35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps) - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > 35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps)

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 01-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #241
emev0l
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergoat View Post
It may be hard to believe but everything you read on the internet is not always true. The trussed super 35 in my old jeep held up great,I never had a problem with it. There are alot of forum members that have seen pics of how the jeep was used and it wasnt always pretty.
Very true, a stock D35 might be just about worthless, but you can build them into something that can run 35's all day long, you also have more clearance than a D44.

There is a lot to it, when it's all said and done all your using is the D35 axle housing, all of the internals are replaced.

1970 Cutlass 442 468CID TH400
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
emev0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 01:43 AM   #242
Sgt_Utz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Found this on another thread...

Exact opposite of a LCG Jeep. I still can't decide if this thing is cool or not. Definatly good craftsmanship at least. This thing would be very unstable if it was sidways!

Sgt_Utz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 01:50 AM   #243
Sgt_Utz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I said earlier I was going to post pics. Well these are old but I can't seem to get new one's. It's got different wheels, front bumper, winch, and a 1" body lift done since these pictures were taken (yes it's had 3 sets of wheels on it ).

Unread 01-02-2010, 01:03 PM   #244
xtremescootr
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Utz View Post
Found this on another thread...

Exact opposite of a LCG Jeep. I still can't decide if this thing is cool or not. Definatly good craftsmanship at least. This thing would be very unstable if it was sidways!

i'll say it lol, that thing is horrendous
xtremescootr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #245
azatrox
2006 LJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=Sgt_Utz;8599999]I said earlier I was going to post pics. Well these are old but I can't seem to get new one's. It's got different wheels, front bumper, winch, and a 1" body lift done since these pictures were taken (yes it's had 3 sets of wheels on it ).

Looks great in that pic! 315/75/16's?
What size lift in the pic?
Would love to see an updated pic of this one with the bumper and 1" BL.
Still running the Moabs?
azatrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #246
mikeb683
2005 TJ Wrangler 

^^^^ i love this jeep
mikeb683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #247
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've been debating whether or not to post mine or not... it's reasonably LCG... about 4" + 1" BL on 40" tires. Honestly I would like it an inch lower, but the front Chevy diff being on the passenger side makes that an issue, the driveshaft will be very close to the starter when I get one built. I've gotta wait until I raise the motor ANOTHER inch(2" MML) and cut some of the tub to move my D300 t-case up so I can build a crossmember and flat or flattish skid plate.

In that flex pic the front is doing all the work(leafs in rear)... I have just added bumpstops in the rear for about 1.5" uptravel so I anticipate that will force the rear to start drooping when flexed like that. I can max out a 48" high lift raising the rear bumper... tires stay on the ground

It's daily drivable now, nowhere near ready to wheel. It's a work in progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #248
ZJeepMI
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander757 View Post
Hmm, usually its the other way around. What makes it not wheelable? Very cool Jeep anyway, one of my favorite on the board. Are you going to tow it to the trails or drive it?
1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2" lift, 31's, V8, NP242...
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Stock, 230K miles.
ZJeepMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #249
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJeepMI View Post
Hmm, usually its the other way around. What makes it not wheelable? Very cool Jeep anyway, one of my favorite on the board. Are you going to tow it to the trails or drive it?
I want to get rid of the stock "shovel" and build a flat skid... to do that I need to move the motor up another inch(2" MML total), hammer/cut up the tub to move my D300 up higher, upgrade the front output so I can run a 1350 yoke at the t-case and 1410 or 1350 at the pinion, THEN I have to measure for a driveshaft to be built. I may try going ultra ghetto and build it from square tube but we'll see. Toyota guys seem to do it all the time.

Also need to build shifters for my D300... I'm holding off on doing that until the t-case is moved further up... don't want to build them and then have them not fit. I need to FIRST build a complete OBA system as I want to build some ultra pimpin pneumatic air shifters for it. If I don't have room for the pneumatic rams I'll have to resort to cable shifters. I could remotely mount the air shifters then.

Also need to get hydraulic assist setup for my steering. It's okay for driving around but I don't want to break the sector shaft trying to offroad without it.

And I will probably be buying a hydroboost setup for the brakes soon as well... I called MrBlaine and with the 40s that will probably be what is needed to really lock up the tires at will at any speed. I am going to experiment with a smaller master cylinder as that is significantly cheaper for the time being, but definitely plan on hydroboost.

I've run out of money

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #250
Turner
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I may try going ultra ghetto and build it from square tube but we'll see. Toyota guys seem to do it all the time.
Yep. Done it a bunch on Toyotas and it works great. With your wheelbase I wouldn't forsee any problem. What is the distance for the front shaft?
1970 Ford Bronco302, dana 30, 9", 3 on the tree, show stopper.
Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #251
Turner
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergoat View Post
It may be hard to believe but everything you read on the internet is not always true. The trussed super 35 in my old jeep held up great,I never had a problem with it. There are alot of forum members that have seen pics of how the jeep was used and it wasnt always pretty.
Not being disrespectful or anything, just wondering. I sheared a few teeth off my ring and pinion in my YJ with a 2.5, and 33x10.50s. Then got that fixed, and busted another set. After that, I replaced it, then sold it. I won't put another dime into a D35.

Now don't get me wrong, I have heard nothing but good things about the super 35, but the ring gear diameter does not increase, and seeing as how your jeep looks as if it could take a wicked amount of abuse, I would assume the rear, and even the front would be weak links in a fantastic build. Not knockin ya, I was just curious.
1970 Ford Bronco302, dana 30, 9", 3 on the tree, show stopper.
Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 11:21 PM   #252
Sgt_Utz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=azatrox;8602419]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Utz View Post
I said earlier I was going to post pics. Well these are old but I can't seem to get new one's. It's got different wheels, front bumper, winch, and a 1" body lift done since these pictures were taken (yes it's had 3 sets of wheels on it ).

Looks great in that pic! 315/75/16's?
What size lift in the pic?
Would love to see an updated pic of this one with the bumper and 1" BL.
Still running the Moabs?
Thank you, and Yes
2" BB in the pic
I'll try to get one soon. The Jeep is a light tan color right now
No. I'm running Cragar V5's painted silver with Liberty center caps. 35x12.5r15. I needed more backspacing, as you can tell from the pic they tuck under it too much and rubbed when turning. Amazing what 1" more backspacing will do!
Unread 01-03-2010, 10:42 PM   #253
Sgt_Utz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Here's the only picture I have of the current setup and this was one of the other guys pics. This was at Tahuya in Washington on the 2nd. Total of 13 Jeeps and 2 Toyota's. The 4Runner was a beast and ran through the rock garden smashing into everything and almost flipped, while the new FJ pussed out at the first sign of something "advanced" (just a decline with big holes).

My headlight rings are out because I never put them back in after the body lift because I need to aim the headlights...
Unread 01-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #254
JeepNazi101
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I've been debating whether or not to post mine or not... it's reasonably LCG... about 4" + 1" BL on 40" tires. Honestly I would like it an inch lower, but the front Chevy diff being on the passenger side makes that an issue, the driveshaft will be very close to the starter when I get one built. I've gotta wait until I raise the motor ANOTHER inch(2" MML) and cut some of the tub to move my D300 t-case up so I can build a crossmember and flat or flattish skid plate.

In that flex pic the front is doing all the work(leafs in rear)... I have just added bumpstops in the rear for about 1.5" uptravel so I anticipate that will force the rear to start drooping when flexed like that. I can max out a 48" high lift raising the rear bumper... tires stay on the ground

There are wayyy to many rigs running twice the ammount of lift as you to run 40's. Yours has a good stance.

The "shovel" as you put it will be my NEXT project. I did some hard wheelin as well as some rock crawling on an R rock coarse this weekend. I did hit my belly pan a few times. Tuck that baby up as high as possible than BEAT THE SNOT OUTTA THAT RIG!!

http://offroadiowa.com/
http://www.4x4syndicate.com/

i has a kool buggy
JeepNazi101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #255
MC_NickP
1998 TJ Wrangler 

im not a big fan of the high line fenders. it makes it look like the jeep is doing this
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club #178

build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...4/#post9499802
MC_NickP is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.