Wheeling in CR - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Wheeling in CR

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-24-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
jfrabat
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Wheeling in Costa Rica

Since I have not posted them here, I'll post pics of 2 different wheeling trips in Costa Rica.

First, these are the onew from last Saturday´s run:

And some vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAQZNnJImkI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9k947JCVwk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsNmLKtDazQ

'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Adv. Ad. SYE, Woody Shaft, Superwinch EPi9.0, 62mm TB, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-4.88, 165A alt., 4 KC aux lights, Aluminum Rad with BRX hoses, 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Bosch 19# Injector, Safari Snorkel, 95.5 Brakes

Last edited by jfrabat; 05-24-2010 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: Fixing video links
jfrabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
jfrabat
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Here are some pics of the wheeling trip about a month or so ago:

And some vids:

YouTube - Jeep Muddy Hill Climb in Costa Rica

YouTube - Pedro fording the river

YouTube - Jeep fording river in Costa Rica

YouTube - Jeep crossing a suspension bridge in Costa Rica

Felipe
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Adv. Ad. SYE, Woody Shaft, Superwinch EPi9.0, 62mm TB, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-4.88, 165A alt., 4 KC aux lights, Aluminum Rad with BRX hoses, 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Bosch 19# Injector, Safari Snorkel, 95.5 Brakes

Last edited by jfrabat; 05-24-2010 at 05:18 PM..
Unread 05-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT!!!! Thats my kind of fun right there. Looks like a great time.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

NICE! man that would be great if I could just ship out my TJ to south america and do some wheeling down there! I would have to stop in colombia and visit my home country
Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
jfrabat
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilo98 View Post
NICE! man that would be great if I could just ship out my TJ to south america and do some wheeling down there! I would have to stop in colombia and visit my home country
Well, that's sort of what I did. I bought and built the Jeep in Miami, and shipped it to Panama when I got transfered to Costa Rica; I still go on a monthly basis to Panama (for business trips), so I just drive it from Panama to CR and back. I can leave the Jeep in CR for 3 months at a time, and then I have to take it back to Panama for 3 months. It's actually going back this weekend to Panama...
Unread 05-24-2010, 06:02 PM   #6
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

those are some great pics...always wondered if the wheeling was good in Costa Rica
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2010, 04:31 AM   #7
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Cool pictures! And that mud in the first pictures looks slick!

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2010, 08:14 AM   #8
richardjeepguy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

place looks like a blast. Thanks for sharing
richardjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2010, 10:09 AM   #9
jfrabat
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
Cool pictures! And that mud in the first pictures looks slick!
Let me put it this way; it was easier to DRIVE up than WALK up... a coupe of drivers fell down when they got out of their vehicles (one of them fell twice!), and at one point, I lifted my foot off the mud and my boot was stuck in there (I had to yank it out of the mud).
Unread 05-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #10
SirGCal

Yuck.. mud...

You need a new camera girl though. That woman makes me sick... zoom, zoomout... zoom... shake shake.... (BARF)

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2010, 07:12 PM   #11
jfrabat
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal View Post
Yuck.. mud...

You need a new camera girl though. That woman makes me sick... zoom, zoomout... zoom... shake shake.... (BARF)
Sorry, but the camera girl is the wife... Not likely to change! (at least unless she figures I got the better deal here and goes off with a better man than myself!)
Unread 05-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #12
jfrabat
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Some more pics from Costa Rica:

This is an ORV park in Birri:

Then in a place called Tornillal:

At a friend's cattle farm:

Some playing around in private land:

Exploring the mountains close to my house:

A bit of water play:

And wheeling by the Nicaraguan border...

Unread 05-10-2011, 11:40 PM   #13
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

you gotta love wheelin' where the mud is so thick that you need chains...

although I am glad that is you and not me....I don't mind some mud...but goodness...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #14
jfrabat
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda13 View Post
you gotta love wheelin' where the mud is so thick that you need chains...

although I am glad that is you and not me....I don't mind some mud...but goodness...
Well, I spend about $50 after every wheeling trip to get the interior, exterior, frame and underbody and engine compartment cleaned up and detailed so that I can avoid driving a rustbucket! But it sure is fun driving it in the deep goo!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.