Rubicon/Barrett Lake/Fordyce pic's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Rubicon/Barrett Lake/Fordyce pic's

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-01-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Rubicon/Barrett Lake/Fordyce pic's

Rubicon

Unread 09-01-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Barrett Lake

Unread 09-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Fordyce Creek

Unread 09-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #4
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Pic's are awesome....but I need some details too.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 05:10 PM   #5
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Details

We started out with 8 rigs running the Rubicon, 5 of the rig's wanted to stay 2 night's on the trail and the other 3 only wanted to sleep one night on the trail and do some more trails. You could easily run the Rubicon in 1 full day but the the camping on buck Island lake is way too nice not to want to camp there for a night. So the next morning we split up and the group I was in back tracked to run old sluice witch was hard but alot of fun. Later we met up with the rest of the group at Rubicon Springs and then continued out of the trail.

The group I ran with (me silver TJ Rubicon on 36 Iroks and 2 friends Purple CJ3B on 39.5 Iroks and the Green CJ7 On 38 TSL's) went on to run the Barrett Lake trail which was short but hard and alot of fun. The trail is a one way trail (read you come out the same way you went in) and took about 3 hrs to hit the lake. We hung out there for an hour or so then headed back out which only took about 2 hrs. There is a gate keeper at the beginning of the trail followed by a rocky hill climb and if you think thats hard........well the rest of the trail dosnt get any easier.

The next day we towed out to Fordyce Creek and spent that day wrenching on the rig's. The next morning we called the people who work the dam and they told us the river was to be flowing around 300cfm and we should not try the trail. Well we decided we would start the trail and is things got bad we would turn around. We made it to the first river crossing and it wasnt that bad, we all made it across it kept on through the trail. We got to winch hill #1 and thought this trail was now BAD A$$ and got all excited to keep running but then we got to the 2nd river crossing.........Bad news, it was DEEP and FAST. We all stared at it for about 45 min to an hr and decided that the week was going great and we all had a blast and it would be nice not to lose our Jeeps in a rushing river so we turned around and headed back to camp

We are thinking of making the haul down in about 2 years to run it again for the Sierra Trec as it is supposed to be a great time to run the trail with alot less water.
Unread 09-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #6
Flatbroke
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwood View Post
Rubicon

Have they lightened up on the parking tickets for camping here. Last time I when we had to hike down to camp.

This is the first time I have seen this rock in the day light, thanks for posting the picture. I have only hit that part of the trail at about mid night.

Great pictures thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRussoX
Haha

I actually look at a Jeepers nuts to see how informed they are. Ditch your nuts man!

Russo
Flatbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #7
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatbroke View Post
Have they lightened up on the parking tickets for camping here. Last time I when we had to hike down to camp.

This is the first time I have seen this rock in the day light, thanks for posting the picture. I have only hit that part of the trail at about mid night.

Great pictures thanks for sharing.

We were camped right off the trail, just a few feet passed the dam. We were parked with parts of our Jeep's still on the trail just a bit.
Unread 09-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #8
XJride231
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Any carnage to report?

Colorado JEEP club member #123
XJride231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #9
jonwood
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJride231 View Post
Any carnage to report?
Nothing that stopped us from running, the purple Jeep broke something in the steering colum, so we just had to fasten the colum so it wouldnt have any slop in it while driving. One of the rig's not pictured ended up with a pinhole leak in a front breakline but we had a plug for it and he ran the rest of the Rubicon with 3 breaks. I broke a zip tie but since Im super hard core I just kept running anyways
Unread 09-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #10
tahoe wheelers

Nice wheeling trip. Got to nail 3 good ones!
1985 cj 7. 360 V8, 35X12.50 BFG's sitting on Crager 15X8 rims, summer brothers axle rear, Yukon axles up front, lock rite lockers front and rear, 5" of lift, body armor, six point roll cage, 8000lb warn winch, 4.56 yukon gears front and rear, t-18, dana 300. And much more on the way.

www.therockgods.com
www.reno4x4.com
tahoe wheelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 06:41 PM   #11
NorCalCon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah I did the water crossing at cisco grove sat the 5th and it was deep and fast the head lights got water in them and waves were breaking over the hood. To make things worse I thaught it wouldbe nice to run fordyce without the doors on. So the water was flowing over my lap and out the other door. I wouldn't have even tried it but I was following some toyotas on 37s and I Wasnt about to turn around and go out the eagle lakes trail head. Next time I'm going with the doors on that was a cold ride home down 80 wet with no doors or top.
NorCalCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 11:09 PM   #12
Goobersbro

thats why I left my doors on when we went to deer valley anytime I know there is a water crossing you can count on seeing my doors on
Goobersbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 09:14 PM   #13
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Looks like a fun trip. I'd love to get out there some day and run/camp those trails.
Unread 09-30-2009, 12:33 PM   #14
jdhughes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Pretty intense trip, awesome scenery and photos!
jdhughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2009, 05:25 AM   #15
FABIEN
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Great shots, good trip and really nice place
FABIEN is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.