Some CT wheeling - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Some CT wheeling

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-06-2007, 09:47 PM   #1
TheInstaller
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Some CT wheeling

I met up with a couple friends in New Hartford to check out some trails that they know. These are legal state forest roads. We were having a great time until we came to a muddy area with a few big holes in the middle. I made it through without any problems (man I love the Super Swampers), my friend in his stock Taco slammed his way through it, and then the Land Rover buried himself in it. The attempts to pull him out resulted in twisting the crap out of his bumper, and partially breaking his tow point. Then we tried hooking the front of my Jeep up to the Taco and trying a 2 truck pull, but that resulted in my tow point snapping in 2. We finally decided the only way to get him out was backwards, and that is when another XJ showed up and did the honors. The twisted part of the bumper was completely torn off after the Rover was pulled back out.

Me going through a small rock section

Me going through the mud hole

Drew getting stuck in the mud

Full Photo Album

1993 XJ Sport, AX15, NP231, D30 open, Chrysler 8.25 open, Rusty's 3" lift with full packs, Firestone Destination A/T 235/75/15's, Uniden PC68XL CB radio, Custom rock sliders, custom intake, trimmed fenders, custom front bumper, 2" receiver front and rear, 48" Hi-Lift jack, OBA.
TheInstaller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2007, 01:14 PM   #2
highryder08

how bad did the rover end up?
2000 Black TJ Sport, 4.5in. Superlift, 33x12.5in BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain's, 15x10in Cragar Black Steelies, Mile Marker 9000lb. winch, Bestop Tire Carrier, Custom Made Rear Bumper, Hella 500's, ARB Snorkel, Uniden CB/PA, SOLD
Appalachin State Mountaineers- Back to Back to Back National Champions!!
Go Noles!!
highryder08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2007, 01:18 PM   #3
TheInstaller
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Front corner of his bumper is torn off, headlight is crooked, hood is stuck shut, tow point bracket broken, and fog light housing cracked. That was all I saw before leaving the trail. There were no fluids leaking, and no damage underneath the truck.

More pictures can be seen at http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/...&ts=1178561836
1993 XJ Sport, AX15, NP231, D30 open, Chrysler 8.25 open, Rusty's 3" lift with full packs, Firestone Destination A/T 235/75/15's, Uniden PC68XL CB radio, Custom rock sliders, custom intake, trimmed fenders, custom front bumper, 2" receiver front and rear, 48" Hi-Lift jack, OBA.
Unread 05-07-2007, 01:25 PM   #4
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

i dont mean any offence to you, i dont know who was saying to do what, if he knew what he was doing or not, etc

but i'd be pretty pissed off if my friends pulled off my bumper. I'd hope they'd realize that it was tweaking and not keep pulling, or i'd look for another way out (from the back, like you said)

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2007, 10:24 PM   #5
TheInstaller
1993 XJ Cherokee 

The tweaking happened during the final attempt to get him out forward. What broke the piece of the bumper completely off, was when he go pulled back out through the holes he was stuck in.
Unread 05-09-2007, 10:51 AM   #6
nierace
2003 WJ 

Cool pics

You'd get upset from tweaking your bumper while wheeling ?

I hope you're joking...

Installer where abouts was that trail ? I'm over in Danbury,CT just interested in new trails that are legal. Closest legal trails I know of are in MA.
sira4x4.net North East Offroad Club
www.carolinadriveline.com
www.ironrockoffroad.com
kolak@aol.com
nierace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2007, 11:54 AM   #7
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

How's the wheeling over there? I'm about 2.5 hours away and have had the exploring bug for a few weeks now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Divinitous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #8
HeavyMetal
Forum God

1997 XJ Cherokee 

nothing in CT is worth a 2.5 hour drive unless youre talking about the very few pieces of private property local clubs have permission to use.
Thou preparest a spotter before me in the presence of mine obstacles;

HeavyMetal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2007, 02:14 PM   #9
TheInstaller
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Unless you really have a bad case of needing to get out in the dirt, nothing is going to be worth 2.5 hours.
Unread 05-28-2007, 01:31 AM   #10
bigchevyman24
2000 WJ 

Hope that isn't a tow strap with a metal end....big no no...

SOLD: 2000 WJ 2WD CONVERTED TO 4X4, 97 TJ ON 35'S, 95 XJ ON 33'S
bigchevyman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2007, 08:02 AM   #11
TheInstaller
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchevyman24
Hope that isn't a tow strap with a metal end....big no no...

The metal you see is the shackle. I don't own any tow straps with hooks.
Unread 05-28-2007, 12:27 PM   #12
bigchevyman24
2000 WJ 

Better the bumper bend than the shackle go flying off at someones head...

SOLD: 2000 WJ 2WD CONVERTED TO 4X4, 97 TJ ON 35'S, 95 XJ ON 33'S
bigchevyman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2007, 03:24 PM   #13
jantarek

Can You Find The Area On Google Maps And Post Link To It Pls?
I Love To Check It Out
jantarek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2007, 06:52 PM   #14
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jantarek
Can You Find The Area On Google Maps And Post Link To It Pls?
I Love To Check It Out
I think he's talking about the Nepaug State Forest, off of Rte 202 near Canton. I was up there mountain biking last weekend and saw some Jeeps go by. I followed them but only managed to find one 'trail'. I too would love to know where in the forest the good stuff is.

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #15
TheInstaller
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I believe we were on Pine Hill Rd between 202 and Satan's Kingdom. It was my first time there, and I was just following my friends.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.