Surprize Lake/Evans Saturday 17 Apr 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Surprize Lake/Evans Saturday 17 Apr 10

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-18-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Surprize Lake/Evans Saturday 17 Apr 10

With decent weather forecasted we decided to attempt a run to Surprize lake. The trail leads to the lake, and then you can hike to some mines nearby. The trail starts off a forest road. As soon as you hit it, you know you ain't taking no stocker on this trail. It's a rocky boulder strewn one as you'll see in the pics. I have no problem attempting a snowed over trail as long as there's something to catch your fall on either side. We made it as far as we dared until the snow was a foot deep at the point where the single track crosses an exposed off camber rock shelf where we chickened out. Not a few hundred feet earlier we had to attach winch line, dig out the snow, cut and place a log to ensure safety on a little section. Of course I started sliding off the trail PAST where we did this! We found a turn around point and headed back down passing a Boy Scout troop hiking up the trail. They probably thought we were nuts, but we gave them a nice path to walk on. We then headed up to Evan creeK ORV using the road that enters from the back side for once where we caught up and followed the silver Jeep. Deep snow and alot of sliding on the way up. At the end of the day, we got flagged down by the red van to take these guys to their broken truck which had broke a tierod and crashed into a tree. By themselves, no phone, no equipment, on a trail hardly anyone uses, and had to hike miles to cicvilization 3 days earlier. Lucky their truck was still there unmolested. We wound up spending 2 hours looking for the truck, pulling him back on the trail, then driving out. I could say something mean about this episode, but I'll leave it at that.....................

Last edited by BaddAndy; 04-18-2010 at 10:39 AM..
BaddAndy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Last edited by BaddAndy; 04-18-2010 at 10:31 AM..
BaddAndy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
elkfan2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Cinebar

elkfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

those are great pics...some great off roading...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #5
Longoddr1
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Great pics, thanks for sharing them.
Longoddr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #6
AUSHii
1999 XJ Cherokee 

nice pictures. Way up there I see.
Unread 04-27-2010, 03:56 AM   #7
WtrHamer97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Great pictures, looked like it was a good time. And nice Jeep

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.