Wheeling in Centralia - The "Real Silent Hill" - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Wheeling in Centralia - The "Real Silent Hill"

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side View

Unread 09-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #16
98XJNEPA

Id be happy to take u if u are ever in the wilkes barre area..

98XJNEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #17
General_Kirby
Jeep Newbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

wow your sisters are cute >D .. i cant seem to see the photos thru the android app for the forum.... oh well... seems like a lot of fun, i saw a documentary once, about centralia an the gobal warming and stuff.. good call about the gas mask (Y)
General_Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
PAFirefighter11
Quadratec Live Chat Rep

1998 ZJ 

Thanks guys!

Kirby: In the first two videos that was my ex g/f (front pass) and her cousins in the rear seat. In the other videos the girl is my friend Heather.

It's a cool place to visit, if only once. I enjoy going back there as the trails are nice and relaxing - pretty scenic as well.
-The statements in this message do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Quadratec, Inc.

-98 ZJ Limited 5.9L - 4.5" lift, 32" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Tomken rocker guards, D44 rear, 3.73's, LSD, 4xDoctor D30 guard, custom projector HID headlights, custom intake, LED lightbar, underdrive pulley, trans vent tube - Wheeler/Bad Weather Rig
-98 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS7 - 5.7L LS1, 6 speed, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster cat back, Pioneer system - Summer Cruiser
-01 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS6 - Toy
-03 VW Golf TDI (Diesel) - Commuter
-Former Jeeps: XJ, YJ, XJ, YJ, TJ, ZJ, ZJ
-Rick Rotondo Photography - Nikon D2x, lots of glass, lighting, tri & monopods, and other gear
-FDNY 9/11/01 - All gave some. Some gave all.
PAFirefighter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #19
macklamar
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I just got back from a trip there yesterday with my stock '96 Xj. It is definitely a very fun and interesting area. I didn't get as many pictures as i would have liked, but i put together this little slide show of the Jeep and some of the scenery if anyone would like to check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wltd...ature=youtu.be

Err, just click the link it should work... I'm new around here lol, not totally sure how things work.

Last edited by macklamar; 11-13-2012 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: I'm new ha
macklamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #20
Finallyajeep
2000 XJ Cherokee 

What do you wear the gas mask for?

FOR SALE PM me if interested!
C-rok outer steering box brace new, never installed. Also have an XJ trailer hitch for sale, needs some paint, but thats about it.
Finallyajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #21
PAFirefighter11
Quadratec Live Chat Rep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finallyajeep View Post
What do you wear the gas mask for?
The gases coming up from the fire are very toxic. They contain several different gases that are not something you really want to inhale. However, the NBC (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) filter on my mask really only removed the smell/taste from the air. That's a good start lol. It smells HORRIBLE. To actually be safe I'd need to wear an SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus).
-The statements in this message do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Quadratec, Inc.

-98 ZJ Limited 5.9L - 4.5" lift, 32" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Tomken rocker guards, D44 rear, 3.73's, LSD, 4xDoctor D30 guard, custom projector HID headlights, custom intake, LED lightbar, underdrive pulley, trans vent tube - Wheeler/Bad Weather Rig
-98 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS7 - 5.7L LS1, 6 speed, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster cat back, Pioneer system - Summer Cruiser
-Rick Rotondo Photography - Nikon D2x, lots of glass, lighting, tri & monopods, and other gear
Unread 11-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #22
Finallyajeep
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Gottcha, I was just curious cause your passengers were not wearing anything

C-rok outer steering box brace new, never installed. Also have an XJ trailer hitch for sale, needs some paint, but thats about it.
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #23
PAFirefighter11
Quadratec Live Chat Rep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finallyajeep View Post
Gottcha, I was just curious cause your passengers were not wearing anything
I leave them to their own means! lol. Didn't see you were a wacker or I would not have explained what an SCBA is haha. My bad.

Unread 11-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #24
Finallyajeep
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAFirefighter11 View Post
I leave them to their own means! lol. Didn't see you were a wacker or I would not have explained what an SCBA is haha. My bad.
Hah no problem man

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.