Uwharrie National Forest Dec 10-11th 2011 Trip Report w/ Pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Uwharrie National Forest Dec 10-11th 2011 Trip Report w/ Pics

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 12-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
BonesWK
2006 WK 

Uwharrie National Forest Dec 10-11th 2011 Trip Report w/ Pics

First off I want to start this post with just saying URE is probably the most fun I have had in my Jeep in a long time. If anyone local to NC or SC and wants to have fun, take your rig out there. It was rad.

So off with the trip report, I Arrived to Eldorado outpost with 2 other people from Wilmington, and we bought our passes and hung around with other local club members looking at all the rigs out there. My friends arrived shortly after, they brought a dirt bike and a 4 wheeler to have fun on. So after setting up camp with my friends, I hooked back up with my local club to hit the trail. I did end up losing my club at some point because I was babying the WK, and came to a split in the road, and I went the opposite way they did. I wheeled the majority of the time with my friends on their 4 wheeler and dirt bike. Other rigs were around so I never really was "alone". Trails were in great shape, it had rained on Wednesday and a little Thursday night up there. Some slicker spots of clay, and some mud puddles here and there, but no dust.

To anyone thinking their rig wont make URE, trust me, you can make about 60% of the trails with a stock rig w/ skids. I dont have any skids aside from the gas tank skid and the plastic front one. No damage at all, scrubbed once on a small hill thats it. No rocker damage either, but I was being super carful out there and I didnt push my Wk too hard.

Trails Completed with my WK Below is map I used and it was super helpful
Falls Dam (all)
Wolf Den (all)
Rocky Mnt. (lower half from Parking lot to Saw mill)
Saw Mill (all)
Dicky Bell (small lower part before Little Daniel)

Now Pics

Top of Kodak Rock

Friend Going up Kodak

Flex

My buddies

2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Chive On
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
BonesWK
2006 WK 

Cont.

Falls Dam Hill Climb

My Favorite

My Badge of Honor

Back at Home

It was a great trip.
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
Chive On
Unread 12-15-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
my73CJ
1973 CJ5 

Hey I got a 2010GC, any lift on the one pictured? How about those tires they look good what size?, Rims are from what? Thanks,
my73CJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
BonesWK
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by my73CJ View Post
Hey I got a 2010GC, any lift on the one pictured? How about those tires they look good what size?, Rims are from what? Thanks,
Yeah I have the Rocky Road 2.25" lift

Wheels/Tires are from a JK Rubi
Chive On
Unread 01-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
peytonimor7
2004 WJ 

Might have to make a trip here sometime in the summer with my buddies, kind of a long ride for me though abt 3 hours.
Unread 01-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #6
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

very nice, any other pics of the trails?

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/jf-trip-2-0-a-2608114/"][SIZE="3"][B]
2015 Colorado Trip[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2012, 12:36 AM   #7
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

great pics...nice Jeep...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #8
MXotero411

Sweet jeep dude. I'm thinking about gettin a 05 limited. How do you like yours?
MXotero411 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
BonesWK
2006 WK 

Thx guys, Its a fun place to go. They open again March 30th I think Open until December.

MX - I love my 06 Limited, Quadra Drive II works awesome. My only complaint is the IFS, and how expensive mods are for WKs.
Chive On

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.