red cone, twin cone, webster trail conditions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > red cone, twin cone, webster trail conditions

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
dolson60174
1999 TJ Wrangler 

red cone, twin cone, webster trail conditions

So has anyone heard status on any of the trails above for the weekend of the July 9th?

Unread 07-06-2010, 01:56 AM   #2
Malebolgia
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I was starting to look into a trip up there with my brother in a few weeks here so I am kind of wondering as well. Also I have never run red cone before so any pointers?
Malebolgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
dolson60174
1999 TJ Wrangler 

red cone has some great obstacles, but with it also has the alternates so a stock 4x4 is fine. My buddy took his stock Bronco up it with no issues. The trail itself is one way traffic so once you commit, be aware of that. Once on top its an amazing view. we are up in the area this weekend, so if no one posts anything then i will update the post...
Unread 07-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
tweenerlj
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Folks have been over red cone and up twin cone already this season. Webster has a big snow bank at the top and a huge washout just below making it impassible.
tweenerlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #5
dolson60174
1999 TJ Wrangler 

sweet thanks for the info!
Unread 07-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #6
dolson60174
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malebolgia View Post
I was starting to look into a trip up there with my brother in a few weeks here so I am kind of wondering as well. Also I have never run red cone before so any pointers?
So the trail to Webster is pretty spectacular, as mentioned before, the washout was passable, if its the one mentioned. the snowbank is however there and still very deep. As for Red Cone, the trail was a lot rougher then last time i went. I made it to the hill climb right below the pass when a storm was rolling so we turned back before the rocks got too slick. Just watch the lines so you dont hang, and have a good spotter. This is also coming from having a stock wrangler. In our group we had a modded 79 that has 31's and a 2" lift. the other driver had a 02 Ford F150 and although he had some difficulty in some of the tight turns, he made it as well.....

oh and the view...SPECTACULAR!!!
sam_0209.jpg   sam_0207.jpg   sam_0158.jpg   sam_0153.jpg  

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.