Spring [Snow] Stuck Pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Spring [Snow] Stuck Pics

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-10-2005, 09:00 PM   #1
Scafone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Spring [Snow] Stuck Pics

Well, the snow's going fast around here, especially with this 70-degree day. ...but we still ran into areas with a couple feet of snow. The swampers are better at digging than floating! We got stuck a lot and had a good time.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
--Thomas Jefferson
Scafone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2005, 07:43 AM   #2
CBlakeNS

Nice pics and rig! Looks fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scafone
Well, the snow's going fast around here, especially with this 70-degree day. ...but we still ran into areas with a couple feet of snow. The swampers are better at digging than floating! We got stuck a lot and had a good time.

CBlakeNS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2005, 11:44 AM   #3
LandRover
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I was hitting roads like that on my dirt bike this week....dirt patches separated by drifts of spring snow...you have to wind it up to like 4th gear on the dirt patches and hope to God you're going straight when you hit the snow patches, then hammer down all the way across the snow...sometimes you come out smelling like a rose, sometimes you wind up sledding Fun time of year. Killer pics
Sliders, Goodyear Duratrac 33's
LandRover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2005, 12:24 PM   #4
wakeboarder 21

i cant see the pics, just blank spaces

RE 3.5 __ 1" BL__RE front adj. trac bar__Currie Anti Rock sway bar__33 BFG M/T with some black steelies__K&N Filter__CB___ Durango 4x4 Front Bumper

building for 37s

[URL=http://orw.truckmoxie.com/mygallery.ten?id=4573]***PICS***[/URL]
wakeboarder 21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2005, 11:17 PM   #5
BlueJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I like how you tried to go high on one side to get traction. Seems like it looks familiar too me?! Anyway, I didn't see/know if you are locked cause I would think no?! Regardless, looks fun.
Unread 04-17-2005, 07:26 AM   #6
Scafone
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJ
I like how you tried to go high on one side to get traction. Seems like it looks familiar too me?! Anyway, I didn't see/know if you are locked cause I would think no?! Regardless, looks fun.
I had open diffs then believe it or not...and made it through some pretty impressive spots IMO. With these tires down to 8psi, even open diffs can get thru a lot. I just got my Aussie locker in the rear a few days ago though. In those last 2 pics I was only trying to straddle the snow bank/dry side, but slid down a bit and it got worse as I tried to drive out.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
--Thomas Jefferson
Scafone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.