2 inch lift your Cherokee! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > 2 inch lift your Cherokee!

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 12-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
cwashka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

2 inch lift your Cherokee!

Im tryin to choose between only a 2" spacer/block lift or one with add-a-leafs in the back and blocks up front. Which is better and can i get away with just that, and no other modifications?! Send pics and say your tire size!

cwashka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
xjken99
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I am not going to try and tell you which is better because I really don't know. All I can do is tell you that I have had the Rocky Road Outfitters 2" budget boost on my XJ for about five years now. It has proven very durable and the ride quality has not changed. I have run 30" M/T's since the install and rubbing only occurs at max flex.

http://www.rocky-road.com/xjbudget.html

Unread 12-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
ohvkj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have spacers in the front and add a leaf rear. it's fine and i clear 30" tires. needed to trim just a little
Unread 12-17-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
MCObray

2.5" Full Old Man Emu suspension... rides oh smooth!
If you plan on bumping up your suspension in a year or so after you install the 2", I suggest you just go with a coil spacer and AAL. For me though, I know I wanted to keep this height for the next few years so I didn't mind spending a little bit more money on top notch suspension components.

Unread 12-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
cwashka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks a lot! I am was really considering the rocky road 2 inch lift, did you get the complete lift or the slightly cheaper one? and thanks I had really been wondering about if i needed to do any trimming with 30's. (to the second white Jeep) what did you trim?
Unread 12-18-2011, 11:22 PM   #6
MCObray

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwashka View Post
(to the second white Jeep) what did you trim?
No trimming needed. I rub a little at full turn on the control arms, but when flexed I am tucked in the wheel wells.
Unread 02-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #7
cwashka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Awesome, i forgot to respond to this, but thanks, I'm actually moving out to colorado from ohio, for a college transfer, and have been wanting a lift since Ive had the Jeep- I'm about to drive her 1000 miles to the school too, how important would new shocks be for this setup, it adds to price and i am unsure of how longs i'll be running this setup

-Cody
Unread 02-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #8
MCObray

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwashka
Awesome, i forgot to respond to this, but thanks, I'm actually moving out to colorado from ohio, for a college transfer, and have been wanting a lift since Ive had the Jeep- I'm about to drive her 1000 miles to the school too, how important would new shocks be for this setup, it adds to price and i am unsure of how longs i'll be running this setup

-Cody
From my understanding, shocks are one of the most important, if not the most important suspension components. Shocks can dramatically increase or decrease your ride so if your looking for a complete package, don't cheap out on shocks. OME and Bilstein are two the most preferred shocks it seems. I have no complaint with my OME shocks.
Unread 02-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #9
Brookhart63
1999 XJ Cherokee 

2.25 coil spacer and 2 inch shackles
[QUOTE=Driver831;13076990]Say what you want, a Dana 30 held up 53"s for a good while[/QUOTE]

My 3" to 4.5" to full width build-> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/brookhart63-build-thread-1224726/[/url]
Brookhart63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #10
sparkyB34
2006 TJ Wrangler 

before

after
sparkyB34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #11
raypla
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCObray View Post
2.5" Full Old Man Emu suspension... rides oh smooth!
If you plan on bumping up your suspension in a year or so after you install the 2", I suggest you just go with a coil spacer and AAL. For me though, I know I wanted to keep this height for the next few years so I didn't mind spending a little bit more money on top notch suspension components.
I consider my "base" OME lift as just that. When I want to go long arm etc. I'll add some JKS acos, + 1.5-3.75", in the front and OME AAL with, +1", shackle relocate, +1.5", and shackle, +1", in the back. That way your not buying parts multiple times and you can dial right in what your looking for.

I've beeen piecing my lift together for 5+ years, taking my time doing my research and ultimately buying when I can. First I bought my leafs and ran like that for 6-8mo then coils and discos for 6 or so mo. then tires etc. etc.

Stock:

5 years later:

Handling a load:

More pics found here http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k5...0XJ/?start=all
99 XJ 4.0 D30 29sp 8.25, IRO TB & HD Tie Rod, Kellys WIP main 5 wires 1AWG http://www.kelleyswip.com/price.html, Banks header, Stainless Magnaflow catback, cat, 2" OME lift, JC1B Leafs, OME sports, JKS discos, 30X9.5X15 BFG AT's, Fastman 62mmTB, Cibie E-codes with 55/60 Osram bulbs, Putco harness=JUNK!!, Alpine 7563 Deck, PWX 10" Cubby, JBL GTI 180.2 400wX1 rms, 6.5 Infinity Perfects , front PWX 6.5, Infinity ref amp 111wX4 rms, Optima Yellow, 100 sqft of http://store.secondskinaudio.com/damplifier/
raypla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 01:27 AM   #12
MCObray

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypla

I consider my "base" OME lift as just that. When I want to go long arm etc. I'll add some JKS acos, + 1.5-3.75", in the front and OME AAL with, +1", shackle relocate, +1.5", and shackle, +1", in the back. That way your not buying parts multiple times and you can dial right in what your looking for.

I've beeen piecing my lift together for 5+ years, taking my time doing my research and ultimately buying when I can. First I bought my leafs and ran like that for 6-8mo then coils and discos for 6 or so mo. then tires etc. etc.

Stock:

5 years later:

Handling a load:

More pics found here http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k5...0XJ/?start=all
Kudos to you raypla. I like how you structured your build and I feel like we have very similar minds when it comes to suspension. Keep up the good work!
Unread 02-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #13
EddieXJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I have 2" spacers up front and 1.5" Shackles in the back. I replaced the rear leafs with rancho springs because the stock ones were sagging horribly...I think they added around 1 inch of lift so I have like 2.5" in the back and 2" up front. I also trimmed extensively. I'm running 31x10.50's with no issues an ample room.

EddieXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #14
Brookhart63
1999 XJ Cherokee 

^ I didn't trim at all for 31's. Keep stock backspacing.
[QUOTE=Driver831;13076990]Say what you want, a Dana 30 held up 53"s for a good while[/QUOTE]

My 3" to 4.5" to full width build-> [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/brookhart63-build-thread-1224726/[/url]
Brookhart63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #15
EddieXJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I didn't HAVE to trim but I trimmed nonetheless as I will be lifting slightly higher and going to 33's. I went with 4" backspacing which was recommended...Stock backspacing is what? 5? 5.25? Wouldn't that cause it to be tucked back into the wheel well even more? Causing more potential rub?
EddieXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2 inch , cherokee , lift advice , picture request , xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.