35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps) - Page 57 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > 35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps)

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinGear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 04-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #841
havoc64

2004 TJ Wrangler 

LOL, Thanks,

yea the weather men/women here in Kansas have a hard time of it in the Spring and Fall. They will forecast rain, and it will be sunny. They will forecast Sunny and it will rain..and it's always windy.."People of the Southwind" is a good name..lol

Anyone have any experience with those frameless tops?

/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)
Yellow Jeep Club Member #64
-2004 Wrangler Rubicon-2 Inch BDS Lift-BDS Shocks and Steering Stabilizer-JKS Front Quick Disconnects-Smittybilt XRC Rock Crawler Front Bumper-Smittybilt XRC Rock Crawler Rear Bumper with Tire Swing-Smittybilt XRC-8 Comp Series Winch-MetalCloak Overline Front Fenders and Rockers-Factory Hard Top-Bestop Safari Top with no-Drill Channel-4.0 Straight 6-15" Mickey Thompson Signature Series Classic II Wheels on 35x12.50 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's.
- My Yella' 04 Rubicon Build Thread -
havoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #842
SideshowBob024
1997 TJ Wrangler 

There is a huge thread on it, search.
SideshowBob024 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #843
havoc64

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe I will...LOL

/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)
Yellow Jeep Club Member #64
-2004 Wrangler Rubicon-2 Inch BDS Lift-BDS Shocks and Steering Stabilizer-JKS Front Quick Disconnects-Smittybilt XRC Rock Crawler Front Bumper-Smittybilt XRC Rock Crawler Rear Bumper with Tire Swing-Smittybilt XRC-8 Comp Series Winch-MetalCloak Overline Front Fenders and Rockers-Factory Hard Top-Bestop Safari Top with no-Drill Channel-4.0 Straight 6-15" Mickey Thompson Signature Series Classic II Wheels on 35x12.50 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's.
- My Yella' 04 Rubicon Build Thread -
havoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #844
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Just put one on the daughters jeep. I like the safari top aspect and the window storage. The look will take a bit of getting used to. Haven't had it long enough to give any real opinions yet.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #845
yarmish
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINUM View Post
What are the travel on the shocks you have? I've got the OME 2.5"(1.25" BL) lift along with a ton of other goodies waiting for me to install. I'm relocating the shock towers and im wanting to run a shock just over 11" up front and about 10.5" in the back without the springs falling out. So, im trying to figuure out if anyone else is running anything similar.
I am running a setup very similar to what you are planning. I have 12" of travel up front using ford shock towers and i have 10" of travel in the rear with outboarded shocks. I used the TNT kit for more room than the ford towers Imped has a build thread that i basically Mirrored minus the bodylift

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSahara00 View Post
yarmish : i was trying to decide between those and the gen right highline tubes.. how did the install go?
Install was very painless,Took me and a buddy about 6 hours start to finish. I also had to cut out for my extended shocks and my York compressor so that took an hour or so

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc64 View Post
Hey Yarmish, is that softtop one of those framless ones? How do you like it? Is it easy to put down? I have a hard top and a Safari one, but I want something for the spring and fall here in Kansas where it rains everytime the weatherman farts.

Mike
Mine is actually the Viking which is now Rampage. I love the top,very tight and easy to put up and down. I generally just run it with no windows in the summer like a safari top
Unread 04-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #846
silverjeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

here's mine.

www.my4x4source.com Jeep parts and accessories
silverjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #847
Ofsthun
2000 TJ Wrangler 

35" BFG KM2s Rusty's Offroad 2" lift Springs and a 1" Body Lift with Trimmed Fenders and Tummy Tuck Skid.
Running Gear includes, Curry 9" rear axle, Dana 30 Front, 4.88 gears, Stock 4.0L, 5 speed trans, 231 T-Case.

Yellow Jeep Club Member #23
1989 Black YJ, 1979 Blue J10, 1969 VW bug Drag Car, 1995 Ford Probe Road Race Car, 1994 Ford Bronco 351W... all previous projects!
Ofsthun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2011, 07:28 AM   #848
SideshowBob024
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So most LCG crew people on short arms it seems?

Trying to learn myself on the whole Long arm v Short Arm thing
SideshowBob024 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #849
r_unda

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverjeep View Post
here's mine.
Hey thatís my jeep on the back! Still need to send you some of the pic we took.

Sorry for getting off topic.

2011 WK2 HEMI 4x4 Overland
2007 WK CRD 4x4 Limited GDE Tuned
1998 TJ SE
1973 CJ5 - YJ OME 2.5" lift, 33" tires
1951 Willys truck
r_unda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #850
Northwest4x4
TJ Wrangler 

Only made it to page 16 I don't have enough time to go threw this thread

I plan on using stock dana 30/35's and am scared to death to go any bigger than 33" Some of these jeeps are absolutely awesome looking, I was planning on going 4.5 Long Arm and 33's, But am liking these LCG Builds. Now, I have no clue what to do.
Northwest4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #851
DezertTJ
Phrasing

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest4x4 View Post
Only made it to page 16 I don't have enough time to go threw this thread

I plan on using stock dana 30/35's and am scared to death to go any bigger than 33" Some of these jeeps are absolutely awesome looking, I was planning on going 4.5 Long Arm and 33's, But am liking these LCG Builds. Now, I have no clue what to do.
2.5" long arm, 1" body for clearance, hi-lines, much better axles, and 37s or 39's and you're golden

Quote:
Iím very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany
DezertTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #852
signal34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofsthun View Post
35" BFG KM2s Rusty's Offroad 2" lift Springs and a 1" Body Lift with Trimmed Fenders and Tummy Tuck Skid.
Running Gear includes, Curry 9" rear axle, Dana 30 Front, 4.88 gears, Stock 4.0L, 5 speed trans, 231 T-Case.

really liking your rig can't wait to see a build thread and what your doing next
Unread 04-21-2011, 06:08 PM   #853
MrGipe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest4x4 View Post
I plan on using stock dana 30/35's
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertTJ View Post
2.5" long arm, 1" body for clearance, hi-lines, much better axles, and 37s or 39's and you're golden
I know you said much better axles, but he's not wanting to run better axles...

[COLOR="navy"]Blue Jeep Member #345[/COLOR]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/mrgipes-02-tj-build-1082641/[/url]
MrGipe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2011, 07:36 PM   #854
DezertTJ
Phrasing

2006 LJ Wrangler 

ah ok, didn't see that

Quote:
Iím very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany
DezertTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2011, 08:17 PM   #855
shadowulf
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry for the Hijack

What about cj/yj lcg's?
I'm thinking of doing something along the lines of 2.5" lift, and running 34s or 35s. And yes, I know body mods are necessary.

Anyone?
shadowulf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.