35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps) - Page 54 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > 35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps)

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 04-10-2011, 08:32 PM   #796
SpeedJeep
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadManWalking View Post
Hey, would you be so kind as to expand on your statement "homemade highline and 2" lift on 37's" I get the part of the 2" lift and I know what 37's" are so . . .
His front fenders. See how much higher they are compared to a stock TJ? The rears are probably cut out to match.

Unread 04-10-2011, 10:51 PM   #797
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Julietkilo, I love my jk axles. Now that the 37's are on, we'll see if I can break em. Lol I've got 3.5" of bs now with the tr's. That's 2.5" wider than a stock jk rubi, and the pitbulls stick out even more still. Im gone right now, out of state for military crap, so i dont remember the actual width measurement but I can get it later. I know only about 1.5" of my shoulder lugs on the tires are actually inside the rear wheel well. If you would like to see my build, it's here in the jeep builds section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassago View Post
not true sir, yes same width, but adding spacers to a tj width axle puts more strain on your balljoints, steering and unit bearings. having a wider axle itself allows you to run a wheel with more back spacing which distributes load better in those vital key areas = stronger jeep
Using properly manufactured wheel spacers correctly is no different than running less backspacing. That's straight from a very popular beadlock manufacturer when I was doing research because I couldn't find a backspacing that I cared for. Take that for whatever, but I'll take their word.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #798
JSahara00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

2.5 lift and a homebrew highline..

00 TJ, OME shocks, all currie control arm, OME steering damper, Brown dog MML, VIAIR OBA with 2 quick disconnects at the doors, jks quick discos, Kolak exhaust, 30 spline D30 w/ ARB and 4:56, 8.8 w/ super 88 and ARB, home made F/R bumpers and tire carrier,OME zj front springs and OME Lj rear springs, CB w/ firestick, DIY highline fenders/hood, 35 pro comp mud terrains, cragar soft 8s .. .

95 XJ 4.0 4x4 Auto, V8 ZJ steering linkage
JSahara00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #799
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

^^^Very nice job. I'd say some rocker guards that span wheel well to wheel well and it will look perfect.
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 09:40 PM   #800
julietkilo
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
not true sir, yes same width, but adding spacers to a tj width axle puts more strain on your balljoints, steering and unit bearings. having a wider axle itself allows you to run a wheel with more back spacing which distributes load better in those vital key areas = stronger jeep
i believe that is an old jeepforum tale, heard that on this forum 7 years ago and i have never had any ball joint issues on my jeeps with them. all 3 of them. I have replaced ball joints a few times within a year but they were china made and not a spicer part.

Air Force Loadmaster/Air Force Jeep Club [B]#12[/B]
[B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/i-am-petersens-4wheel-off-road-magazine-pics-526488/"]Me in Petersons 4-Wheel Off-Road Magazine[/URL]
[/B][/SIZE]
julietkilo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 11:43 PM   #801
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietkilo View Post
i believe that is an old jeepforum tale, heard that on this forum 7 years ago and i have never had any ball joint issues on my jeeps with them. all 3 of them. I have replaced ball joints a few times within a year but they were china made and not a spicer part.
you're running them to allow you to keep your stock wheels, just as far out as my 4" BS... i was referring about using them simply to gain track width, and going wider does add strain, it's simple physics of leverage and weight distribution.

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2011, 05:07 AM   #802
JSahara00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
^^^Very nice job. I'd say some rocker guards that span wheel well to wheel well and it will look perfect.
yes they are definitely on the list of things to buy.. but its one big list
00 TJ, OME shocks, all currie control arm, OME steering damper, Brown dog MML, VIAIR OBA with 2 quick disconnects at the doors, jks quick discos, Kolak exhaust, 30 spline D30 w/ ARB and 4:56, 8.8 w/ super 88 and ARB, home made F/R bumpers and tire carrier,OME zj front springs and OME Lj rear springs, CB w/ firestick, DIY highline fenders/hood, 35 pro comp mud terrains, cragar soft 8s .. .

Unread 04-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #803
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
you're running them to allow you to keep your stock wheels, just as far out as my 4" BS... i was referring about using them simply to gain track width, and going wider does add strain, it's simple physics of leverage and weight distribution.
With strong enough parts it doesn't matter.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #804
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
With strong enough parts it doesn't matter.
well i dont think any of us can count stock tj or xj axles as 'strong enough" lol

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #805
Red_Raider911
1998 TJ Wrangler 

2" HD OME Springs / 1" BL on 35" KM2(s)
Red_Raider911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #806
SideshowBob024
1997 TJ Wrangler 

^^ You stole my plans. Looks great.
SideshowBob024 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #807
criket
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSahara00 View Post
2.5 lift and a homebrew highline..
Do you or someone else have a build thread on this homebrew highline?

I can't do it on my 05 Grand but I would like to know. (Just for my personal knowledge, lol)
2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG antenna mount | Rola roof
criket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #808
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Red Raider, how much did you trim on the rear if at all? Do you have adjustable control arms sye cv ds?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2011, 12:40 PM   #809
JSahara00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Its easy cut the hood raise the fenders.. google diy highline should pop up on pirate4x4

Unread 04-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #810
Red_Raider911
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864
Red Raider, how much did you trim on the rear if at all? Do you have adjustable control arms sye cv ds?
No cutting , but will be in future. Yes all uppers and lowers are adjustable. Sye done with teraflex belly up.
Red_Raider911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.