Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps)

2M views 4K replies 623 participants last post by  NYGLT56 
#1 ·
I want to see what you have. Looking for ideas. My goal is to run 35s w/ 2" suspension and 1" body, tube fenders, limit the up travel, cut the rear a bit.

BTW I have a TJ, I dont care to see other jeeps.

#2,901 ·
New 37s Goodyear Kevs and AEV 17" beadlocks

Same 2" bds springs up front, stock rear springs and aev bolt on spring relocator, 1.25" BL ~~ about 3.25" of lift

19" to bottom of frame, 18.25" to middle of skid

#2,902 ·
New 37s Goodyear Kevs and AEV 17" beadlocks

Same 2" bds springs up front, stock rear springs and aev bolt on spring relocator, 1.25" BL ~~ about 3.25" of lift

19" to bottom of frame, 18.25" to middle of skid

http://s965.photobucket.com/user/da...E-426B-9408-D666166723F3_zps04ybwq0x.jpg.html

http://s965.photobucket.com/user/da...C-47A2-A17F-539B496A826D_zpsaxxvfixz.jpg.html
How did you like the 4.88s on the 35s? I'm about to regear to that on 35s with plans of 37s in the next couple years. How are they on the 37s?

Sent from my LG G2 using JeepForum

#2,920 ·
Just rebuilt my TJ. 5.3 TH350 Atlas 60/14 14" Fox Coilovers 39" Reds. 106" WB, 83" Wide, 6'5" Tall. Around 1" of lift . It weighed in at 4250 lbs. I've still got to cut out the rear corners more to clear the tires.
I like the YJ's bumper. :laugh:

I am curious, do you have a harsh ride with your shocks at an angle like that? I don't know a lot about suspension systems, but I have read that you want your shocks to be as perpendicular to the axle movement as possible.

#2,922 ·
Good to know.

#2,924 ·
Optimal angle (viewing from the side) really should be 90* with the links at full bump. That allows the shocks dampening force to be progressive as the axle travels up word and most effective in the last inch or two of travel when it is almost in perfect line with the travel of the axle. This helps prevent harsh bottoming out with a well tuned shock/suspension.

The way his are setup is actually digressive as it travels to full bump but most effective around ride height. Nothing wrong with the way his shocks are setup as there are a lot of Jeeps, trucks, cars done that way, it just effects how the shock should be tuned for best performance.

Edit: I forgot to add, that really matters a lot more for a load bearing shock like a coilover, air shock, ect.

#2,925 ·
MO2500 said:
Optimal angle (viewing from the side) really should be 90* with the links at full bump. That allows the shocks dampening force to be progressive as the axle travels up word and most effective in the last inch or two of travel when it is almost in perfect line with the travel of the axle. This helps prevent harsh bottoming out with a well tuned shock/suspension. The way his are setup is actually digressive as it travels to full bump but most effective around ride height. Nothing wrong with the way his shocks are setup as there are a lot of Jeeps, trucks, cars done that way, it just effects how the shock should be tuned for best performance. Edit: I forgot to add, that really matters a lot more for a load bearing shock like a coilover, air shock, ect.
:bowdown:

#2,927 ·
01 TJ with Zone 3 inch lift, 35x12.5x15 Pro Comp Xtreme Muds. The Crager steelies I have are from a JK so I am running Synergy 1.5" spacer/adapters. I plan on dropping it down an inch or so in the future

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.