35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps) - Page 60 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > 35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps)

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #886
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

At least hes reppin south carolina.

MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 01:20 PM   #887
scrambled
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGATRTJ View Post
His rig is still one of my favorites. Very inspirational.
Saw a couple of his Jeeps at Gulches a few month back. Truely awesome...
I think that is where a few of those pics are taken.
Unread 04-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #888
Sgt_Utz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Any idea what TT he has? That doesn't hang down AT ALL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Is the cry-fest over yet?

Chris Durham's TJ, one of my favs:

Courtesy of Lo2jay--great pics.

Sgt_Utz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 04:08 PM   #889
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Are those 2 TJ flares molded together or something for the new larger wheelwell?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 06:04 PM   #890
SpeedJeep
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Is there a build thread on Chris Durham's TJ?
Unread 04-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #891
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #892
signal34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post

where has your jeep been all my life? lol
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:09 PM   #893
pyrotyro
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

thats beautiful

My youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/MRpyrotyro
pyrotyro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #894
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Didn't you have a YJ? And what happened to your old avatar? It was far better...
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #895
DezertTJ
Lost

2006 LJ Wrangler 

somebody bought a new rig
Unread 04-28-2011, 09:22 PM   #896
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Doesn't look very low to me?

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #897
AzTeal-J
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Doesn't look very low to me?
Looks decently low for 39's
AzTeal-J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 09:43 PM   #898
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Utz View Post
Any idea what TT he has? That doesn't hang down AT ALL.
Think about this......

Do you really think he bought an off-the-shelf skid? It's probably a flat piece of 1/4". Not hard to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Are those 2 TJ flares molded together or something for the new larger wheelwell?
No clue. But he makes and sells them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baboyd View Post
Is there a build thread on Chris Durham's TJ?
Nope, I asked him. If I remember right, it's got a ff14b in the rear, Ford 60 front, Atlas clocked flat, 1" body lift, custom xmember mounted suspension (duh), and 40" MTR's (again, duh). Simple and low as hell.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 10:04 PM   #899
deanooo
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I’ve learned so much from this forum, and had a few laughs as well. Funny how some people throw out criticism with no knowledge as to whom they are talking to. I won’t say names but some out there repeatedly attack individuals for what they done, why they did it that way, etc….then they say my wang is bigger than yours. Well, I know your jeep is better than mine at this point, but I bet my wang is bigger.

Back to topic. Just bought a bone stock ’99 TJ with 58,000 miles and have a serious bug to do some mods. My previous rig was a 2004 Discovery that I flipped, and I flipped it hard. Don’t want to do that again. That’s what brought me to this forum, LCG. 1st mod on my list is tubes. I was convinced that TNT’s were the way to go until I saw hawkz rig on page 12, rs4race on page 26 & 30, and Filthy-beast on page 37. They opened my mind to Metalcloak. In my opinion, and its based on internet research only, TNT and Metalcloak have the best tube offering available. Sure you’ll pay a little more but most opinions state that the install is straight forward and support is excellent. Today I settled and made the plunge for Metalcloak front arched tubes, rear flares, and rocker guards. Sorry TNT. I got the raw metal and will have them powder coated after I fit, and then reassemble. Along with the tubes, I ordered 33x12.5 on 15x10 rims with a 3.74 backspacing from tirerack. Tirerack beat any price I could find and they just happen to have a warehouse 15 miles from my house so there’s no shipping if I pick them up. They balance the tires at no charge which saves a few more bucks.

My next mod will come right away and I’m thinking of a small but very capable lift. Don’t want to go higher that 2.5”. Perhaps 2.5” isn’t enough but that is what I am leaning toward at the moment, hence flipping my Disco and wanting a LCG 4x4. I see a wide range of lifts from hockey pucks to complete long arm systems. Within each category there is also a wide range of pricing. RC has a long arm 2.5” for $1500 and others can be more than $4K. If it takes $4k to have a solid capable suspension, I will do that. Before taking that plunge, I want to be sure I am getting what I pay for. Many forums bash RC, spring sag, bushings wear out, etc… Looking at RC, I must admit I don’t see anything wrong with their setup. Sure, it may not be as good and long lasting, but will it do the job? I guess the question is, what do I want to do with my TJ? My TJ is a 2nd vehicle that I will use for leisure including trips to the “mall”, ski trips, beach trips, and a few off road trips when I feel the itch to do so. Do I need to crawl 6’ high boulders, not really, but if I can I will. What I’m really looking for is a fun and capable 4x4 that I can take out on weekends with the kids and romp around in without thinking twice of whether or not I can cross a stream, get stuck in some other guys ruts, or break something that can't handle the task.

Do I need to re-gear and beef up the brakes? From what I’ve read, I may be fine with 33’s. I have so much to do beyond tubes, suspension is where I think I should focus at the moment. I like good things whether I need them or not. So….a *****in longarm sounds cool, but do I need to go all the way? Can I start with good quality springs/shock lift and perhaps add some disconnects and arms later. My question then is, does a spring/shock only mod negatively effect the jeeps on-road or off-road performance by putting higher stresses on the stock arms? If so, is that a big deal? Can’t I just replace the arms in time?

Thanks for reading my long winded post and I welcome any feedback.
deanooo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2011, 10:19 PM   #900
Sgt_Utz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I figured it was hand built, just wondering in case it wasn't...

To be perfectly flat you must have at least a 1" BL right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Think about this......

Do you really think he bought an off-the-shelf skid? It's probably a flat piece of 1/4". Not hard to do.

No clue. But he makes and sells them.

Nope, I asked him. If I remember right, it's got a ff14b in the rear, Ford 60 front, Atlas clocked flat, 1" body lift, custom xmember mounted suspension (duh), and 40" MTR's (again, duh). Simple and low as hell.
Sgt_Utz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.