Video of my trip to Northern Nevada - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Video of my trip to Northern Nevada

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 06-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
Artsifrtsy
2011 JK Wrangler 

Video of my trip to Northern Nevada

Last weekend my brother, my nephew, and I took a road trip to Northern Nevada. Our aim was to visit our grandparents old mining claim that is about 60 miles off the pavement. Due to heavy snow melt we just could not get there, the last water crossing was just too deep. We made it within a mile and a half - even so it was one if the best days of my life. We tried every trail and went into places that only quads had been on in years. We forded streams and drove over the top of sagebrush when we couldn't find a trail through. My brother's Jeep is a plain jane YJ. No special upgrades, just pure jeep. We went through a couple if miles of quaking Aspen that was so narrow that we had trees inside the Jeep. Any jeep is an amazing vehicle that can tackle more than you imagine (this from a Rubicon owner). Check out my YouTube video, it's my first:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/redir...%2FaoOnaiKpRQg

Unread 10-27-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
2Bearms
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Dude that sounds like a blast, i wish i had a jeep when i lived in Vegas. There was so much i could have done. All these missed opportunities in my life are coming back to bite me.
2Bearms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
stanman_83616
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Artsifatsy your you tube movie was blocked because of copyright laws, do you have music on it that blocked it?
Stan
stanman_83616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Artsifrtsy
2011 JK Wrangler 

I have a song in the background - it played for me but maybe because I'm logged in. I'll see if I can figure it out. Thanks!
Unread 10-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #5
Artsifrtsy
2011 JK Wrangler 

I bought the song before i made the video. I had no idea that YouTube would do that. Here's the Vimeo link:

http://vimeo.com/25600806
Unread 10-29-2011, 05:25 PM   #6
stanman_83616
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for fixing the movie so I could watch, looks like a fun trip and hope you can do it when the conditions are better.
stanman_83616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 01:22 AM   #7
ahuf
2000 XJ Cherokee 

cool beans. I did a documentary filming trip last October/November 2010 on the state parks and just all around general area. Headed up from Vegas to Pioche to Great Basin National Park to Ely and back down. Shooting anything and everything in between. Took my previous red Jeep XJ that was totaled from a rear end collision. Had one really fun time and got a lot of amazing footage.

You’ll have to try to get to that claim again some day. See if theres anything your Grandparents left. Maybe names in a boulder that you’ll have to put your Jeep on top of
ahuf is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.