2005 TJ: OME 2" Lift + JKS 1.25 BL + 33s - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > 2005 TJ: OME 2" Lift + JKS 1.25 BL + 33s

New jk doors from steinjagerOconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 06-28-2012, 07:15 AM   #16
charlesrh
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice. Do you have an after shot too?

charlesrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #17
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

not yet, build is in progress

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #18
charlesrh
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks. I looked at your build, and it's going well.
Unread 07-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #19
charlesrh
2005 TJ Wrangler 

My friend, Jon, helped me add the OME 2" lift, and I bought the BFG's today. Don't think I need the body lift.

Unread 07-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #20
kelso1337
2003 TJ Wrangler 

^ nice.

Looks clean. But you might be able to get away with a 1" MML and 1" BL to get rid of your tummy spacers
kelso1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #21
charlesrh
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have those parts in my garage. Haven't decided if I'm going to put them on yet...maybe.
Unread 07-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #22
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks nice.

i needed the body lift to keep the front tires out of the fenders. flex out the front and chances are your going to run into the same thing. additionally, if/when you add weight to the front with a bumper and winch, the extra space will be nice to have. you could always go with a 3/4" spacer in the front to level it out some.

what OME lift did you go with? light, medium, HD?

how do you like the ride?

A Hokie build

Unread 07-02-2012, 05:57 AM   #23
charlesrh
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I went with the Medium. I may add the lift for these reasons and because my spare hits the rear bumper. It's riding really well and the new tires got rid of my death wobble. To "correct the geometry of the front," the guy that put on my tires said I should get a new front track bar bracket, pitman arm bracket and longer stabilizer links for the front, but I think it's riding fine. He didn't think the tires would cure the wobble, but so far, so good. Any thoughts there?

Thanks!
Unread 07-02-2012, 06:13 AM   #24
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesrh View Post
I went with the Medium. I may add the lift for these reasons and because my spare hits the rear bumper. It's riding really well and the new tires got rid of my death wobble. To "correct the geometry of the front," the guy that put on my tires said I should get a new front track bar bracket, pitman arm bracket and longer stabilizer links for the front, but I think it's riding fine. He didn't think the tires would cure the wobble, but so far, so good. Any thoughts there?

Thanks!
I'm not sure how much luck you will have with the tires solving your DW issue. typically the tires can start your DW, but something within your suspension is not quite right if your getting DW. your lift did not replace any of the items that would normally be associated with solving DW. typically the track bar can be the culprit. either the joints at the ends of the bar or the holes that the track bar bolts to. (they tend to wallow out when the DW forces the track bar violently back and forth)

DW can also be a control arm or tie rod end issue... so not one solution is a guarantee.

correct geometry for the front would include new control arms (all 8) to set pinion/caster angle and adjustable track bars. however, no front track bar bracket or droped pitman arm is reccomended. OEM sway bar links will be fine, however 2" longer ones arent going to hurt anything. i ran my OEM links for a while before replacing them with the Antirock swaybar.

edit: just to clarify, all 8 control arms are not required to run this lift, nor are adjustable track bars. they would be nice, but not an absolute necessity.

A Hokie build

Unread 07-02-2012, 06:18 AM   #25
charlesrh
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The DW began a couple years ago at 55mph with the stock setup. The Jeep mechanics took a look and thought it was the tires (one tire was definitely out of round). With the OME lift, I could still get the DW on cue when I hit 55mph. After the new tires, I can't get it to happen. I haven't re-calibrated the speedometer yet, but I tried to get a wobble from 50-60mph multiple times, and it rides fine. Strange...
Unread 07-02-2012, 06:29 AM   #26
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesrh View Post
The DW began a couple years ago at 55mph with the stock setup. The Jeep mechanics took a look and thought it was the tires (one tire was definitely out of round). With the OME lift, I could still get the DW on cue when I hit 55mph. After the new tires, I can't get it to happen. I haven't re-calibrated the speedometer yet, but I tried to get a wobble from 50-60mph multiple times, and it rides fine. Strange...
some people just get lucky i guess.

my wifes cherokee developed DW. and in my quest to fix it, I started with the cheapest part, the steering stabalizer. no, DW after 2 years of driving it, then we sold it.

were you truly getting DW or was it just a shimmy at 55?

A Hokie build

Unread 07-02-2012, 06:36 AM   #27
charlesrh
2005 TJ Wrangler 

DW. JVRuby was riding with me Saturday, so he can testify. If it really gets going, it feels like the Jeep is going to fly apart -- not fun.
Unread 07-02-2012, 06:41 AM   #28
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

sounds legit.

hopefully the tires keep it from coming back.

I like the look of the 33x10.5, sometimes i wish i went that way. sadly goodyear doesnt make 33x10's. ohh well.

A Hokie build

Unread 07-02-2012, 06:48 AM   #29
charlesrh
2005 TJ Wrangler 

My fingers are crossed...

Also, here's a pic of a front shock and spring.

Unread 07-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #30
charlesrh
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Here's a bad cell phone photo of the front suspension, taken when the Jeep was on the lift.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.