Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Toys for Tots- Badlands

2K views 25 replies 6 participants last post by  99goldxj 
#1 ·
Roads went from okay to crap in about 30 miles......made for a interesting 60 miles.

The last pic the road was ice. Passed a Neon in a ditch, a Sebring on the opposite side of the road, and a Suburban that had went off the road, took out the top half of a power pole and flipped over.

Maximum Destruction and Tom Meants was at the park

It is a BMW

Skipping a head, the roads were much better on the way home.

Some other rigs.

A four door JK, the guy bought some half doors for the back two doors and had a cover customized to fit.

I think I seen this somewhere...

I am tired, so I will post up more tomorrow. But will post up a teaser.

See less See more
#3 ·
I bet that was fun. I have yet to go to the Badlands when it's snowing. I'm looking forward to more pictures.

:wave:

#4 ·
That looks like a blast...I, too, am looking forward to more pics...:thumbsup:

#6 ·
First thing my group did was hit the creek.

At some point, we hopped off the creek and the stock JK led the way into virgin snow.

Love the snow sticking to the trees.

#13 ·
someone wanted these, so if it was you, please, just copy them, you have my permission as long as you don't sell them (I know, who would buy them).

Friends YJ

#14 ·

The wall of death (seriously, wish I had video, there was a bunch of @$%^ moments, but none flopped except an CJ that was not part of our group). The bottom of the hill was sloppy soup mud, mud on the rocks and mud up top.

Jeremy took the other route to get up.

#18 ·
I love the winter shots...spectacular:cheers2:

hate to see the flopped Jeep though...

#19 ·
Now I'm even more upset that I wasn't able to make it. I soooooo wanted to wheel in the snow. I do keep a spare door key available now. :rolleyes:

Photo suggestion....boost the exposure in those snow shots by one stop, snow tends to cause under exposure.

#22 ·
Adam, how are you going the HDRs? Also, I suggest you start shooting RAW. Much more flexibility than JPEG.

Jeff's right. Snow will cause the metering system to under-expose. Even if you don't compensate for it when taking the shot, RAW allows you to bump it up no problem.

#23 ·
I went into photoshop here at work and put a -2 exposure on a picture, save as and name is DSCxxxxC and then do one at +2 and do save as, then use the program I have to do HDR photos (photomatix pro3). Doing the photoshop thing is almost the same as shooting three of the same pictures when I took them, except I didn't. As for raw, I would, but I don't have any programs on my personal computer that supports raw (don't have photoshop yet). Personally, I need to play with something other then auto mode on the camera, but I haven't yet played with it with the problem I might not get a good shot.

#24 ·
RAW lets you do what you did, but to a greater extent. I just did a couple at +/- 5 and they turned out great. When you do an HDR shot, do it at low ISO. High ISO will show grain, especially when tone mapping.

I suggest you give lightroom a try. There's a trial version on Adobe's site. Download it and try it out. I haven't taken my Nikon off of RAW since a bit after I got it, and that was 2-3 years ago.

Shoot in the PSAM modes. If I have a lens that meters, that's normally what I use. I was in full manual this past weekend the whole time. Yeah exposure wasn't always right, but that's what RAW is for. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.