35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps) - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > 35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps)

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 12-30-2009, 10:41 AM   #226
Sgt_Utz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emev0l View Post
AEV suggests running a 3" suspension with there high line kit and 35" tires, I really haven't seen enough pictures of them to say exactly how much they would need.

Are you still running stock shocks with the 2" BB?
Yes they recommend a 3" lift. I have a body lift to get the extra 1".

I have factory front shocks and OME rear shocks (rattle canned black). The factory shocks only had about 1/2" of uptravel so it was very rough (slammed hard) going over every little bump.

Sgt_Utz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #227
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
AEV suggests running a 3" suspension with there high line kit and 35" tires, I really haven't seen enough pictures of them to say exactly how much they would need.

Are you still running stock shocks with the 2" BB?
That's a ridiculous amount of room for 35's. When I highline my fenders, I'll have room for 40's and I'm only on 2.5" of lift.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #228
silvergoat
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
That's a ridiculous amount of room for 35's. When I highline my fenders, I'll have room for 40's and I'm only on 2.5" of lift.
I agree, here my old jeep on 35's with 2.5 inchs of suspension and a 1" body lift. If I would have went with highlines I could have fit some big *** tires under it.

There's the right wheelbase for every obstacle and the right obstacle for every wheelbase.
silvergoat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2009, 01:44 PM   #229
pjku79
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I agree with them. I dont have highlines, but custom ones similar to them and I have plenty of room for my 35s with a 2.5" lift and no body lift
Unread 12-31-2009, 09:34 AM   #230
emev0l
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Utz View Post
I have an Orange '05 Rubi Unlimited with the AEV Highline kit, with 2" BB lift and 1" body lift. I didn't want to put on a body lift but had to until I can build a real lift for it as it rubbed REALLY bad. 3" is perfect (trying to keep the lift to a minimum) with the highline and it doesn't rub at all and flexes very well

Now I'm running 3" with a highline kit, how are you guys doing this without one? Just really minimizing uptravel? Mine has a lot of uptravel...

I'll try to get pics soon...

Where were you rubbing with the 2" BB?

Did you trim the rear:
1970 Cutlass 442 468CID TH400
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
emev0l is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2009, 09:47 AM   #231
emev0l
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
I really wouldn't say it's a ridiculous amount of room, 2" would probably be just right, AEV doesn't make 2" springs which is probably why they tell you to run 3". They also want you to trim the body on the insides of there fender flairs with less than 3" of lift for 35's. So there saying run 3" without trimming the body or less lift with trimming the body.

Your running 2.5" springs and at least a 1" body lift, and I think a 1" spacer up front, we can call that 3.5" of lift.
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
Unread 12-31-2009, 10:04 AM   #232
silvergoat
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Your running 2.5" springs and at least a 1" body lift, and I think a 1" spacer up front, we can call that 3.5" of lift.
If your talking about my old jeep, I have never run a 1" spacer.

There's the right wheelbase for every obstacle and the right obstacle for every wheelbase.
Unread 12-31-2009, 10:06 AM   #233
emev0l
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergoat View Post
If your talking about my old jeep, I have never run a 1" spacer.

Nope, imped4now's TJ

1999 7.3 Powerstroke

Last edited by emev0l; 12-31-2009 at 10:19 AM..
Unread 12-31-2009, 10:33 PM   #234
Turner
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergoat View Post
I agree, here my old jeep on 35's with 2.5 inchs of suspension and a 1" body lift. If I would have went with highlines I could have fit some big *** tires under it.

Man I see some trick parts, but seriously were you running dana 30 and dana 35 combos??? Not knocking, it just seems like you would upgrade the 35 at least. Thats a wicked looking rig. I would race it like crazy.
1970 Ford Bronco302, dana 30, 9", 3 on the tree, show stopper.
Turner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2009, 11:37 PM   #235
xtremescootr
1991 YJ Wrangler 

no disrespect but i dont get you lcg guys. i mean some of this stuffs crazy. i mean lifts help clear the mid section of the jeep, but what do i know i from FL, we dont necessarily need to worry about gravity haha.
xtremescootr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2010, 12:29 AM   #236
G-MANtj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy View Post
i thought it stood for xtreme joke
nah it's the extra jeep. for when you need to get the groceries.
|---L-o||||||o-
()_)-()_)-o-()_)
G-MANtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2010, 06:10 AM   #237
MattGATRTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremescootr View Post
no disrespect but i dont get you lcg guys. i mean some of this stuffs crazy. i mean lifts help clear the mid section of the jeep, but what do i know i from FL, we dont necessarily need to worry about gravity haha.
There are other ways of adding belly clearance without lifting your vehicle off the axles...like 40s, 42s, 44s, etc
MattGATRTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2010, 09:10 AM   #238
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremescootr View Post
It is for guys that are crawling and not for the mud guys. With a low COG the jeep is extremely stable even while off camber. I know I had spent alot of time tuning my old system and I only flopped once with it. A good setup requires alot more than just slapping some random 2" springs and some random shocks.

Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2010, 09:14 AM   #239
xtremescootr
1991 YJ Wrangler 

it seems like it gets pretty intense too, what with some guys going as far as cutting the frame and pushing transfer cases up into the body more. too much work for me but if i was more of a techy and lived out west i'd guess i'd be doing the same thing
xtremescootr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #240
silvergoat
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner View Post
Man I see some trick parts, but seriously were you running dana 30 and dana 35 combos??? Not knocking, it just seems like you would upgrade the 35 at least. Thats a wicked looking rig. I would race it like crazy.
It may be hard to believe but everything you read on the internet is not always true. The trussed super 35 in my old jeep held up great,I never had a problem with it. There are alot of forum members that have seen pics of how the jeep was used and it wasnt always pretty.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.