35s or larger on 3" or less (LCG Jeeps) - Page 15 - JeepForum.com

 10Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 3456 Old 12-29-2009, 12:22 PM
jeepinmichguy_
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Sticks
Posts: 7,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirefryer93 View Post
It stands for Xtreme Jeep.

Don't ALL TJs qualify as LCG?
Everything hangs so low on them....
i thought it stood for xtreme joke


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #212 of 3456 Old 12-29-2009, 02:08 PM
emev0l
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNazi101 View Post
Low COG is the name of my game.

1" BL
I don't believe there to be much/if any suspension lift. I had to notch the frame in the front because the tie rods and hi steer arms were higher than the bottom of the frame. Now i did gain some "lift" due the increase in axle tube diameter. but i don't count that

Suspension is custom by me with 2" SAW air shocks.
42" iroks

Jeep wheels great, can be driven daily. Hell it's 0 degrees outside and i drove it 45 min to work today. Have done 80 on the highway.










That's one mean lookin SOB, do you have any pictures of the air shocks close up, how much up travel do you have?

Do you have any pics of it off road flexing at all, that's one of the better LCG builds I've seen.

2001 TJ 4.6 Auto 4.5" AEV suspension 35's
2002 TJ 4.0 Manual 3" BDS suspension 33's
1987 Chevy 1 Ton 12" suspension 44's
1970 Cutlass 442 468CID TH400
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
emev0l is offline  
post #213 of 3456 Old 12-29-2009, 02:15 PM
JeepNazi101
Registered User
 
JeepNazi101's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: IL
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by emev0l View Post
That's one mean lookin SOB, do you have any pictures of the air shocks close up, how much up travel do you have?

Do you have any pics of it off road flexing at all, that's one of the better LCG builds I've seen.





The LJ is on 40's



I dont have any great pics of the air shocks

I have it set up for about 4" of up travel front and rear. Right now i have the front riding on the bumps so it drives better so its currently setup for 1 1/2-2" in the front.

"Professional Driver on a Closed Course"

http://offroadiowa.com/
http://www.4x4syndicate.com/

i has a kool buggy
JeepNazi101 is offline  
post #214 of 3456 Old 12-29-2009, 02:18 PM
emev0l
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNazi101 View Post





The LJ is on 40's



I dont have any great pics of the air shocks

I have it set up for about 4" of up travel front and rear. Right now i have the front riding on the bumps so it drives better so its currently setup for 1 1/2-2" in the front.

I'm pretty impressed, it looks like it gets it done off road, it looks like it flexes into the comp cuts really nicely. Any problems with the setup at all?

2001 TJ 4.6 Auto 4.5" AEV suspension 35's
2002 TJ 4.0 Manual 3" BDS suspension 33's
1987 Chevy 1 Ton 12" suspension 44's
1970 Cutlass 442 468CID TH400
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
emev0l is offline  
post #215 of 3456 Old 12-29-2009, 02:29 PM
JeepNazi101
Registered User
 
JeepNazi101's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: IL
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by emev0l View Post
I'm pretty impressed, it looks like it gets it done off road, it looks like it flexes into the comp cuts really nicely. Any problems with the setup at all?
Ya, i wanna ditch the front airshocks in favor of some coil overs and ditch the poly bumps for some air bumps. It also needs some gears. 4.10's and 42's don't play well together but the 5.3 helps to mediate things. a set of 5.38's is in the works as well as some piggy back coil overs. I also need to redo the belly pan. Its NEVER gonna be done.

"Professional Driver on a Closed Course"

http://offroadiowa.com/
http://www.4x4syndicate.com/

i has a kool buggy
JeepNazi101 is offline  
post #216 of 3456 Old 12-29-2009, 02:33 PM
emev0l
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNazi101 View Post
Ya, i wanna ditch the front airshocks in favor of some coil overs and ditch the poly bumps for some air bumps. It also needs some gears. 4.10's and 42's don't play well together but the 5.3 helps to mediate things. a set of 5.38's is in the works as well as some piggy back coil overs. I also need to redo the belly pan. Its NEVER gonna be done.
Yeah I ran 44's on a pickup with 4.10 gears before, it drove down the road but that was about it lol

I've never played with air shocks I take it there a little weaker then coil overs?

5.38's will be sick in that light Jeep, are the axles locked?

2001 TJ 4.6 Auto 4.5" AEV suspension 35's
2002 TJ 4.0 Manual 3" BDS suspension 33's
1987 Chevy 1 Ton 12" suspension 44's
1970 Cutlass 442 468CID TH400
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
emev0l is offline  
post #217 of 3456 Old 12-29-2009, 02:36 PM
JeepNazi101
Registered User
 
JeepNazi101's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: IL
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by emev0l View Post
Yeah I ran 44's on a pickup with 4.10 gears before, it drove down the road but that was about it lol

I've never played with air shocks I take it there a little weaker then coil overs?

5.38's will be sick in that light Jeep, are the axles locked?
Spooled and electric locker
4.10
Atlas 5.0
5.3 V8
4l60e

Coil overs are more stable, more rebound

"Professional Driver on a Closed Course"

http://offroadiowa.com/
http://www.4x4syndicate.com/

i has a kool buggy
JeepNazi101 is offline  
post #218 of 3456 Old 12-29-2009, 02:40 PM
emev0l
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNazi101 View Post
Spooled and electric locker
4.10
Atlas 5.0
5.3 V8
4l60e

Coil overs are more stable, more rebound
Very nice, thanks for the info on the coil overs/air shocks, very nice Jeep, I've had a very similar setup in mind for a future project after the 4 projects I have now are done.

Do you have a build thread on here?

2001 TJ 4.6 Auto 4.5" AEV suspension 35's
2002 TJ 4.0 Manual 3" BDS suspension 33's
1987 Chevy 1 Ton 12" suspension 44's
1970 Cutlass 442 468CID TH400
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
emev0l is offline  
post #219 of 3456 Old 12-29-2009, 02:40 PM
jeepbro's
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wilmington
Posts: 2,739
I love your motor choice, I'm really considering it for mine-years down the road when my motor dies. Has it always been big since the motor swap? or have you driven it in a smaller form with that motor? if so how did it do?

I've got a 5.3 suburban with 3.73's and stock 31's and i really like how it drives, I'd love for my jeep to have that kind of power-hopefully quicker but set up on 35's
-also just saw you have a 4l60e, how has that been holding up? my suburban has the same trans and it just crapped out, when getting rebuilt our buddy with a shop doing it saw it had a remanufactured tag on it and ran the numbers with GM and found out it was replaced with a reman at 60K and had a 60K mile warranty on it, but the truck has 130K now so no warranty.But that really gets me tho that its gone bad twice now.

2002 tj sahara 3" lift 35" km2, AtoZ rockers, 8k warn, 4.56 gears, lock-rites front and rear
jeepbro's is offline  
post #220 of 3456 Old 12-29-2009, 02:44 PM
JeepNazi101
Registered User
 
JeepNazi101's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: IL
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by emev0l View Post
Very nice, thanks for the info on the coil overs/air shocks, very nice Jeep, I've had a very similar setup in mind for a future project after the 4 projects I have now are done.

Do you have a build thread on here?

Not here..........but i kinda have one here The hogg jeep - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

"Professional Driver on a Closed Course"

http://offroadiowa.com/
http://www.4x4syndicate.com/

i has a kool buggy
JeepNazi101 is offline  
post #221 of 3456 Old 12-29-2009, 02:47 PM
JeepNazi101
Registered User
 
JeepNazi101's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: IL
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's View Post
I love your motor choice, I'm really considering it for mine-years down the road when my motor dies. Has it always been big since the motor swap? or have you driven it in a smaller form with that motor? if so how did it do?

I've got a 5.3 suburban with 3.73's and stock 31's and i really like how it drives, I'd love for my jeep to have that kind of power-hopefully quicker but set up on 35's
-also just saw you have a 4l60e, how has that been holding up? my suburban has the same trans and it just crapped out, when getting rebuilt our buddy with a shop doing it saw it had a remanufactured tag on it and ran the numbers with GM and found out it was replaced with a reman at 60K and had a 60K mile warranty on it, but the truck has 130K now so no warranty.But that really gets me tho that its gone bad twice now.

I have never run it on less than a 39.5" tire so far its good. But it needs regeared. Offroad with the 5:1 Atlas in low, its pretty good, but street it's not great. the WHOLE build, almost every piece of the jeep has 700 miles on it.

"Professional Driver on a Closed Course"

http://offroadiowa.com/
http://www.4x4syndicate.com/

i has a kool buggy
JeepNazi101 is offline  
post #222 of 3456 Old 12-30-2009, 03:18 AM
Sgt_Utz
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 857
I have an Orange '05 Rubi Unlimited with the AEV Highline kit, with 2" BB lift and 1" body lift. I didn't want to put on a body lift but had to until I can build a real lift for it as it rubbed REALLY bad. 3" is perfect (trying to keep the lift to a minimum) with the highline and it doesn't rub at all and flexes very well

Now I'm running 3" with a highline kit, how are you guys doing this without one? Just really minimizing uptravel? Mine has a lot of uptravel...

I'll try to get pics soon...
Sgt_Utz is offline  
post #223 of 3456 Old 12-30-2009, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
MattGATRTJ
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Braselton
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Utz View Post
I have an Orange '05 Rubi Unlimited with the AEV Highline kit, with 2" BB lift and 1" body lift. I didn't want to put on a body lift but had to until I can build a real lift for it as it rubbed REALLY bad. 3" is perfect (trying to keep the lift to a minimum) with the highline and it doesn't rub at all and flexes very well

Now I'm running 3" with a highline kit, how are you guys doing this without one? Just really minimizing uptravel? Mine has a lot of uptravel...

I'll try to get pics soon...
What tires are you running? I could fit a lot of tire with 3" & highlines. Do you have any additional bump stop?
MattGATRTJ is offline  
post #224 of 3456 Old 12-30-2009, 08:58 AM
Sgt_Utz
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGATRTJ View Post
What tires are you running? I could fit a lot of tire with 3" & highlines. Do you have any additional bump stop?
35" KM2's. Yes the BB comes with extended bumpstops. Granted it wasn't designed for the highline, but it works perfect with the 1" body lift.
Sgt_Utz is offline  
post #225 of 3456 Old 12-30-2009, 09:20 AM
emev0l
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Utz View Post
35" KM2's. Yes the BB comes with extended bumpstops. Granted it wasn't designed for the highline, but it works perfect with the 1" body lift.
AEV suggests running a 3" suspension with there high line kit and 35" tires, I really haven't seen enough pictures of them to say exactly how much they would need.

Are you still running stock shocks with the 2" BB?

2001 TJ 4.6 Auto 4.5" AEV suspension 35's
2002 TJ 4.0 Manual 3" BDS suspension 33's
1987 Chevy 1 Ton 12" suspension 44's
1970 Cutlass 442 468CID TH400
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
emev0l is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
37" or larger minileprechaun Jeep Picture Requests 53 04-30-2015 08:49 AM
7" or Larger Lift Jeep4L1fe Jeep Picture Requests 37 07-03-2011 12:40 PM
36" and larger tires Brads_nky_yj Jeep Picture Requests 17 08-29-2008 03:50 AM
LJ's with 6" pocket-style flares w/ 32" or Larger Tires NavinRJohnson Jeep Picture Requests 0 10-04-2006 11:20 AM
How about some Monster Jeeps, 40" or larger JeepNazi101 Jeep Picture Requests 35 09-12-2006 07:01 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome