Potts Mountain Jeep Trail, VA (several pics) - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Trail Reports & Pictures > Potts Mountain Jeep Trail, VA (several pics)

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #46
RUparrothead
1980 J-Series Truck 

Trail is opening tomorrow per USFS office in Blacksburg (maybe tonight if they get it all done, but definitely tomorrow AM.

Unread 10-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #47
smokin_joe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Do any locals know if the trails are open? I have a planned trail ride coming up soon. Any details appreciated.
smokin_joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #48
VTJeePTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Pretty sure it's open until at least late november-early December depending on snow. I know a local club here is planning to head there this weekend and its open. When in doubt, you can always contact the forest service office
Unread 07-08-2014, 11:16 PM   #49
afusco1222
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone know how far down 617 the trail head is? Trying to plan a trip out there sometime in August.
afusco1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2014, 08:24 PM   #50
twin2232

I have a 98 grand Cherokee with a 3in budget boost from freedom offroad sitting on 31s anybody know if I could make it through OK?
twin2232 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2014, 09:47 PM   #51
hbrink123

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin2232
I have a 98 grand Cherokee with a 3in budget boost from freedom offroad sitting on 31s anybody know if I could make it through OK?
I would imagine that it would be hard. But not impossible if you know what your doing. If your inexperienced then no.
hbrink123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2014, 10:40 AM   #52
holliewood61
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin2232 View Post
You better have rocker protection, or you will beat them in. I would also highly recommend a traction adder in at least one end. We were up there in september and it was pretty rough.

A vid from our trip

Potts Mountain 9/20/14 part 3/3:
YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

And you cant beat the view from the top

60 CJ5 tore down
holliewood61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.