than the stock geometry
cgmrdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 08:06 AM   #1136
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmrdc View Post

youre wheelin on borrowed time with that much shock travel and stock susp, those bushings were never designed for that much deflection and that puts a ton of strain on the brackets... and to be honest, i find it hard to beleive youre even using all of it... IIRC the stock trac bar mount with the stock trac bar only allows like 6" on down travel. AND with my custom long arrm i max out my CV in the front ds at about 12" of down travel (so 14" from static ride height of a stock rig) and thats with a HP30 and much better pinion tracking than the stock geometry
Exactofuc*inlutely.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 08:20 AM   #1137
joshr1987

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmrdc

make one... bout your best bet... i bought the jks builder tracbar and bent it myself to clear the diff. couldnt really find anything else that would clear with only 2.5" of lift and stock bump stops

you can kinda see it under there

Any more pictures? Sounds similar to where im going with mine.
joshr1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 08:30 AM   #1138
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshr1987 View Post
Any more pictures? Sounds similar to where im going with mine.
LOTS! check my build thread in my sig...

heres the JKS trac bar when i first did my Wj swap but still had stock susp geometry
cgmrdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 08:36 AM   #1139
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc64

Hey Heath! Nice rig, you got a build thread or more pics of that thing?

I lived in Bossier and Shreveport from 1984 to 1988. Was stationed at Barksdale. We lived in Quail Creek Apts lastly, but also on Valincia over in Shreveport. I bet it's changed a lot since then...
Thanks. No I really don't have any more recent pics other than what's already posted in the thread. Yeah it's changed for sure. That Shreve City area you used to live in has been through about 9 lives. The old Bennie Hannas is a gym now, they tore down Dillards, the major part of that spot is a Wal-Mart now, and the movie theater is a furniture store.
Unread 08-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #1140
joshr1987

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmrdc View Post
LOTS! check my build thread in my sig...

heres the JKS trac bar when i first did my Wj swap but still had stock susp geometry
Thanks, I thought those looked like WJ knuckles. Sweet build man.
joshr1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.