35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps) - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > 35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps)

Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadOconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!

Unread 04-07-2011, 12:00 AM   #781
Monster747
2000 TJ Wrangler 

before

and after

11.jpg   13.jpg  
Monster747 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2011, 12:07 AM   #782
jeepdog5
1993 YJ Wrangler 

damn. was it a hit or a roll?
jeepdog5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2011, 12:28 AM   #783
SKINUM
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdog5 View Post
damn. was it a hit or a roll?
Judging by the hood marks a roll.
SKINUM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2011, 07:28 AM   #784
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Looks like a hit on the front drivers side pushing the bumper and axle back and then a roll onto the passenger side.

Hope everyone in the jeep is ok.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2011, 08:29 AM   #785
havoc64

2004 TJ Wrangler 

OUCH GAWD, I hope everyone was ok. Are you parting the jeep out or did the insurance company take it? Did you get an underwriter with your insurance company for your mods?

/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)
Yellow Jeep Club Member #64
-2004 Wrangler Rubicon-2 Inch BDS Lift-BDS Shocks and Steering Stabilizer-JKS Front Quick Disconnects-Smittybilt XRC Rock Crawler Front Bumper-Smittybilt XRC Rock Crawler Rear Bumper with Tire Swing-Smittybilt XRC-8 Comp Series Winch-MetalCloak Overline Front Fenders and Rockers-Factory Hard Top-Bestop Safari Top with no-Drill Channel-4.0 Straight 6-15" Mickey Thompson Signature Series Classic II Wheels on 35x12.50 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's.
- My Yella' 04 Rubicon Build Thread -
havoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #786
Kowalski512
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ouch. Do you have pics of the front compartment maybe from the driverside looking in?
Unread 04-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #787
Monster747
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I am not allow to touch it, after AAA doing a walk around.
Monster747 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #788
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Did the crash knock the light covers off?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/...nside-1193044/

Guy takes Jeep into woods, drives over rocks, has Jeep ruined by highschoolers on the road
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #789
Lamont_24
1999 TJ Wrangler 

2 inch Zone Offroad BB with 4 inch lift shocks
TNT highlines
Theyre technically not on yet, still need adapters. And Then off to trimming the rear wheel wells!
[COLOR="Indigo"]Purple Jeep Club member #13[/COLOR]
Lamont_24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #790
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont_24 View Post
TNT highlines
Theyre technically not on yet, still need adapters. And Then off to trimming the rear wheel wells!
Badassery.
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #791
julietkilo
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
My Jeep is mildly stretched, and is substantially wider than a stock TJ. For every inch I went up, I went almost an inch out in all directions. Admittedly, I am higher than I'd like to be, but after 2-3 more small mods the 37's will be on, and I'll be able to lower my jeep even more still.
I noticed you are running the 63" wide JK axles. With the extra width you are getting extra beef from the Rubicons beefier parts. They are substantial I have had both TJ's and my Rubi JK. Jeep nailed the drivetrain down right when they built the JK rubicon.

Anyway. If you are running any kind of backspacing that places your wheels outside the stock backspacing and/or using 1.5" wheel spacers. You would be at the same 63" as the JK axle. The TJ is around 60" plus 1.5" each side equals 63". So keeping a LCOG can be as effective as adding wheel spacers.

Just an observation.

Air Force Loadmaster/Air Force Jeep Club [B]#12[/B]
[B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/i-am-petersens-4wheel-off-road-magazine-pics-526488/"]Me in Petersons 4-Wheel Off-Road Magazine[/URL]
[/B][/SIZE]
julietkilo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2011, 02:11 PM   #792
julietkilo
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont_24 View Post

TNT highlines
have you had to replace your wheel bearings with that offset/tire combo. I have experienced the need to swap them out anually with heaving wheeling in the past.

jack up a tire off the ground and pull/push it away from you, if there is too much wiggle inspect/repack/replace the hub bearings.

Nice rig.

Air Force Loadmaster/Air Force Jeep Club [B]#12[/B]
[B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/i-am-petersens-4wheel-off-road-magazine-pics-526488/"]Me in Petersons 4-Wheel Off-Road Magazine[/URL]
[/B][/SIZE]
julietkilo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #793
Lamont_24
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Badassery.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by julietkilo View Post
have you had to replace your wheel bearings with that offset/tire combo. I have experienced the need to swap them out anually with heaving wheeling in the past.

jack up a tire off the ground and pull/push it away from you, if there is too much wiggle inspect/repack/replace the hub bearings.

Nice rig.
Theyre actually not on yet. I have to get adapters for differant bolt patterns. But I will definatly look out for those problems when I get them on. Thanks for the tip and compliment!
[COLOR="Indigo"]Purple Jeep Club member #13[/COLOR]
Lamont_24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #794
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietkilo View Post
Anyway. If you are running any kind of backspacing that places your wheels outside the stock backspacing and/or using 1.5" wheel spacers. You would be at the same 63" as the JK axle. The TJ is around 60" plus 1.5" each side equals 63". So keeping a LCOG can be as effective as adding wheel spacers.

Just an observation.
not true sir, yes same width, but adding spacers to a tj width axle puts more strain on your balljoints, steering and unit bearings. having a wider axle itself allows you to run a wheel with more back spacing which distributes load better in those vital key areas = stronger jeep

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #795
DeadManWalking
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyboy2001 View Post
http://www.jeepforum.com/gallery/data/8/jeeptj1.JPG

homemade highline and 2" lift on 37's. this is before i did any cutting in the rear.
Hey, would you be so kind as to expand on your statement "homemade highline and 2" lift on 37's" I get the part of the 2" lift and I know what 37's" are so . . .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.