35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps) - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > 35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps)

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 12-29-2009, 12:22 PM   #211
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirefryer93 View Post
It stands for Xtreme Jeep.

Don't ALL TJs qualify as LCG?
Everything hangs so low on them....
i thought it stood for xtreme joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2009, 02:08 PM   #212
emev0l
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNazi101 View Post
Low COG is the name of my game.

1" BL
I don't believe there to be much/if any suspension lift. I had to notch the frame in the front because the tie rods and hi steer arms were higher than the bottom of the frame. Now i did gain some "lift" due the increase in axle tube diameter. but i don't count that

Suspension is custom by me with 2" SAW air shocks.
42" iroks

Jeep wheels great, can be driven daily. Hell it's 0 degrees outside and i drove it 45 min to work today. Have done 80 on the highway.

That's one mean lookin SOB, do you have any pictures of the air shocks close up, how much up travel do you have?

Do you have any pics of it off road flexing at all, that's one of the better LCG builds I've seen.
1970 Cutlass 442 468CID TH400
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
emev0l is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #213
JeepNazi101
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emev0l View Post
That's one mean lookin SOB, do you have any pictures of the air shocks close up, how much up travel do you have?

Do you have any pics of it off road flexing at all, that's one of the better LCG builds I've seen.

The LJ is on 40's

I dont have any great pics of the air shocks

I have it set up for about 4" of up travel front and rear. Right now i have the front riding on the bumps so it drives better so its currently setup for 1 1/2-2" in the front.

http://offroadiowa.com/
http://www.4x4syndicate.com/

i has a kool buggy
JeepNazi101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2009, 02:18 PM   #214
emev0l
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

The LJ is on 40's

I dont have any great pics of the air shocks

I have it set up for about 4" of up travel front and rear. Right now i have the front riding on the bumps so it drives better so its currently setup for 1 1/2-2" in the front.

I'm pretty impressed, it looks like it gets it done off road, it looks like it flexes into the comp cuts really nicely. Any problems with the setup at all?
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
Unread 12-29-2009, 02:29 PM   #215
JeepNazi101
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm pretty impressed, it looks like it gets it done off road, it looks like it flexes into the comp cuts really nicely. Any problems with the setup at all?
Ya, i wanna ditch the front airshocks in favor of some coil overs and ditch the poly bumps for some air bumps. It also needs some gears. 4.10's and 42's don't play well together but the 5.3 helps to mediate things. a set of 5.38's is in the works as well as some piggy back coil overs. I also need to redo the belly pan. Its NEVER gonna be done.

i has a kool buggy
Unread 12-29-2009, 02:33 PM   #216
emev0l
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ya, i wanna ditch the front airshocks in favor of some coil overs and ditch the poly bumps for some air bumps. It also needs some gears. 4.10's and 42's don't play well together but the 5.3 helps to mediate things. a set of 5.38's is in the works as well as some piggy back coil overs. I also need to redo the belly pan. Its NEVER gonna be done.
Yeah I ran 44's on a pickup with 4.10 gears before, it drove down the road but that was about it lol

I've never played with air shocks I take it there a little weaker then coil overs?

5.38's will be sick in that light Jeep, are the axles locked?
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
Unread 12-29-2009, 02:36 PM   #217
JeepNazi101
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah I ran 44's on a pickup with 4.10 gears before, it drove down the road but that was about it lol

I've never played with air shocks I take it there a little weaker then coil overs?

5.38's will be sick in that light Jeep, are the axles locked?
Spooled and electric locker
Atlas 5.0
5.3 V8
4l60e

Coil overs are more stable, more rebound

i has a kool buggy
Unread 12-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #218
emev0l
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Spooled and electric locker
Atlas 5.0
5.3 V8
4l60e

Coil overs are more stable, more rebound
Very nice, thanks for the info on the coil overs/air shocks, very nice Jeep, I've had a very similar setup in mind for a future project after the 4 projects I have now are done.

Do you have a build thread on here?
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
Unread 12-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #219
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I love your motor choice, I'm really considering it for mine-years down the road when my motor dies. Has it always been big since the motor swap? or have you driven it in a smaller form with that motor? if so how did it do?

I've got a 5.3 suburban with 3.73's and stock 31's and i really like how it drives, I'd love for my jeep to have that kind of power-hopefully quicker but set up on 35's
-also just saw you have a 4l60e, how has that been holding up? my suburban has the same trans and it just crapped out, when getting rebuilt our buddy with a shop doing it saw it had a remanufactured tag on it and ran the numbers with GM and found out it was replaced with a reman at 60K and had a 60K mile warranty on it, but the truck has 130K now so no warranty.But that really gets me tho that its gone bad twice now.
Unread 12-29-2009, 02:44 PM   #220
JeepNazi101
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Very nice, thanks for the info on the coil overs/air shocks, very nice Jeep, I've had a very similar setup in mind for a future project after the 4 projects I have now are done.

Do you have a build thread on here?

Not here..........but i kinda have one here The hogg jeep - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

i has a kool buggy
Unread 12-29-2009, 02:47 PM   #221
JeepNazi101
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's View Post
I love your motor choice, I'm really considering it for mine-years down the road when my motor dies. Has it always been big since the motor swap? or have you driven it in a smaller form with that motor? if so how did it do?

I've got a 5.3 suburban with 3.73's and stock 31's and i really like how it drives, I'd love for my jeep to have that kind of power-hopefully quicker but set up on 35's
-also just saw you have a 4l60e, how has that been holding up? my suburban has the same trans and it just crapped out, when getting rebuilt our buddy with a shop doing it saw it had a remanufactured tag on it and ran the numbers with GM and found out it was replaced with a reman at 60K and had a 60K mile warranty on it, but the truck has 130K now so no warranty.But that really gets me tho that its gone bad twice now.

I have never run it on less than a 39.5" tire so far its good. But it needs regeared. Offroad with the 5:1 Atlas in low, its pretty good, but street it's not great. the WHOLE build, almost every piece of the jeep has 700 miles on it.

i has a kool buggy
Unread 12-30-2009, 03:18 AM   #222
Sgt_Utz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have an Orange '05 Rubi Unlimited with the AEV Highline kit, with 2" BB lift and 1" body lift. I didn't want to put on a body lift but had to until I can build a real lift for it as it rubbed REALLY bad. 3" is perfect (trying to keep the lift to a minimum) with the highline and it doesn't rub at all and flexes very well

Now I'm running 3" with a highline kit, how are you guys doing this without one? Just really minimizing uptravel? Mine has a lot of uptravel...

I'll try to get pics soon...
Sgt_Utz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2009, 07:10 AM   #223
MattGATRTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Utz View Post
I have an Orange '05 Rubi Unlimited with the AEV Highline kit, with 2" BB lift and 1" body lift. I didn't want to put on a body lift but had to until I can build a real lift for it as it rubbed REALLY bad. 3" is perfect (trying to keep the lift to a minimum) with the highline and it doesn't rub at all and flexes very well

Now I'm running 3" with a highline kit, how are you guys doing this without one? Just really minimizing uptravel? Mine has a lot of uptravel...

I'll try to get pics soon...
What tires are you running? I could fit a lot of tire with 3" & highlines. Do you have any additional bump stop?
MattGATRTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #224
Sgt_Utz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGATRTJ View Post
What tires are you running? I could fit a lot of tire with 3" & highlines. Do you have any additional bump stop?
35" KM2's. Yes the BB comes with extended bumpstops. Granted it wasn't designed for the highline, but it works perfect with the 1" body lift.
Sgt_Utz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2009, 09:20 AM   #225
emev0l
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Utz View Post
35" KM2's. Yes the BB comes with extended bumpstops. Granted it wasn't designed for the highline, but it works perfect with the 1" body lift.
AEV suggests running a 3" suspension with there high line kit and 35" tires, I really haven't seen enough pictures of them to say exactly how much they would need.

Are you still running stock shocks with the 2" BB?
1999 7.3 Powerstroke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.