35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps) - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > 35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 06-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #61
attworth
1979 CJ7 

No CJ's? I was wondering how flat fenders might look on a stock-ish height CJ.

attworth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #62
njbowhntr
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dketten View Post
ok i see a computer enhanced picture of a lift spring? wtf? you need atleast 1 or 2 inches of up travel if you actually did anything besides parking lot curbs and dirt fire trails you would know that, but hey whatever floats your boat
So you think that LCG builds are only for people that do not ride over anything bigger than a curb? You are pretty good at assuming.
Unread 06-29-2009, 08:48 PM   #63
AlTheKillerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dketten View Post
ok i see a computer enhanced picture of a lift spring? wtf? you need atleast 1 or 2 inches of up travel if you actually did anything besides parking lot curbs and dirt fire trails you would know that, but hey whatever floats your boat

yeah zero up travel that spot is taller than my 35" tires
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2009, 10:20 PM   #64
zachbh
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So what if its computer enhanced, it still shows the shock properly mounted in the inverted position. Same with the RE monotubes and a few others. And you should probably have more than 1 or 2 inches of uptravel, otherwise your going to be damaging your shocks pretty quickly if you go out on a trail. Now, back to the thread, let's stop ranting.

Last edited by zachbh; 06-30-2009 at 09:21 AM..
zachbh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2009, 01:29 AM   #65
lukethedork
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlTheKiller View Post

yeah zero up travel that spot is taller than my 35" tires
That picture proves nothing.
Please explain to me WHY you need any uptravel to do that? Downtravel will keep your tires on the ground while flexed up.
lukethedork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2009, 11:02 AM   #66
AlTheKillerr

the guy was complaining about having the shocks mounted the way they are in the computer enhanced picture saying you wont get any uptravel. which isnt true. i have mine mounted that way and have more than enough up travel. im not saying you want a ton of up travel just that you do have some when mounting the shocks that way
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2009, 11:17 AM   #67
AngusTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

LCG JEEPS NO MORE BICKERING!!

For those who dont understand an LCG Jeep..leave this thread and go do your research. if you refuse to do so, then dont come on here shooting off your mouth about knowing what you dont. curbs and stuff.. haha

back to Jeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjleslie03 View Post
I know how bad the D35 is in the rear, but would it be bad to have one in the front?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostj View Post
yes, you wouldn't be able to steer
98' TJ, 4" Superlift, JKS 1.25" BL/ 1" MML, 8k Gorilla winch, Cowl intake, D30 Aussie, shafts/D44 Powertraxx, shafts (4.56's), Rusty's Adj CA's front/ RE Adj CA's rear, Recessed tails, sway discnct'd, 152 db train horns, 34x10.5 LTB's Amer Rac/36x13.5 Irok's Streetlocks, Grenade shifter, Pioneer deck/speakers, Warn bumpers, KC upper lite mts/Slim lites, EBC yellows, 40 series Flowmaster, couple tasteful more ...
AngusTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #68
MattGATRTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusTJ View Post
LCG JEEPS NO MORE BICKERING!!

For those who dont understand an LCG Jeep..leave this thread and go do your research. if you refuse to do so, then dont come on here shooting off your mouth about knowing what you dont. curbs and stuff.. haha

back to Jeeps
X2

BTW dketten

I posted a picture for you since you obviously do not know anything about jeep suspension. Companys have to make these enhanced pictures for morons, so they dont mount their shock like this --------

Also I dont ride fire roads, only go to legal offroad parks
MattGATRTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #69
MattGATRTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Heres is one of my personal favorites.

MattGATRTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #70
thisgardengrove
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGATRTJ View Post
Heres is one of my personal favorites.

what year range CJ did you get the marker lights? i'm tired of my led's and how dim they are in the daylight. want to put some old school CJ marker lights in, they have a really good look to them. great looking jeep!
thisgardengrove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2009, 12:58 AM   #71
mdo817
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Alberts Jeep makes me moist, True LCG, with awsome flex.
1992 YJ, Project In Work,Frame Off Done, Repainted, Herculined Interior, Back on the road.Self Fab'd front/rear bumpers & tire carrie,MM SE9500,lot's of Susp. 1" BDL,BrandonYJ Boomerangs, 33X10.5 BFG M/T, 4.0 AX-15,8.8 LSD,4.10 Gears, ARB Up Front,P/S Rocker Knockers with slider. 90 YJ now turned into a parts Jeep.
2006 WK 4X4, Wifes Ride (Grandkid hauler)
1995 YJ,4.0, AX-15, Bone Stock Wifes Toy
mdo817 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2009, 01:45 AM   #72
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

does he drive it on the road?
bebout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #73
nriver
2011 JK Wrangler 

my poser shots, suspension on the jeep at the time: OME ZJ/LJ springs, stock bumpstops up front extra 2" in the rear, OME shocks.

Unread 07-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #74
AngusTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

1" and Belly up.. looks good

Found this on google real quick to inspire people

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjleslie03 View Post
I know how bad the D35 is in the rear, but would it be bad to have one in the front?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostj View Post
yes, you wouldn't be able to steer
98' TJ, 4" Superlift, JKS 1.25" BL/ 1" MML, 8k Gorilla winch, Cowl intake, D30 Aussie, shafts/D44 Powertraxx, shafts (4.56's), Rusty's Adj CA's front/ RE Adj CA's rear, Recessed tails, sway discnct'd, 152 db train horns, 34x10.5 LTB's Amer Rac/36x13.5 Irok's Streetlocks, Grenade shifter, Pioneer deck/speakers, Warn bumpers, KC upper lite mts/Slim lites, EBC yellows, 40 series Flowmaster, couple tasteful more ...
AngusTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #75
Topgun514
1988 XJ Cherokee 

uptravel only matters for like, 2 inches when your driving over a speed bump at 50. Downtravel is the only thing that matters wheeling because when you go over a rock, your entire jeep flexes and other side droops down.

Check out KTMRacers old thread in JF where he put donuts and 4 inch lift then a 2 inch lift and 37s on his Xj, he got the same mark on his ramp
3.5" Lift, RE SF LCA's with skids, 31x10.50R15 Duratracs, ARB Roofrack, Custom Bumper, Glasspack, Bored TB, Custom seats
Topgun514 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.