Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps)

2M views 4K replies 623 participants last post by  NYGLT56 
#1 ·
I want to see what you have. Looking for ideas. My goal is to run 35s w/ 2" suspension and 1" body, tube fenders, limit the up travel, cut the rear a bit.

BTW I have a TJ, I dont care to see other jeeps.

#5 ·
My jeep has no extensions on the bumpstops, So I'm still getting 100% of the stock uptravel.
I also have shocks suited to 2" of lift (OME), So I'm getting an additional 2" of down travel.
So with my 35" tires I'm maxing out my 2" OME shocks (in both compression and extension). This is the same as someone with 31" tires and 2" OME shocks would be doing...
Can you really not see the benefit of bigger tires?

#9 ·
yeah, i've heard that before. i'm running open diff's and an auto tranny for now, so that with a little throttle control should help it last for now. also, my 305 is wounded (sticking valve). we'll see how long the rear lasts after i swap to the 350 i built for it.

#10 ·
Unforunately some guys who haven't been around wheeling long think that the flex is the only way to wheel... Those Ramp queen days are a thing of the past. It doesn't matter how much flex you have. 3-4 inches uptravel is optimum, droop is where its at. Thats why I personally am a fan of leafs, but Lukethedorks setup is amazing. If I had a TJ that is very similar to what I would do. Proper wheel placement, ground clearance and a drivetrain that can handle your setup will take you a long long way. Low Center of Gravity rigs aren't new at all but it seems as most large companies steer you away from small lifts. Offering 4, 5, 6 inch lifts and higher are mainstream and for some reason sell. The more you research the more you will want to stay around the LCG. A jeep on 35's can tackle almost any trail in the continental U.S.

#157 ·
are those 16" procomp street locks? and whats the backspacing???

#17 ·
that's cool and all but sometimes you need the extra lift to get over obstacles... here in nc at places like uwharrie, tellico and such...you would be getting hung up all the time w/ all the jagged edges of the rocks around here...

#18 ·
He does wheel those places and doesn't have a problem with it. He still will have around 16-17" under the belly which is more than enough for 35's.

#19 ·
I actually do wheel this jeep, so I know what I want and need. As some people may know, its one mod at a time. Just happen to be time for tires. I will post some flex shots soon enough. Still got lots to do.

I have been to all the places here in the south. I did get hung up quite a bit with the 32s. Now that I have 35s I have increased, belly clearance and diff clearance.

Limiting the uptravel a tad is not going to hurt the flex that much.

I plan on relocating the shocks, highlining the hood with tube fenders and trimming up the rear with full corners.

Do you not think taller tires increase clearance? :rofl:

I think I would get more hung up in a liberty.:shhh:

#24 ·
This is definitely my plan, as well, and will be contributing to the thread when I get 35s. I currently have the RC 2.5" lift (got full 2.5" out of it), 3/4" spacers up front, and will be going with a 1" BL, trimming the fenders, and going with 35" KM2s. Rokmen TT and gas tank skid will join.

#32 ·
Need a little direction from the pros

Hey all. I have an 08 Wrangler X, two door. Am wanting to put 33's or 35's on her. I figure I will need from 2.5" to 3" of lift. What would be the best way to do this? And no body lift please. I wont be doing any rock crawling, mainly sand and mud.

#36 ·
Hey all. I have an 08 Wrangler X, two door. Am wanting to put 33's or 35's on her. I figure I will need from 2.5" to 3" of lift. What would be the best way to do this? And no body lift please. I wont be doing any rock crawling, mainly sand and mud.
Most, if not all, low COG jeeps have body mods to allow more up travel. But, I'm guessing due to the fact your jeeps a 2008 you're not going to want to cut it up or get tube fenders on there right away. 2" should clear 33s no problem.

#40 ·
you know sure if you go in big enough tire size and all you do is rock where low and wide matte sure go w/ the no lift type build... but not for a muti-purpose rig... you need some body height....oh and i mean from the suspension not tire size

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.