35" vs. 33" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > 35" vs. 33"

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 07-12-2005, 02:58 PM   #1
jmiller

35" vs. 33"

Does anyone have a picture of 35 next to 33 with a person in the picture. I want to upgrade tires, but I do not want to go to big, or to small. Thanks

jmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2005, 03:14 PM   #2
cspoffroad

Well here is the best pictures i have. They arent in the same picture

Rubicon on 35's

TJ on 33's

Skykacker 4inch, 33x12.50 BFG M/T's, kilby steering skid, optima red top, flowmaster 40 series, airaid intake and TBS, bestop bikini and halftop, lock-right in Dana 30

[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/665152/4]http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/665152/4[/URL]

"Are you locked up?

Yup, both doors!!!!"
cspoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2005, 04:31 PM   #3
themongoose5

4" 4WD lift. 33s
http://www.desta.info/temp/jeep%202.jpg
Unread 07-14-2005, 12:07 PM   #4
97TJGUZZY
1997 TJ Wrangler 

32s on the tj

35s on the xj...
Unread 07-14-2005, 12:12 PM   #5
richnev
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspoffroad
Well here is the best pictures i have. They arent in the same picture

Rubicon on 35's

TJ on 33's

What are the lifts on those two? I think it would help him out more if you included the lifts

ARMY TEAM MEMBER #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2 View Post
I just make a BOOP BEEP sound with my mouth (really loud) as I walk away from the jeep, and point the key at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by her94yj View Post
lets put it a way a kids will relate......its like a hooker.......... SURE a 15 dollar handy from a detroit toothless 60 year old can get it done....... but NO where is it as nice as the $5000 an hour goddess from vegas or hollywood

....... dont be that fat guy on the beach in the speedo you dont want to be "that guy"
richnev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2005, 12:17 PM   #6
LynchMOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97TJGUZZY

32s on the tj

35s on the xj...
WOW, How did you get those up their..... N E V E R M I N D their JEEPS!!! Great picture!!!
[FONT=Impact][SIZE=4][COLOR=YellowGreen]Parrothead Jeepers Union Member #20[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Yellow][B]Yellow Jeep Club Member #314[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
LynchMOB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2005, 01:49 PM   #7
supaasianpdjr
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just go with the 35's because eventually you will want to go bigger. Just save yourself the hassle... Just my .02 cents
supaasianpdjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2005, 02:01 PM   #8
cspoffroad

Quote:
What are the lifts on those two? I think it would help him out more if you included the lifts
The Rubicon has a 5.5 Rock Krawler LA (triangulated rear end) w/ 35

The TJ (mine) has a 4 inch Skyjacker SA with 33's

Skykacker 4inch, 33x12.50 BFG M/T's, kilby steering skid, optima red top, flowmaster 40 series, airaid intake and TBS, bestop bikini and halftop, lock-right in Dana 30

[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/665152/4]http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/665152/4[/URL]

"Are you locked up?

Yup, both doors!!!!"
cspoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2005, 02:28 PM   #9
red99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaasianpdjr
Just go with the 35's because eventually you will want to go bigger. Just save yourself the hassle... Just my .02 cents
I ewopuldnt say that w/o knowing what he is running... what gears hes running. what axles he has, steering, etc etc. Jumping to 35's requires more than one thinks.

If hes really asking this question then i think he should run 33's if its a choice between the 2

This post puts it in laymens (sp?) terms (talking about 35's):
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX_XJ
Boggers are some big, wide, heavy tires.

That new pair of shoes isn't going to fit on your Jeep's current feet (err, rims). You should get a wider rim (10") with less backspacing, or else your Jeep will stand around rubbing it's shoes against it's ankles.

Those heavy tires are also going to make your Jeep want to attack other cars. Sporty little go-fast cars will probably cut you off and slam on their brakes. I don't know why, but they do. You want to prevent your Jeep from seeking retaliation, so you are going to need some kind of brake upgrade.

They also have a tendency to make your Jeep lazy. Much like how lions (the king of the jungle) like to lie around all day... when you're Jeep becomes king of your neighborhood, it will begin to take it's sweet time getting places. You can fix this by regearing your differentials. There's much debate about what is perfect, but everyone agrees the stock 3.07 ratio is too high.

They are also going to want to make your Jeep hate itself. Big heavy tires will cause your Jeep to cause itself harm. Primarily, it is going to slit it's wrists (by that, I mean you are probably going to break your tie-rod). You are going to want to beef up your steering.

Sometimes, you may get unlucky and find that your Jeep just isn't strong enough to keep running. You need to give it some stronger legs ( a stronger rear axle) if your current legs (Dana 35) aren't strong enough.

You should also cover that god-awful midriff with some armor. How much? Well it depends. If your Jeep wants to go to war, get it some rockers, a steering box skid, an oil pan skid, and a gas-tank skid at the least, or else the enemy will gut your Jeep with their sharp weapons (rocks).

Don't forget your life-line! - a tow rope will be most helpful.

Later, you can accessorize.
Unread 07-14-2005, 09:39 PM   #10
crawldit
2005 TJ Wrangler 

How about 33's and 34's =) This is with 6" of lift
crawldit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2005, 05:31 PM   #11
Dave Taylor

Here is a Pic of my Jeep (5" Susp Lift, 1" Body Lift); with 33x12.5 Kumho MTs mounted: and New 35x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws sitting beside them

Here is a different angle:

Here's the measurement of the height difference:

Here is the Baja Claws shown after they were mounted (and Jeep in a rarely-seen clean state):

[b]Nashville, TN (Franklin)[/b]
Lon. 86'54.285' W
Lat. 35'58.310' N
Alt. 610'
Dave Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.