Snow wheeling Elbe Hills style 3-5-11 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Snow wheeling Elbe Hills style 3-5-11

Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 03-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #16
slickrickc17
2013 JK Wrangler 

What a great day we had in the woods. Some carnage yes, lol but all in all a great day to be out there in the snow. sam_0522.jpg
Gorgeous day to be wheeling!
sam_0519.jpg
Baddandy flexing on up.
sam_0453.jpg
I love how this pic turned out Andy.
sam_0499.jpg

sam_0477.jpg
Mike, I have a bunch more pics, just dont have them uploaded yet. Ill try to get them up soon. - Rick

slickrickc17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #17
awkragt
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedOleMan View Post
Death Wobble, eh? Bad news. Took me countless hours, over 1k and lots of frustration to track mine down. Good luck.
I've already got the lower control arms for caster and a JKS track bar, so I'm hoping its just a loose bolt or bushing. There's a possibility that ball joints could make the wooble.
http://kragt.blogspot.com
awkragt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #18
slickrickc17
2013 JK Wrangler 

Start with your front trackbar. If you have a loose bolt or wallowed out hole on either side, DW is likely to happen. The trackbar bracket that is welded on the axle is notorious for wallowing out if the bolt is a little bit loose.
slickrickc17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #19
awkragt
2007 JK Wrangler 

Last night I went over the track bar. It doesn't appear to have any wallowing and it didn't look like there had been any movement in the joints/bolts/nuts against the metal.

Ball joints though have at least 1/16" to 1/8" of play vertically. I can't tell if there is any play in the uppers, so thrusday night I'm going to replace the lowers and see if that does it.
http://kragt.blogspot.com
awkragt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #20
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkragt View Post
Last night I went over the track bar. It doesn't appear to have any wallowing and it didn't look like there had been any movement in the joints/bolts/nuts against the metal.

Ball joints though have at least 1/16" to 1/8" of play vertically. I can't tell if there is any play in the uppers, so thrusday night I'm going to replace the lowers and see if that does it.
Look for lateral movement in the ball joints.

Do the dry steering test, and check for movement at either end of the drag link.

In my case the end of the drag link at the pitman was shot. Turns out the other end was shot, too, but I didn't discover that until after I replaced the pitman arm end...

Another thing to pay close attention to is your control arm bushing's. This was pivotal in my case. No pun intended...

Diagnose each joint/connection, then repair or replace if necessary.
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.