WK2 San Juans/Silverton June 2012 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > WK2 San Juans/Silverton June 2012

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
Jackal01

2012 WK 

WK2 San Juans/Silverton June 2012

The misses and I took a road trip from Houston to Durango last June. Then backpacked for a couple days in the San Juans. Then drove to Silverton and went around Animas Forks, Howardsville, Eureka and that area. Since we were alone with no other Jeeps we only went a few miles up Engineer Pass from Animas Forks. We hope we will go this summer again and go to Ouray and Telluride. So there are photos of the trip in general.

In Eureka

Animas Forks

Animas Forks

Engineer Pass

Engineer Pass

Engineer Pass.

Old Hundred Mine in Howardsville. This picture is supposed to show the Mine's Dormatory almost at the top of the mountain. Quite Impressive to say the least. A tram was taken to get there and back. It is a 2 1/2 story building.

Silverton

Durango

'12 Laredo V6 ORA1|Terra Grappler 265-70-17|MB TKO 17x8.5|Silverstar Ultra low beams|Mopar Front and Rear WK2 slush mats|RRO 2.5" lift
BWoody extended sway bar links|K&N 77 Series Intake|Gibson Exhaust | Viair OBA | RRO Combo Winch mount| Q9000S winch
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

very nice pics...need to make a trip back up there one day...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda13 View Post
very nice pics...need to make a trip back up there one day...

Hoping this summer except going to spend more time wheeling than backpacking. I still have some mods to do before the trip. Winch, all the junk to go with the kit, an air compressor (still looking for a good OBA location. WK2 doesnt have many). And a full size spare. I mean, it came with the stock size but I need the size I have now.

'12 Laredo V6 ORA1|Terra Grappler 265-70-17|MB TKO 17x8.5|Silverstar Ultra low beams|Mopar Front and Rear WK2 slush mats|RRO 2.5" lift
BWoody extended sway bar links|K&N 77 Series Intake|Gibson Exhaust | Viair OBA | RRO Combo Winch mount| Q9000S winch
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.