Uharrie National Forest - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Uharrie National Forest

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 05-19-2010, 06:43 AM   #1
BoKnows
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Uharrie National Forest

I got out to UNF for the first time since moving to North Carolina and I have got to say we had a good time. I was pretty apprehensive after having lived in the Pacific Northwest with so much public land at our disposal..nothing replaces that.

We went on a Saturday, the weather was beatiful and the trails were packed with ATVs, motorcycles and clubs from every manufacturer you can think of. They have trails ranging from easy to difficult. We had a stocker in our group who was introducing his wife to the jeep officially for the first time and I had my wife and kids so we stuck to the easy stuff for a few hours before heading over to Badin Lake just a couple of miles down the road. For folks looking to do some camping, if you get the forest pass, you can tent camp off the trail system and their are plenty or campsites with fire rings and room for a few tents. Those looking for a shower and toilet can find them at Arrowhead campsite just down the road.

put those little hands to work

started off on wolfden

There are a ton of these little firebreak bumps, which turned into the game, how fast can you take them without bottoming out.

3speed auto, RE Long Arm with ACOS...5" of lift, 35x12.50 PC XAT on 15x8 wheels, Bilstein 5100 shocks, rubicon D44 with front and rear ARBs, AA SYE, Coast CV Driveshaft, 4.10 gearing, ORO Swayloc, ARB Snorkel and K&N filter, magnaflow exhaust, Fabtech front bumper, LoD Xpedition Rear bumper, LoD Rocker Guards, hella lights, 6" Xenon flares, HULA GIRL on dash...........she makes me smile

WWW.MILITARYJEEPERS.COM

WWW.WHEELERSFORTHEWOUNDED.ORG
BoKnows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2010, 06:49 AM   #2
BoKnows
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This little guy not to fond of my Steve Irwin impression
3speed auto, RE Long Arm with ACOS...5" of lift, 35x12.50 PC XAT on 15x8 wheels, Bilstein 5100 shocks, rubicon D44 with front and rear ARBs, AA SYE, Coast CV Driveshaft, 4.10 gearing, ORO Swayloc, ARB Snorkel and K&N filter, magnaflow exhaust, Fabtech front bumper, LoD Xpedition Rear bumper, LoD Rocker Guards, hella lights, 6" Xenon flares, HULA GIRL on dash...........she makes me smile

WWW.MILITARYJEEPERS.COM

Unread 05-19-2010, 06:52 AM   #3
BoKnows
1997 TJ Wrangler 

No complaints so far about the swapping my BFG KM2 for the PC XAT yet...but I haven't had them in deep mud yet.

WWW.MILITARYJEEPERS.COM

Unread 05-19-2010, 07:49 AM   #4
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nemore pics? Daniel, etc Kodiak Rock>?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2010, 07:54 AM   #5
BoKnows
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Mountainman864, don't have any of those pics yet. We stayed on the easy trails like Wolfden and Falls Dam due to the stock rig and kids. I am sure it will not be the last time we go over there, more to follow....

WWW.MILITARYJEEPERS.COM

Unread 05-19-2010, 10:59 AM   #6
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Fun Fun, Im having a baby boy in september and when hes old enough we are surely gonna go out there and have some fun.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2010, 11:20 AM   #7
BoKnows
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Congratulations, Mountain. I believe "Old enough" is a matter of perspective. My children were in the jeep cheering me(worse than a bunch of men) on in the last two shots and in the video. We had my son and daughter out on camp/jeep trips when he was just over a month old and have never had any issues. If either of my mothers knew they were in the jeep they would string me up. I, on the other hand wouldn't even consider this a dangerous situation. There are plenty of times though when dad stops and says, "ok, time to get out and take pictures of me doing something silly". It's just a matter of keeping them from prolonged exposure and making sure your rig is setup right. I may be out there again on Saturday camping this time around and running some more of the trails.

WWW.MILITARYJEEPERS.COM

Unread 05-19-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
VTJeePTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Pics look great. I love URE. Was just out there a few weeks ago and can't wait to go back again.
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #9
nwiTJdave

is that a cottenmouth snake? if so stay away from them. very venomous. but looks like a blast!

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #10
BoKnows
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave View Post
is that a cottenmouth snake? if so stay away from them. very venomous. but looks like a blast!
Not a cottonmouth, just a large black rat snake. They are one of the largest snakes in N America and are harmless....... unless you are rodent.

WWW.MILITARYJEEPERS.COM

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.