1) Windshield mount lights 2) Jeep Hood Scoop - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Picture Requests > 1) Windshield mount lights 2) Jeep Hood Scoop

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 10-23-2008, 11:56 PM   #16
JeeperSC
2008 JK Wrangler 

Well I kinda like the hood scoop, Ill probabily get it whenever I order the lights. Im going with the KC Slims and that same scoop on the white jeep or one similar. It Should be fun finding a can of chrysler steel blue metallic paint. I bet a small bucket cost more then the scoop itself.. blah

Unread 11-30-2008, 11:10 AM   #17
TURBevO8
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome thread guys! I will admit I am new to Jeeps and actually am still in search of my own. But for Xmas I want to buy my brother some KC Daylighters, brackets, and stone guards to mount on his windsheild and these pics all look great! I am not really sure how I want to run the wires yet though so could you guys maybe snap some close up shots with how you routed the wires and where you had to drill (if you had to)? Thanks from this newb....
Unread 11-30-2008, 12:08 PM   #18
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Functional hood-scoops. Originally put in for snorkel-effect, but, found that water still poured in through there. Now just for cooling (forces air down the back of the engine) and looks. Two turbo Firefly inter-cooler scoops - one from a wrecker, one I had to buy the whole car to get ...

• Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2009, 07:56 PM   #19
gredden
2004 TJ Wrangler 

When mounting the windshield brackets, what is everyone using between the bracket and windshield or are you all mounting metal on metal?
gredden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #20
chall08
2001 TJ Wrangler 

metal to metal for my brackets and my wires ran down into the cowl
chall08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2009, 02:05 AM   #21
VanBCguy
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

jr1966 - love the look of your rig. Very nice! I'm thinking about a scoop too but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc7002 View Post
get hood louvers over a hood scoop, unless your gonna make the hood scoop functional
why a hood louver over a scoop? What am I missing that is obviously of importance?
VanBCguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2009, 09:30 AM   #22
Paul04TJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

Louvers vent heat away <or reduce the lifting effect at high speeds that Jeeps don't see>
Scoops like the one shown force air into the HVAC system.

The post by jsc7002 made me laugh a bit.
Red Jeep Club Member # 269
'04 Wrangler 'X'
Paul04TJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 09:24 PM   #23
yellowjesus
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkel View Post
KC chrome daylighters....
how did you get the brackets that color, did you just paint them with a brush and the touch up paint?
yellowjesus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #24
MXCarson92
1998 TJ Wrangler 

KC brackets with Hella 500 series lights...

2003 Chevy 2500HD | 6.0 w/ 4.10s | Keys | H2 Wheels/315 BFG's
98 TJ SE | 3.75" Rough Country | 33x12.5x15 DC Mud Country | Cobra 19DX/Firestik 4' | IPF X4 | Genright Steering Box Skid - SOLD

ΦΚΣ
My Build
MXCarson92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2009, 06:56 PM   #25
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjesus View Post
how did you get the brackets that color, did you just paint them with a brush and the touch up paint?
I can't speak for the original poster, but I would recommend paintscratch.com. It is the exact match. When I first bought the Jeep there was a nick on the grill. The dealer gave me a bottle of traditional factory touch-up paint. It was night and day. When I did my mirror relocation brackets I wanted to repaint the bolts and bought a 2oz. touch-up bottle. It was perfect. They recommend getting the clear coat (and I did), but you don't need it. My color is Flame Red.

A few quick questions:

1. Is there a true purpose of the light or is it more for looks? I don't plan to do any night wheeling and they are useless on-road. If you have a set of windshield lights, how often do you use them?

2. What type of light do you use and why? Wattage? Brand? Slims? Driving, Fog, Long Range?

Finally, to those of you who are planning this project, be very careful with the windshield bolts. For a 2005 TJ, I had a heck of a time getting them loose. In addition the windshield frame is not tapped. There is a backing plate behind the windshield frame that the torx bolts thread into. If you remove both bolts at the same time, there is a chance that plate can drop!
Unread 12-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #26
yellowjesus
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I figured it was but just wondering. I have a yellow jeep and when I bought it with black hinges all around and black relocations also so i didnt want to much black on it. It is for more offroad but i dont want it to look terrible like i explained because its my DD. I have 2 KC 100w foglights on my front bumper and i bought work utility lights for the brackets because i found them online for something like 11 bucks a light or something low and thought what the heck. They're a driving light so i figured there would be less glare. I went ahead and just left them black and they dont look too too bad which is a good thing. But i hae torx thats for sure, i had to drill out about half of the bolts holding it. Im glad thats done
yellowjesus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #27
Pate
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gredden View Post
When mounting the windshield brackets, what is everyone using between the bracket and windshield or are you all mounting metal on metal?
I made sure the metal on metal was clean, then mounted the bracket nice and tight. Then I just went around it with black silicone and made sure it was nice and sealed.

KC Brackets with Hella 500 lamps.
-Smittlybuilt Rock Crawler Rear bumper w/Tire Carrier
-Dana44 rear w/3.73s

Yellow Jeep Club Member #33
Pate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #28
Nevam
2003 TJ Wrangler 

8b470cb7.jpg

86594202.jpg

1053d09d.jpg

895cf92e.jpg

ba91f3e1.jpg

Past Jeeps:
'95 ZJ Laredo - '98 ZJ Limited - '01 WJ Limited
'06 TJ Rubicon - '89 YJ Islander
- '01 TJ Sahara
'98 TJ SE
Nevam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2009, 06:35 PM   #29
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Heres mine back when I had them on. I had to get a new wiring harness that I still haven't gotten so they are off in the mean time
front-pre-lift-.jpg   kcwind.jpg  
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #30
MikalCarbine
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr1966 View Post
What does this scoop over the cowl do exactly?
MikalCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.