Quadrapaws Tahuya Fun Run Saturday June 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Quadrapaws Tahuya Fun Run Saturday June 11

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 06-13-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
Bubblegoose1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Belfair, WA

Had a good day on some mellow trails with new and old Jeep friends.

RIPP GEN 2 w/ RIPP headers, Diablosport Trinity, 6 1/2" Teraflex, 38 KM2s, Trail Readys, RCVs, JE Reels, Currie Antirock, Redneck Ram, ORH Top, Bushwacker Flares, XRC 10 Comp, EVO 1/4 Pounder, Finishlinewest Rear Carrier/Bumper, Rotopax, Schrockworks Rails, OverKill Corner Armor, Rock Hard/AEV Skids, Warn VTC, ARB Fridge,.....
Bubblegoose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
Bubblegoose1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Some more

RIPP GEN 2 w/ RIPP headers, Diablosport Trinity, 6 1/2" Teraflex, 38 KM2s, Trail Readys, RCVs, JE Reels, Currie Antirock, Redneck Ram, ORH Top, Bushwacker Flares, XRC 10 Comp, EVO 1/4 Pounder, Finishlinewest Rear Carrier/Bumper, Rotopax, Schrockworks Rails, OverKill Corner Armor, Rock Hard/AEV Skids, Warn VTC, ARB Fridge,.....
Unread 06-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
Bubblegoose1
2007 JK Wrangler 

And more

Unread 06-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
Bubblegoose1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Last ones

This thing is crazy

Unread 06-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #5
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

Wow what is that green monstrosity? That is crazy! Looks like a great trip!
74 Nova - 2" drop and disc conv. Sold.
My videos
tizzdizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 07:53 PM   #6
SirGCal

Strapping a pressurized air tank AND pressurized fire extinguisher to the OUTSIDE of the crash bars? Pretty stupid. That person should really turn them to the inside and/or even more preferably, down into the more protected atmosphere (but still easily accessible for emergency access). They obviously haven't ever seen one of those get ruptured and take half a vehicle with it.

Those CO2 tanks can run from 300 to over 1k PSI with common operating pressures upwards of 700... If that person has no idea of what type of explosive potential that includes... I wouldn't wheel with them. I've already seen the damage from one exploding underneath (moron had it unprotected) a rig... I wouldn't even want to be in the position to whitness it going of with flesh (especially possibly innocent bystanders) nearby. At least, for peat's sake, that person should rotate them inside the crash bar to give them some protection.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #7
Bubblegoose1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Wow, pretty harsh way to start a post but point made, I think. I will suggest to my buddy that he clear his rollbar contact areas.

Thanks
Unread 06-19-2011, 08:43 PM   #8
SirGCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblegoose1 View Post
Wow, pretty harsh way to start a post but point made, I think. I will suggest to my buddy that he clear his rollbar contact areas.

Thanks
Did not mean to be harsh. Sorry. Sometimes I just type logically as I think it and it comes out all wrong with a sort of emotion or attitude that is never there in actuality. Again, sorry bout that.

But ya, inside the rollbar is better, inside the tub is better still, inside more armor is best even still. But I've seen three of the new 4-doors flop over and all of them ended up on that part of the cage in some form at one time. It holds up well but that can as you know wouldn't. And I really hate seeing the helicopter ruin everyone trip and memories.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
Unread 06-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #9
Bubblegoose1
2007 JK Wrangler 

I will definitely suggest an angle change to him. I understand the danger of CO2 and extinguishers.

Thanks again
Unread 06-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #10
BenDrinken
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal View Post
Did not mean to be harsh. Sorry. Sometimes I just type logically as I think it and it comes out all wrong with a sort of emotion or attitude that is never there in actuality. Again, sorry bout that.
um yeah you pretty much come off like a (mean guy). If I was in a position that my tanks would be a safety issue, I think I would be pretty much ****ed anyway. However, I will take your advice to heart and see if I can find a more appropriote way to mount them.
Would love to see some pics of something CO2 wise gone bad.

Last edited by SirGCal; 06-19-2011 at 09:51 PM.. Reason: just cleaned it up a tick. Don't want people to get in language trouble.
BenDrinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 09:44 PM   #11
BenDrinken
2008 JK Wrangler 

Great pics Bubblegoose. You are a pleasure to wheel with. I will try not to blow you or anyone else up next time we ehwwl.
BenDrinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #12
SirGCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDrinken View Post
If I was in a position that my tanks would be a safety issue, I think I would be pretty much ****ed anyway.
Nah, actually they roll back to the side pretty easily when they flop in that position. Or if it's a backwards roll, the top cage holds well. Still you're reasonably protected. Sure you'll have body damage but... That's all fixable... It's YOUR body damage that is the primary concern.

The worst CO2 explosion was a tank that we used a lot and was down on pressure from full was enough to blow the rear axle and most of the fuel tank clear out of a Dodge 3/4 ton (I think it was). No one was hurt that time but... Yuck... To imagine that happening to flesh instead of metal.... EEK! The Fire Extinguisher isn't as bad being at 180PSI if I remember right but still, that's a lot of pressure should it rupture. Not the ~700ish but I'm sure it wouldn't feel good. But also being smaller, the bar will better protect it. The CO2 tank is a big fatty... But at least rotating it, if nothing else, so that the bar protects from the top/back and side would be a much better solution than full exposure to the rear as it sits now. But down in the tub would be best if you can swing it. I've also seen some armored carriers for them also but they were also protected by the huge rear spare too but... I'll see if I can dig up some info on them or if they were totally custom... But since your tire is already in the rear (I'm assuming for rear departure angle) I'm guessing you don't want to go that route either...

Anyhow, sorry I came off like a turd. I know I do that sometimes and I NEVER mean to. Sorry again and I hope this helps in any small way.

Quote:
Unread 06-20-2011, 05:12 AM   #13
unlblkrubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Great pics and lots of good looking rigs.

Unread 06-20-2011, 08:29 AM   #14
Bubblegoose1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi
Great pics and lots of good looking rigs.
Thanks!!
Unread 06-20-2011, 08:32 AM   #15
Bubblegoose1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDrinken
Great pics Bubblegoose. You are a pleasure to wheel with. I will try not to blow you or anyone else up next time we ehwwl.
Thanks man. I was just planning on avoiding you on the trails from here on. LOL

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.