Toys-4-Tots: Badlands Offroad Park 120713 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Toys-4-Tots: Badlands Offroad Park 120713

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 12-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #16
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Thanks. I wish I had taken more, but once I got into Kevin's Jeep it was such a pain in the butt to get in and out of the 5-point harness that jumping out to take a "quick" photo seemed impossible.
Quick question, do your front axle u-joints use c or circle clip retainers?

Unread 12-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #17
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99goldxj View Post
Wow, Kevin's Rig sure has changed. I can't believe a 2wd truck was trying to wheel.... and then didn't even have a tow strap. I was going to come to T4T's but decided not to. I am surprised there wasn't any snow compared to the 4" we have here.
That's not the same rig Kevin had before, it's Jeffery 2.0.

As for the Cheby guys...that's what happens when you aren't prepared to wheel...you get left right where you were. I have no idea if they got out.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #18
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightsixjeep View Post
Quick question, do your front axle u-joints use c or circle clip retainers?
Stock they are c clips and thats what he is running. I told him to go with some full circle clips with the chromly's.
Unread 12-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #19
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksilovich View Post
Stock they are c clips and thats what he is running. I told him to go with some full circle clips with the chromly's.
He is correct.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 12-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #20
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Good deal, I just found out about using the full circle clips. Getting ready to grind my d30 shafts to accept them. Jeff I hope you get your TJ back together soon so you can both go wheelin' again.
Unread 12-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #21
ksilovich
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Good deal, I just found out about using the full circle clips. Getting ready to grind my d30 shafts to accept them. Jeff I hope you get your TJ back together soon so you can both go wheelin' again.
well you better tell him to get over to my place then since I will be doing all/most of the work on his jeep. I will be helping with the axle shaft install and the tire carrier. and the skid plate. and what ever else there is
Unread 12-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #22
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

In that case Jeffro make sure to have Kevin work on your Jeep for you so you guys can go wheelin'.
Unread 12-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #23
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
In that case Jeffro make sure to have Kevin work on your Jeep for you so you guys can go wheelin'.
We should have it done in time for Colorado August 2014.

Unread 12-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #24
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

After playing around in the quarry for a few minutes we hit the trails...with me in the lead. We were the first on this trail, so I had to be the ice breaker.

Along the way I attempted a climb I couldn't do last time out...even though I tried like 5 times. This time it was a cake walk...I aired down a bit more this time, so that probably made all the difference. If you'd like to see a photo of it.....get real, we all know there's no photos of me wheeling.

Finally, a broken puddle
That is ironic and funny - I'm the ice breaker! After taking a rock to my middle section right away in the rock quarry, my son and I ran through here. I wasn't sure how deep this was so I ran my left tire on the embankment all the way through. My son was quite impressed that we were smashing all this ice. Did you notice that some of it was up to about an 1" thick?

I too found that downed tree which was quite frustrating - but I just turned around and came all the way back..
green50gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #25
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post
That is ironic and funny - I'm the ice breaker! After taking a rock to my middle section right away in the rock quarry, my son and I ran through here. I wasn't sure how deep this was so I ran my left tire on the embankment all the way through. My son was quite impressed that we were smashing all this ice. Did you notice that some of it was up to about an 1" thick?

I too found that downed tree which was quite frustrating - but I just turned around and came all the way back..
I had a few big chunks of ice get hung up on my axles and my skid...rattled around for a bit.

A few years back that "puddle" had some major ice....

The cold makes things a little interesting.

That tree across the trail needs to be removed, as do a few other trees. Hopefully the Badlands gets out there and clears some of them...or lets some of us bring a chain saw along and move them ourselves.

Too bad we missed each other. There were a ton of Jeeps there. Mine was easy to find though, since it sat in the upper lot most of the day.

Unread 12-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #26
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

That's that "pit" just after that downed tree on the way down to the creek correct? I'm lucky to go once every few years - but seems like every time that pit gets deeper and longer.

Yeah I know, was hoping to have a chance to meet you. I think you guys were just dropping into the orange trail when we left - as I recall seeing some of those JK's there. But I didn't see Kevin's Jeep - I recognize his.

I sure didn't see your Jeep up there, but to be realistic after my damage in the rock quarry I was more paying atttention to myelf and my new noises and whatnot.
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #27
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
My rig remains the same. I see it around town all the time. I built a new one.
Quote:
That's not the same rig Kevin had before, it's Jeffery 2.0.

As for the Cheby guys...that's what happens when you aren't prepared to wheel...you get left right where you were. I have no idea if they got out.
Ah, just wondering by the black exhaust (that I just noticed), diesel?

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #28
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post
That's that "pit" just after that downed tree on the way down to the creek correct? I'm lucky to go once every few years - but seems like every time that pit gets deeper and longer.

Yeah I know, was hoping to have a chance to meet you. I think you guys were just dropping into the orange trail when we left - as I recall seeing some of those JK's there. But I didn't see Kevin's Jeep - I recognize his.

I sure didn't see your Jeep up there, but to be realistic after my damage in the rock quarry I was more paying atttention to myelf and my new noises and whatnot.
What kind of damage did you sustain?

Never mind....I checked your build. Looks like a new skid or a tummy tuck is in someone's future. Isn't nice to have a "reason" to buy new stuff?

Unread 12-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #29
green50gt

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What kind of damage did you sustain?

Never mind....I checked your build. Looks like a new skid or a tummy tuck is in someone's future. Isn't nice to have a "reason" to buy new stuff?
Yes, except my next mod was going to be gears. I might have to push that off a bit now.
Unread 12-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #30
OverlandSummitt

Great photos!
OverlandSummitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.