Twin Butte Trails - San Angelo, TX 14Apr13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Twin Butte Trails - San Angelo, TX 14Apr13

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 04-14-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Twin Butte Trails - San Angelo, TX 14Apr13

Had some fun with the Wrangler today

^ I was flipping him off through those cause my buddy who was taking the pics thought this was too steep. The pics obviously don't show how steep it really is. Idk why This part I never took my Patriot up it's so steep. The Wrangler handled it fine

And flexing pics from that big panoramic pic at the top of all these;

So all in all had a fun afternoon I can't wait to take this thing to Hidden Falls Adventure Park!!!

Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
Gymguyjeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Recognize that area well. If I have to go too far between weekend trips, I go to Twin Buttes. As the lake level is going down, there are more and more areas to drive.

1993 XJ Cherokee - 3" Lift, 31" tires
Previous Jeeps - 1981 CJ-5, 1985 CJ-7
Gymguyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yup. It's gone down A LOT in the past few weeks. I couldn't even get to this one island about a month ago...now theres no way to not get to it lmao

You come here frequently? I go about 2 or 3 times a month. A group from your area is coming here this Saturday actually.
Unread 04-23-2013, 07:35 AM   #4
Gymguyjeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

To give you an idea of how often I go to the Buttes, I have been there on either a Saturday or Sunday three times so far this year. What group from this area are you talking about that is going this Saturday?

1993 XJ Cherokee - 3" Lift, 31" tires
Previous Jeeps - 1981 CJ-5, 1985 CJ-7
Gymguyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

These guys are coming over from Midland; http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...742645?fref=ts

I don't imagine they come very often so I'm taking advantage of them coming this trip. Should be fun if it doesn't rain (like it ever fricken rains in West Texas )
Unread 04-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #6
NCPoBoy

Anyone else have pictures of this area?
NCPoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm the only one that I know of on this forum. If there are others they sure don't stop by or say hi ever. I have more photos in several threads around the forum from when I had my Patriot.
Unread 04-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #8
Wpmclam
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Maybe when I get a real jeep I'll see you out there
Wpmclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #9
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Sounds good bud

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.